GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

3rd Gen GS Seats in 2nd Gen GS

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-08, 08:18 PM
EFMJR
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Frankdorn
I drive a LOT, and my back is often sore after ~45 minutes... If you could send me his info or post it, I would be eternally grateful. Regular comfort + grip when driving hard + Lexus approved + less expensive (hopefully) + side airbags, memory, no retrofitting... ...perfect!
Ok, took some serching but i found it burriws under a stack of magazines. Heres the info i have from the flyer and buisness card he gave me. Theres a few names but it all links back to the same place.

Rippin' Stitchin' Upholstery
your leather experts

Flyer
3900 McHenry Blvd.
Modesto, CA 95356
(209) 575 - 2700
(888) 765 - 2718

Buissness card
Tom Hatfield
(209) 765 - 2700 (cell)
http://www.saveyourhide.net

on the back of the card it says

our new address is:
5283 Jerusalem Ct., Ste. #1
Modesto, CA 95356

I just fnnished cruising through his site and it shows pictures before and after on cars. He does also do old hot rods and classic restorations as well. When I spoke to him he said he does all the work for a lexus dealership so hes approved to work with the side airbag stuff. he exsplained it in the stitching. He walked me over a showed me a old hotrod that he just finnished that morning before the show started. he did it there in the show hall and it looked really good. If i remeber right that car got some trophy or something for interioir at the same show. When i spoke to him about doing my GS400 he said he needed the car for like two days to do all the work. And like i stated in an earler post he was showing me how he used memory foam for comfort and support. I dont think hes dirt cheap, but does good work and cheaper and easyer that trying to find other seats and trying to make them work. I havent used him yet but he will be who i go to when Im ready even if I have to drive for four hours each way to get there. Hope this helps someone. I just saw the post and thought id throw this info out there. Im not easyly impresses but he impressed me.
Old 01-13-08, 09:43 PM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by lexusondubs
lol thanks guys for agreeing i thought that i was all alone and everybody liked uncle bens... i think what most disturbes me about the seats is the 5 point harness knowing that car wont go fast enuf to use them
Actually, he does drive that pretty fast. It was the first turbo'd GS430 in the US. I've driven that car a bunch of times...its fast enough to have those seats...trust me.

Carcraft redid the leather on those as well...too bad their not in business anymore.
Old 05-13-08, 02:13 PM
onedropz
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so did anyone here put the 3gs seats into the 2gs? havnt seen any pictures yet. was thinking of new seats.
Old 06-25-10, 03:17 PM
Danarist
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by onedropz
so did anyone here put the 3gs seats into the 2gs? havnt seen any pictures yet. was thinking of new seats.
Year!!! Did anyone here put the 3gs or Ls430 seats into the 2gs?
Old 06-25-10, 04:16 PM
TopRamen
Pole Position

"But, uh, back to the lecture at hand
Perfection is perfected so I'ma let em understand
From a young G's perspective..."

Ok, I'm gonna go out on the limb and say this: most likely the bolt patterns don't match up, and even if they did, the electronic adjusting wouldn't work anymore (unless you were handy with steel if you know what I mean and rewired it all).

3gs seats into the 2 gs seats are not doable.
Old 06-25-10, 09:02 PM
Newchapter
Lead Lap

We just need a doner....
Old 06-25-10, 10:22 PM
otis_jzs
Lead Lap

everything is "doable" i may be doing this soon so i guess ill be the test dummy
Old 06-26-10, 12:20 AM
sam430
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Cool ^ I think our 2gs have no lateral support. I find myself sliding before the car is actually close to doing so itself LOL.
Old 06-26-10, 12:48 AM
gsjason300
Lead Lap

my 2gs is comfortable as hell but im fat hahahahhaa but everyone else that sits in the car says its super comfortable.
Old 06-26-10, 01:14 PM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
well we have owners putting in exhaust and intake making the car louder too.
Not too mention larger rims, low profile tires, dropping the car with stiffer suspension. Where does it end? Luxury cars should stay completely stock like when the manufacturer intended it to be. After all, their engineer's spent thousands of hours of R&D creating the perfect car in their mind right?
Old 06-26-10, 01:19 PM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lexusondubs
lol thanks guys for agreeing i thought that i was all alone and everybody liked uncle bens... i think what most disturbes me about the seats is the 5 point harness knowing that car wont go fast enuf to use them
Actually I too wouldn't put those seats in my car. I don't like the 5-Point harness either unless it was for a track car. I still think if it functions better than the stock seats its all good though. Lexus never really had good seats for even spirited street driving. I'm sure the IS350 seats are good though, but their sedans are purely for comfort. Of the cars I owned my Acura had the best seat, followed by my BMW.
Old 06-26-10, 01:21 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I like those recaro seats. not a fan of the seats in the 3gen GS. Someone want to buy my front seats? I'd like to have these Recaro Seats or ISF seats.
Old 06-26-10, 01:22 PM
otis_jzs
Lead Lap

I just wanna do it so I can have that diffrent facotor and so I can have black seats with my tan interior like supras and rx7 have all black with tan seats or the way some sport designds have black with peanut butter seats. Its just gangster
Old 06-26-10, 02:30 PM
sleeper408

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Coco-bun
no he has it right. there's a thread in the 3GS section about how a new 3GS owner thinks they have poorly built seats.
I've read that thread. I think it was in regards to how supple the leather was and overall comfort.
Old 06-27-10, 11:04 AM
RAWKUSsd
Driver

Originally Posted by GSteg
yyuumm......

damn now thats nice

Quick Reply: 3rd Gen GS Seats in 2nd Gen GS