GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Help with specs on some 19"s

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-07, 10:25 PM
GS FONZy
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by oojpeeoo
i have 19x8.5 in the front and 19x9.5 in the rear and its lowered on sum tein flex and it looks great and is comfortable. however if u do that u should get a camber kit cuz mine camber is to the max and my rear right tired wears from the inside twice as fast as all my other tires. its a pain in the ***
If one of your tires wears out faster, then it's not a camber issue. Also, I am not sure if there is a camber kit for the GS. Last I heard Tanabe was creating one, but I am not sure if it ever made it to the market at the MSRP of $1000 plus
Old 12-26-07, 12:31 AM
VipDout
19x11.5 -51

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GS FONZy
If one of your tires wears out faster, then it's not a camber issue. Also, I am not sure if there is a camber kit for the GS. Last I heard Tanabe was creating one, but I am not sure if it ever made it to the market at the MSRP of $1000 plus
His post sounds like toe ... I'd check that
Old 12-26-07, 01:48 PM
oojpeeoo
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

they do make a camber kit for the gs and my car duznt allign perfectly although it is close enuff.. and my tire wears out faster bc it leans in a lil bit from the inside so yes it is a camber issue
Old 12-26-07, 04:08 PM
GS FONZy
Lexus Champion

they do make a camber kit for the gs and my car duznt allign perfectly although it is close enuff.. and my tire wears out faster bc it leans in a lil bit from the inside so yes it is a camber issue
please post a link to the camber kit. I hope you don't post a link to RCAs or the lowering L blocks because those are not camber kits. Besides those only help out in the front, what about the rear?

Why don't you get the camber kit your self, so you stop wearing one out four tires?

Last edited by GS FONZy; 12-26-07 at 10:12 PM.
Old 12-27-07, 02:26 PM
oojpeeoo
Driver School Candidate

please post a link to the camber kit. I hope you don't post a link to RCAs or the lowering L blocks because those are not camber kits. Besides those only help out in the front, what about the rear?

Why don't you get the camber kit your self, so you stop wearing one out four tires?
cuz its not worth it for me to buy and install and then reallgn all for a car with almost 100k miles on it that im plannin on selling soon anways just lookin for a good deal on a 3rd gen
Old 12-27-07, 03:46 PM
V8_Aristo
Bippu

cuz its not worth it for me to buy and install and then reallgn all for a car with almost 100k miles on it that im plannin on selling soon anways just lookin for a good deal on a 3rd gen
Maybe it's not worth it for you, but that link would still be useful to a lot of people. I haven't seen or heard of a very effective camber kit made for the 2GS. So if you can, please enlighten us with this piece for valuable information.
Old 12-27-07, 04:06 PM
FinLIFE
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts

ok well I thought about it and im willing to throw off the camber to get the right look. Basically I want to fit the most wheel in the wheel wells without cutting the fenders..its just something I cant get myself to do to the car. So im willing to roll the fenders and throw off the camber if thats what it takes to fit a fat 19" both front and back.
Old 12-27-07, 05:29 PM
V8_Aristo
Bippu

Rolling the rear fenders can cause more damage than just cutting it. You have a big risk of creating waves or wrinkles, since that lip is really thick and strong.
Old 12-27-07, 06:30 PM
phillygs3

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GS4_CS
Ok well I do want a mild stretch. Suspension will be coilovers. And I do not want to shave fenders, but I wont mind getting them rolled. I also need it to clear front LS BBK. Id like to keep camber pretty close to 0..-1..-2, just so I dont eat through tires, but I do like the negative camber look. The wheel im currently drooling over is a bbs lm, but the actual bbs is out of question due ot the price. So next option would be the luff m1. Would any of the following specs work on my car?

Size: 19x8.5
Finish: Silver Painted
BP 2: 5x114.3
Offset: 22

Size: 19x10.5
Finish: Silver Painted
BP 2: 5x114.3
Offset: 22

thanks.
probably have to shave
Old 12-27-07, 07:00 PM
VipDout
19x11.5 -51

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have had my rear rolled but very Minor It would have wrinkled the rear fender area ... I will be shaving it next ... (avoided but very needed)

Most of the guys in here posting have very good information for you .... I have been asking many questions and they have helped out alot ..
Old 12-27-07, 08:38 PM
GS FONZy
Lexus Champion

I completely "F" up one of the fenders for rolling it. Trust me and many of the guys here, cut it or go with a high offset wheel that will not require any fender mods.
You can still fill the wheel well and tuck tire with a mid to high 30s offset and not need to do anything to the fenders. Of course this depends on how wide the wheel is.
Old 12-27-07, 09:34 PM
BigGene
Driver

I haven't personally checked on the GS, but I remember when I had my 6th gen Celica I was doing suspension work, I had trouble finding parts, but I was able to stop in and pick up an adjustable camber kit from a local autozone with no hassle at all.

Just drop into a local shop and see if they have a kit.
Old 12-27-07, 11:06 PM
chrispy

Received 79 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by BigGene
I haven't personally checked on the GS, but I remember when I had my 6th gen Celica I was doing suspension work, I had trouble finding parts, but I was able to stop in and pick up an adjustable camber kit from a local autozone with no hassle at all.

The GS suspension is more sophisticated than a Celica's, and that's why there's not very many options for camber correction.
Old 12-27-07, 11:50 PM
GS FONZy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by BigGene

If it were that easy, non of us would have camber issues if we didn't want them.
Old 12-27-07, 11:59 PM
4ntvings
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

If it were that easy, non of us would have camber issues if we didn't want them.

like the Fonz says, "heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy"
this topic has beaten enough, hasnt it? Like Fonz said, get wheels w/mid to hi 30's offsets and you should be able to slam it nicely. My rear is very very conservative on 10" and i could probably slam it to the lip with barely any fender mods......well, almost to the lip, hehehe

Quick Reply: Help with specs on some 19"s