GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

My Custom Carbon Tag

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-08, 06:24 PM
iNS0MNiAC
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by carbongs
soon to come my friend. soon...
You mean you are going to somehow flatten out the vent in your hood and paint it, along with painting your new "carbon" trunk, get new grille, get some wheels that sit flush and fix your stance???

I mean dont get me wrong I'm not trying to attack you in any way. You car is very nice and you obviously put a lot of care, time and money. But it is miles away from VIP styling. You would have to reverse so many of the things you've done
Old 01-07-08, 06:44 PM
carbongs
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

thanks again everyone for your comments. I know I am in way over my head right now with trying to integrate vip styling into my car and I may or may not fail. but as some of you have said, as long as I am happy with the outcome that is all that matters. I can count on CL members to guide me along the way and no, I don't take any comments as attacks. i've got a lot to ponder. I like the way my wheels fit with the minute negative camber in the rear. i'd love to go lower which the coilovers are capable of but there's no way to get around that low. air ride is not in the budget right now. maybe I will continue with the street category but I am destined to go vip in the future. maybe the tag can represent where I am now and where i'm going in the future?... we'll see how things go this year. i'm just excited to be out there showing again after the off season and have my car up and running (even though it is in the shop again for a few days).
Old 01-07-08, 07:07 PM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

How about purchasing a JDM style license plates and using genuine carbon fiber plate frames. I think it would go great with your theme. I wanted to do a C/f roof some time ago, but I am no longer modding the GS. Love what you have done so far

Here is a JDM plate that you can order that would look great.

Here is a genuine c/f plate frame. I have a pair on my GS now to go with my TRD c/f emblem & Toms c/f garnishes.

Old 01-07-08, 07:24 PM
carbongs
Lexus Champion

wow great ideas. thanks. I am doing my roof around june or so. I can't wait! thanks for your kind words and cool ideas.

Originally Posted by DASHOCKER
How about purchasing a JDM style license plates and using genuine carbon fiber plate frames. I think it would go great with your theme. I wanted to do a C/f roof some time ago, but I am no longer modding the GS. Love what you have done so far

Here is a JDM plate that you can order that would look great.

Here is a genuine c/f plate frame. I have a pair on my GS now to go with my TRD c/f emblem & Toms c/f garnishes.

Old 01-07-08, 08:52 PM
jecko714
Lead Lap

ill be waiting for outcome...good luck
Old 01-07-08, 09:19 PM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Old 01-07-08, 09:43 PM
carbongs
Lexus Champion

thanks guys! i'll keep doing research and try to make you proud
Old 01-07-08, 10:39 PM
tuddy
Negative Nancy

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Leave the guy alone geez..Your car is coming alone nicely and I always enjoy seeing your new upgrades..Like many have said your style is really your own keep it up
Old 01-07-08, 10:41 PM
VipDout
19x11.5 -51

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It looks like its for a honda ... kinda cheesie .. and the T is little crooked ?

more additions under the scope when you post it up
Old 01-08-08, 02:46 AM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

My style isn't VIP at all. I'm in it to build a crazy fast 4 door sedan that's faster than my soon to be second car 07' M5. For me a 20" rim isn't gonna work since those wheels will get trashed in a day the way I drive lol. Instead of spending $5-6k on a body kit. I'll put that money towards some nice shiny HKS parts for the motor I won't spend the money for an air suspension either because the handling is going to be worse than a set of good coils.

This is my style, the very opposite spectrum from VIP. But for some strange reason everyone always says it's VIP lol.

Most noobs that don't really know much about modding think any luxury car with aftermarket big wheels(18"+ lol) is VIP. Hell, I've been to a car show before where someone claimed their Scion XB to be VIP...it was bone stock besides a set of 18's. I've seen people claim their cars are VIP with Civics and Hyundai's as well. Doesn't a VIP car have to be a certain price range to qualify in the first place and not just the modding style?

Anyways...what I'm trying to say is go your own style. Seems like you're more into the tuner style like me. If people are calling your car VIP, you don't have to change your style...unless that's something you just really want to do. Keep with what you like most
Old 01-08-08, 05:01 AM
carbongs
Lexus Champion

thanks guys. what a great way to start the day
Old 01-08-08, 06:28 AM
masboy
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

gotta say....it's cool to see you take constructive criticism, carbongs some people can't take it. respect

can't wait to see the result...
Old 01-08-08, 06:42 AM
carbongs
Lexus Champion

thanks masboy. i think life is one huge lesson. it is always good to learn from others, then again that is my dad's and the teachings of my religion. i'll see what comes of this idea, but as of right now it doesn't seem like i will be able to reach the particular goal i was aspiring for. i may go a completely different route. jeff said it best, i am a huge fan of the tuner style of modding while trying to keep the luxury aspect alive. we'll see...
Old 01-08-08, 08:36 AM
veritek
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't care what everyone else says, I like it!! Turned out great.
Old 01-08-08, 08:43 AM
skeoripper
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow... some of these guys are rough... im not a modder at all besides wheels but I like your car and the spin your putting on it. its very original and if you want a STREET-VIP plate go for it...its your car you can do what you want to it....

Quick Reply: My Custom Carbon Tag