GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

any pics with 25mm H&R spacers on all four corners with stock wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-08, 05:15 AM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default any pics with 25mm H&R spacers on all four corners with stock wheels?

ive posted up and seen pics of the gs's with the H&R 25mm spacers on the rear, but i dont think ive seen anyone with them on all 4 corners.. if youve got a pic please post it up...im ONLY looking for anyone that has the SAME 25mm's on the front too, not a smaller size. (request in regards to an '03 gs430 with stock 17s & tein csv.2 cranked all the way down)

im sending my wheels out so the car is going to be on the stock 17s again for a few. i have the h&r 25mm's for the back but it looks pretty stupid with the front wheels with nothing, all sunk in... i dont want to be changing out wheel studs just for a couple months then having to change back, so using the 25mm h&rs (only hubcentric ones ive seen with built in studs) up front too would seem like the easiest way to go...curious if by using the same size spacer front and rear is the front going to look more poked then the rear or would it be about equal? stock wheels in the rear with the 25mm spacers installed sit almost out far enough to be flush with the fenders..

EDIT: answered my own question. fronts stick out slightly more then the rear when you use the same spacer for both. new ? in post #11.

Last edited by upstateGS4; 01-26-08 at 03:13 PM.
Old 01-05-08, 06:44 PM
GS FONZy
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't think you will find anyone with that set up. It's way to aggressive and most naver moded there fenders with stock wheels.
Crispy had 15mm in front and 25mm in rear and had issues with his fenders trim on the front.
Old 01-05-08, 11:48 PM
chrispy

Received 79 Likes on 37 Posts

I only had problems because I was running 245 instead of 235 on the stock tires. I think if you run 235's a 15mm in the front will work. Any more than that and you should shave your fenders.
Old 01-06-08, 12:32 AM
excluesive
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

i may have to do the same... my wheels look sunk after the drop today
Old 01-06-08, 12:37 AM
GS FONZy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by chrispy
I only had problems because I was running 245 instead of 235 on the stock tires. I think if you run 235's a 15mm in the front will work. Any more than that and you should shave your fenders.
Yeah, but he wants to run a 25mm up front. The only way to fit that is on sahved/rolled fenders. Which most members here with stock wheels and spacers don't do.
Old 01-06-08, 04:40 AM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

its understandable, i knew it would prob be way too weird because the wheels sit different in the front then in the back with no spacers at all.. i was just toying with the idea since it wouldve been so easy to bolt those 25s up if they couldve worked. doesnt really matter either way i guess, the cars not going to be moving much the next few months as it is.
Old 01-06-08, 12:43 PM
GS FONZy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by upstateGS4
its understandable, i knew it would prob be way too weird because the wheels sit different in the front then in the back with no spacers at all.. i was just toying with the idea since it wouldve been so easy to bolt those 25s up if they couldve worked. doesnt really matter either way i guess, the cars not going to be moving much the next few months as it is.
Oh, I see. You don't want to have to chage studs from oem to the longer ones, right? It only takes like 5 min to swap stud, it's very simple.

Last edited by GS FONZy; 01-06-08 at 02:55 PM.
Old 01-26-08, 07:12 AM
wowitztai
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

where can i find pics of 25mm on the rear with 20's?
Old 01-26-08, 09:55 AM
excluesive
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

how big of a spacer should i go with if i run 245/45-17's on the rear? im dropped to a finger gap
Old 01-26-08, 10:13 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

i think Adam2562 is running spacers on stock wheels if i remember...

tony
Old 01-26-08, 03:04 PM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

for those of you wondering.. i tried out the 25mm spacer on the front with my stock 17s and 235/45/17 tires lowered all the way down on tein cs v2...to put the guessing games to bed, there are zero rubbing issues even with a full hard turn in either direction.. no fender shaving required. inner tabs and fender lining is slightly bent in/up to accommodate the other wheel setup but i dont think it has any effect on this. i have pics ill post up of clearance eventually for reference, but i didnt leave them on the front because they make the wheel stick out slightly farther then the rear with the same 25mm so it didnt look right...

the whole point of trying this out was just to see if i could get away with bolting spacers onto all four corners that came with the studs built in. if it worked cool, if not, doesnt really matter.. its just for when i drive the car occasionally in the winter from here to there, cant stand the stock sunk in look even for 2 miles of driving, its disgusting. i didnt want to be replacing studs for smaller spacers in the front because when the 20s go back on i didnt want to be running into issues with the new studs being too long and having to waste more time putting the regular ones back in beforehand... point for point the hr 25mm is the easiest least time consuming spacer available (that i know of) solely because it comes with the studs built in.. its just not worth the effort for the amount of time i drive the car in the winter months to be doing anything more then bolting the spacer/stud setup on right before the 17s..anything involving more then that and it becomes excessively pointless considering its basically just a "winter mod"

i need to stop rambling so ill just put one more thing out there.. are there any other companies that sell a hubcentric 30mm with the studs built in that i could use for the rear? is more then 25 even safe?

Last edited by upstateGS4; 01-26-08 at 04:11 PM.
Old 01-26-08, 03:05 PM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by wowitztai
where can i find pics of 25mm on the rear with 20's?
i dont know that youre necessarily going to find that.. the purpose of the huge 25mm spacer for a stock wheel is because the factory has such a horrible offset.. usually when people upgrade to a larger/non-oem wheel they buy an offset that is going to sit more to their liking without the need for additional spacers.
Old 01-26-08, 04:31 PM
wowitztai
Lexus Champion

anyone wanna post some pictures up of what they look like on the car? if you can takes.
Old 01-26-08, 06:11 PM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by wowitztai
anyone wanna post some pictures up of what they look like on the car? if you can takes.

of what which looks like? 25mm with stock 17s or with 20s? there are tons of posts/pics with the 25mm/17s in this forum (do a quick search h&r spacer in the 2gs section) but like i said i doubt you are going to find anything like that with a 20.
Old 01-26-08, 10:23 PM
wowitztai
Lexus Champion

I thought so..worth a try.. thanks

Quick Reply: any pics with 25mm H&R spacers on all four corners with stock wheels?