GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Help with specs on some 19"s

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-07, 04:42 PM
FinLIFE
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
Default Help with specs on some 19"s

So instead of making several posts on how such and such a wheel fit I figured I would make one and just get a range of what I should look for. Basically I have a 2nd gen gs and im looking to purchase a set of 19's. I plan on significantly lowering the car to either tuck tire or have it sit flush. So now my question is what sizes and offsets should I look for. Should I go with an 8" or 9" up front and what size should I run in the rear whether it be 9" or 10" or even 10.5". Also what offsets should I look for, for both the front and the rear. Thanks in advance.
Old 12-24-07, 05:09 PM
FinLIFE
Pole Position

I think there is a post stating a bunch of sizes and offsets and if they are conservative or aggressive, but I cant seem to find the link. If anyone could help with that, then that would also work. thanks
Old 12-25-07, 12:46 AM
4ntvings
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

http://lgwnorcal.net/articles/index.html#null

then click on 'wheel and tire fitment guide'
Old 12-25-07, 01:34 AM
GS FONZy
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

you should choose the wheels widths first then we can let you know what offset will work. Also, you need to know what tire set up you will be using. Some of the flush set up will require a strecth tire, ect...
Old 12-25-07, 02:38 AM
chrispy

Received 79 Likes on 37 Posts

It all depends how aggressive you want to go. Stretched tires, camber, shaved fenders. I'd stick to 9 and 10 or 9.5 and 10.5. Offsets in the low 20's are pretty flush for coilover setups. You can push them out even more if you're going with air suspension.
Old 12-25-07, 09:02 AM
FinLIFE
Pole Position

Ok well I do want a mild stretch. Suspension will be coilovers. And I do not want to shave fenders, but I wont mind getting them rolled. I also need it to clear front LS BBK. Id like to keep camber pretty close to 0..-1..-2, just so I dont eat through tires, but I do like the negative camber look. The wheel im currently drooling over is a bbs lm, but the actual bbs is out of question due ot the price. So next option would be the luff m1. Would any of the following specs work on my car?

Size: 19x8.5
Finish: Silver Painted
BP 2: 5x114.3
Offset: 22

Size: 19x10.5

thanks.
Old 12-25-07, 09:31 AM
excluesive
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

will a 19x9.5 w/ +32 offset fit in the front?
Old 12-25-07, 10:15 AM
V8_Aristo
Bippu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GS4_CS
I plan on significantly lowering the car to either tuck tire or have it sit flush.
Id like to keep camber pretty close to 0..-1..-2, just so I dont eat through tires
Not possible.
Old 12-25-07, 10:16 AM
chrispy

Received 79 Likes on 37 Posts

I strongly suggest shaving fenders rather than rolling. I've run into nothing but problems every time I roll fenders.
Old 12-25-07, 10:47 AM
FinLIFE
Pole Position

hey v8 aristo, even with a stretched tire I cant have it sit so the top of the tire is flush with the fenders while still keeping a decent camber? I wish I could go very aggressive, but its just not practical around where I live and it would just kill my wallet, but at the same time I dont want to be the guy you see driving around who just threw some rims on their car and calls it a day. I want to have the car looking like the rims are perfectly fitted on there and that you cant fit anything in between .
Old 12-25-07, 01:11 PM
GS FONZy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by excluesive
will a 19x9.5 w/ +32 offset fit in the front?
That should work, at the very least you might have to run a stretched tire.
Ok well I do want a mild stretch. Suspension will be coilovers. And I do not want to shave fenders, but I wont mind getting them rolled. I also need it to clear front LS BBK. Id like to keep camber pretty close to 0..-1..-2, just so I dont eat through tires, but I do like the negative camber look. The wheel im currently drooling over is a bbs lm, but the actual bbs is out of question due ot the price. So next option would be the luff m1. Would any of the following specs work on my car?

Size: 19x8.5

Size: 19x10.5

thanks.
The front is fine, but the back is very agressive. Also, you do know you need RCAs fot the BBK you plan on using, right?
Originally Posted by chrispy
I strongly suggest shaving fenders rather than rolling. I've run into nothing but problems every time I roll fenders.
I had a issues my self too. The back have to be shaved and if you want the fronts to look clean and not worry about paint damage or dimples on the fender, then you should shave them as well.

Last edited by GS FONZy; 12-25-07 at 01:18 PM.
Old 12-25-07, 01:12 PM
excluesive
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

u gotta pay to play man!

nah, but seriously, to the level u want to go, theres really no way to help. u can get the rca's to help u out a lil with the camber, but i dont really know how it works.

good luck and merry xmas
Old 12-25-07, 01:20 PM
V8_Aristo
Bippu

hey v8 aristo, even with a stretched tire I cant have it sit so the top of the tire is flush with the fenders while still keeping a decent camber? I wish I could go very aggressive, but its just not practical around where I live and it would just kill my wallet, but at the same time I dont want to be the guy you see driving around who just threw some rims on their car and calls it a day. I want to have the car looking like the rims are perfectly fitted on there and that you cant fit anything in between .
By the time you get to about a "lose finger" gap, you are already a couple of degrees negative. There is really no easy solution to this (aside from getting an air suspension), but there are ways to increase tire life even if you have negative camber. If this still doesn't sound practical to you, then maybe it's time to rethink about running slammed. If fitment (and not stance) is a factor in choosing your wheel specs, then just get a little more conservative and adjust the ride a little higher.
Old 12-25-07, 01:42 PM
GS FONZy
Lexus Champion

Yep, You need to go with a 20" wheel on a 35 series or run a 40 series on the 19" wheel. That is the only way to get rid of the gap and have some what of a conservative camber. My best advise to you is find someone who has the set up and look you want to achive and talk to them. V8 know his stuff, he was one of the guys who helped me with this issue when I was trying to decide my fitment.

Any lower than 1.8" will result in negative camber

Last edited by GS FONZy; 12-25-07 at 01:47 PM.
Old 12-25-07, 05:52 PM
oojpeeoo
Driver School Candidate

i have 19x8.5 in the front and 19x9.5 in the rear and its lowered on sum tein flex and it looks great and is comfortable. however if u do that u should get a camber kit cuz mine camber is to the max and my rear right tired wears from the inside twice as fast as all my other tires. its a pain in the ***

Quick Reply: Help with specs on some 19"s