GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Two cracked rims.... not even two weeks i had them!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-07, 07:30 AM
MrG4Life
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GSXLEX
Perhaps its all in the angle..I hit a nasty pothole @ around 70mph on rt 287 in NJ..Felt it all the way up to my ribcage and just knew the rim was bent and was scared to even look..Blew out a Bilstein but guess waht??,Not even a nick on my rim!!Check my sig as I proudly display my Ruff Racing wheels..Now I avoid NJ potholes by taking the money I saved on more expensive wheels and moved to Florida..
That's even more brutal when you blow out a shock because of dang pothole. I don't blame you for the move. It's just another reason why I left NY. Regardless no place is pothole free. I just have an extra eye out for them wherever I am whether on stock or aftermarket wheels.
Old 12-23-07, 09:34 AM
Caoboy
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nosexnolex
I bet if I were to ask you where the money come from to pay for the road you would say taxes! but what type of tax I want to ask you, do you know?.......................................................................................
not trying to offend you but you really have no idea of what the function of our government is! the money that go towards fixing the roads are from your and mine fuel tax, yes we pay every time we get fuel at the pump! with your understanding it is ok to pay for a service only to not recive it. How would you like for example to pay me to advertise you business and your ad is nowhere to be found? I'm sorry but your kind of talk pisses me off!

carry on now...
So, by what you are saying, is that the fuel tax we pay for (also known as a road tax correct?) doesn't get used? You said, that i would say taxes. You also said that by the fuel tax is how roads get repaired/built etc. and yet you say that you don't see the service you pay for, to the government (in taxes, through us) and in effect the city's budget which is derived from the state taxes that we pay, then who are you to go after then? the city or the state? or perhaps the federal government? Is it a state or federal tax?

Do you see what I'm saying here? In effect, by your statement, you are going after the city who is actually the wrong person to the accusing who has malled your rims. You should actually be going after the state government, since it is they who make up the budgets for all the cities of the state.

Maybe you don't see the workers building highways, maintaining more used roads, repairing roads and highways whenever their budget allows. By you demanding that money to fix those rims you are in effect exacting your tax money back, of which I'm sure is more than you have paid in taxes anyways, and at the same time as the effect of your demanding of money, not allowing those same pot holes which you have previously had destroy your rims be repaired. Where did you think they were going to get that money to pay for your rims eh?

I'm pretty sure they don't have a budget set aside for damages and losses, and i'm sure they'd take it out of a budget that is related to the cause, write it as a loss and will just wait til next year to fix those pot holes.

I'm sorry if my talk pisses you off, but it's the kind of people who demand to be reimbursed for something along the likes of wear and tear on a vehicle, for a mistake that could have been easily avoided, that irks me. It's just like the people who say they hurt their back in a 5mph rear ended collision, and the people who claim they need to be on disability and they sit at home all day perfectly fine, wasting away social security benefits and the likes.

Chalk it up as a loss, and move on already.

Last edited by Caoboy; 12-23-07 at 09:39 AM.