GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

help :( S/C Belt and Serpentine Belt - SNAPPED!!!! and weird "gunk" on S/C???

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-07, 02:24 PM
Kharizma
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help :( S/C Belt and Serpentine Belt - SNAPPED!!!! and weird "gunk" on S/C???

ok.. so i'm having a pretty crappy day lol

anyways, i start my car, and i notice that it sounds like it's slowly dying.. so i give it a little gas to see if it'll help and when i did that, it made this weird almost grinding sound. so i let off the gas and let the car warm up as usual. as i was sitting there, i heard something snap and went to look under the hood of my car. serpentine belt - snapped, supercharger belt - snapped. and the pulley that connected the serpentine belt with the supercharger belt looks like it just came off the car??

so i know i need to replace the power steering pump... and the alternator now since apparently that's gone to hell.. is there anything else i need to be worried about??

now there's this other issue, while i was looking at the belts, i noticed there was some gunky build up on the backside of my supercharger. not a lot, but it's still enough to make me wonder what the hell it is lol and i noticed a rip in my intake "u" pipe so.. any ideas???

lol i gotta fix so much crap on my car and man this is hurtin' the wallet hardcore -_-*

thanks in advance for your help
Old 12-06-07, 02:54 PM
twojayzee
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Got any photos ?
Old 12-06-07, 03:02 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Kharizma
ok.. so i'm having a pretty crappy day lol

anyways, i start my car, and i notice that it sounds like it's slowly dying.. so i give it a little gas to see if it'll help and when i did that, it made this weird almost grinding sound. so i let off the gas and let the car warm up as usual. as i was sitting there, i heard something snap and went to look under the hood of my car. serpentine belt - snapped, supercharger belt - snapped. and the pulley that connected the serpentine belt with the supercharger belt looks like it just came off the car??

so i know i need to replace the power steering pump... and the alternator now since apparently that's gone to hell.. is there anything else i need to be worried about??

now there's this other issue, while i was looking at the belts, i noticed there was some gunky build up on the backside of my supercharger. not a lot, but it's still enough to make me wonder what the hell it is lol and i noticed a rip in my intake "u" pipe so.. any ideas???

lol i gotta fix so much crap on my car and man this is hurtin' the wallet hardcore -_-*

thanks in advance for your help

Remember me warning you about the expense of the supercharger on the SC? Anyway, I am guessing the serpentine belt broke because the supercharger belt broke and damaged it. Be thankful it didn't take out your wiring on your MAF as it did mine.

Check at the union bolt of the hi pressure line to the PS pump and make sure that isn't leaking.

Is the gunk oil from the SC? You can just tape up your intake piping until you can get a new one.

Did a bearing go bad on the pulley or what? Something unaligned the belts and caused the damage...

Jonny
Old 12-07-07, 12:55 PM
Kharizma
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

no photos at the moment... hurts to look at it lol

and yeah jonny lol i remember the warnings -_-* the price of being a tuner, hm? lol i don't know if the gunk is oil or not, i don't even know where it's from.

all i know is that my alternator is bad and i'm gettin' that replaced and i know that my power steering thing went bad so i had a hard time turning the wheel so that caused squealing and caused the pulley to slow down and i think that's what may of caused the pulley to become unaligned...
Old 12-07-07, 02:16 PM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

lol...price of being a tuner. Now you're starting to understand. At least your setup isn't quite as custom as mine. My car has been sitting in the garage going on 5 weeks now without an engine. Hopefully that should change next week though