GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

My GS3 Update !!!CARBON Butt Lift!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-07, 06:42 AM
carbongs
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

thanks, i don't think i'll have the inner tails tinted until after World of Wheels Atlanta, I don't want to rush the builders in any way. Let them take their time and get it done right the first time, which I have the up most confidence in Kevin and Gene
Old 12-28-07, 06:55 AM
huddleston
Racer

Received 56 Likes on 13 Posts

i love your car, always clean and tasteful mods. very well thought out. im sure everything will turn out as you envisioned it.
Old 12-28-07, 07:53 AM
carbongs
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by huddleston
i love your car, always clean and tasteful mods. very well thought out. im sure everything will turn out as you envisioned it.
Thanks man! I appreciate the kind words! I hope it turns out great as well. Gotta start saving money to do the roof and the interior parts!
Old 12-28-07, 08:26 AM
SoCalSC4
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by sleeper408
I've seen people custom mold the Supra 3rd brake light right above the rear license plate. It looks pretty clean. I forgot which member here has done it. I think it was a silver GS.
Did this on my bucket before it was painted, the same guy did it that did Rookie's (Joe @ Backyard Creations, master fabricator & painter!)

Car is looking good, man. Of course, you know I am a C/F junkie...

Ever consider skinning the center section of the roof panel? Edit: I just read your post, above I think that would look nuts! My friend Neil Tjin did the C/F thing on the roof of his old S14, it was unique and clean.
Old 12-28-07, 09:50 AM
carbongs
Lexus Champion

yeah, that looks great, will be doing the roof in a few months, gotta get some mula first lol
Old 01-03-08, 08:55 AM
carbongs
Lexus Champion

thanks again to everyone and for your kind words. I picked up the car today for roll in at the world of wheels atlanta. unfortunately we were not able to get the side pieces of the jp replica rear to fit yet so the rear spoiler is not on yet. they also didn't want to put on the roof spoiler yet since I had to drive it right away. they were afraid that it would fall of on the way to the show. so for the time being I am riding wingless. looks kinda kool to me. but it will be back at the shop monday and rolling agin to the world of wheels chatanooga next thursday! i'll have pics of the current set up by tomorrow.
Old 01-03-08, 10:08 AM
Wheel Boy
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by carbongs
thanks again to everyone and for your kind words. I picked up the car today for roll in at the world of wheels atlanta. unfortunately we were not able to get the side pieces of the jp replica rear to fit yet so the rear spoiler is not on yet. they also didn't want to put on the roof spoiler yet since I had to drive it right away. they were afraid that it would fall of on the way to the show. so for the time being I am riding wingless. looks kinda kool to me. but it will be back at the shop monday and rolling agin to the world of wheels chatanooga next thursday! i'll have pics of the current set up by tomorrow.
Can't wait.
Old 01-03-08, 10:16 AM
excluesive
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

hurry your *** up
Old 01-03-08, 10:46 AM
Solo_D33A
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

why not just attach the roof spoiler when you got to the show, that you can let it set without driving.....?
Old 01-03-08, 11:07 AM
veritek
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Solo_D33A
why not just attach the roof spoiler when you got to the show, that you can let it set without driving.....?
He's talking about the 3 piece trunk spoiler.
Old 01-03-08, 12:05 PM
PushinLEX
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

can't wait to see the finished product. he!!a carbon fiber!
Old 01-03-08, 12:44 PM
Solo_D33A
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by veritek
He's talking about the 3 piece trunk spoiler.
Originally Posted by carbongs
It also states the shop don't want to attach the roof spoiler, well, I guess it depends on how it's so be attached to the car... if it's just tape, it should be easy for anyone to do it on site, if it's glued on, it's different then...
Old 01-03-08, 02:10 PM
carbongs
Lexus Champion

thanks guys for your input thus far. didn't want to put it on because I was going to drive the car. it will be taped on eventually. and I wanted them to put it on in case I messed up. try to hold the shop accountable for as much as possible.
Old 01-04-08, 02:57 AM
VipDout
19x11.5 -51

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

should be great to see .. esp if its as clean as SoCalSC4's blue Gs bumper piece,

I am ready to see some shots
Old 01-04-08, 03:00 PM
carbongs
Lexus Champion

lol at me guys! I have my camera here at the show but I forgot my memory card at home in my card reader at home!

Quick Reply: My GS3 Update !!!CARBON Butt Lift!!!