GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Tough decision to make about my baby

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-08, 08:09 AM
MikeyK02
Instructor

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by masboy
MikeyK02, I'm feelin' you brother...feelin' you. I'm quite similar in the same boat as you are right now. I decided to let my GS go soon, family always comes first. you can change car as many as you want, but family can't be changed.

think this way, if you do a huge favor to your family (mom), GOD will pay you back TWICE...even more if you're lucky. Do it willingly, and you'll be surprise how GOD will pay you back someday.

Once Michael Jordan said

Don't walk away, don't drive away from this situation. Face it, and you will become a different person after it's all said and done.

Wish you the best of luck MikeyK02. Let GS go and think positive, you might get IS-F sometimes next 2 year. Hey....you never know
Thanks man. I wish the same for you. I'm scheduled to go in and test drive a used Honda Accord on Friday...

At least I'll be able to enjoy the GS for a few more days
Old 01-17-08, 08:28 AM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

you're a good boy...your mom has made more harder sacrafices for you...I'm sure you'll be ok without a GS for awhile. on helping your mom
Old 01-17-08, 08:35 AM
TruPlaya26
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

hey man, you said you have some mods on the GS right? well try and sell those and see how much cash you can come up with ... also why don't you consider taking out a loan in YOUR name to help your mother out, and at the same time you can keep the car since I understand how you feel about working hard to finally buy something on your own. Right now I'm only 19 turning 20 in 2 months, and my parents bought me my first car which was a '94 ES300 about 2 years ago and I loved it but it wasn't so much of a big deal to me as when I bought my GS on my own, it was a HUGE deal and I take care of this car like it was my baby ... so I know EXACTLY how you feel, now i will say that if there is no other way to help her than selling your car then that's just something you have to do for your family because I'm sure if the situation was flipped your mother would do the same for you ... Good luck man I hope you can find a solution
Old 01-17-08, 08:40 AM
aristo2369
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by MikeyK02
Hello my fellow GS driving/owning/admiring brother and sisteren.

Today, I got a call and I have to make one of the toughest decisions ever. Do I sell my baby (that I have worked SO hard for) in order to help my mother with saving her house, or do I try to find other means of helping her get the money?

Obviously I am going to help her either way, but should it have to come down to my baby? I've only owned her for 5 months, just started to make her my own and mod it, and now I'm faced with selling her, just to help out.

Have any of you ever been faced with a decision like this?
well, why is the house at risk? well, i work for a bank and have connections just in case. PM the situation, maybe i can help you save your car and can save the house.just let me know the details...
Old 01-17-08, 08:42 AM
MikeyK02
Instructor

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

I had JUST started to order stuff for it. And as far as a loan, I've already taken out a 7,000 loan in my name for her just last month. So I dont think they'll be willing to do another. I'm just biting the bullet and keep moving forward. I love my car, but I love my mom a hell of a lot more

Originally Posted by speedaddic
you're a good boy...your mom has made more harder sacrafices for you...I'm sure you'll be ok without a GS for awhile. on helping your mom
Thanks mang. Yeah, I'm getting more comfortable with it. It is going to be the biggest change going from soft saddle interior, to cloth seats
Old 01-17-08, 09:32 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

The car is just a materal thing. Help your mother bro.. trust me.. GL... and keep us posted..
Old 01-17-08, 09:55 AM
werewolf
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

To answer your question, consider what your options are to get the 7K besides selling the car

Can you
1) get a personal loan at a decent interest rate?
2) refinance against an asset you can collaterize (HELOC, lines of credit)?

If the answer is no, then you don't have many options.

Just make sure this fixes the problem. It would be a shame to have to pony up again after the 7K

Good luck
Old 01-17-08, 01:55 PM
Answer300
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 49 Posts

heres some food for thought. when you are thrown a situation in life, there is only one person able to guide you through and that is GOD! if your heart is true and your faith is in HIM, then he will take care of the rest. trust in GOD to aid you and your mother during this difficult time. GOD does not leave his children; but you must have faith and believe in that. only then will you see that your troubles are hurdles which cant stop you

tommy
Old 01-17-08, 02:04 PM
Caoboy
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm sorry, god is not going to hand the money over, and be like 'here, you need this'.

Sell the car man, it is just a car.
Old 01-17-08, 02:12 PM
VipDout
19x11.5 -51

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by werewolf
To answer your question, consider what your options are to get the 7K besides selling the car

Can you
1) get a personal loan at a decent interest rate?
2) refinance against an asset you can collaterize (HELOC, lines of credit)?

If the answer is no, then you don't have many options.

Just make sure this fixes the problem. It would be a shame to have to pony up again after the 7K

Good luck
Best idea is to sell the car or get a line of credit in his name ...

With a 500-550 fice score she wont be able to do much ... also I have a place doing great loans up to 125 cltv of the value of the property but your fico scored needs to be a 640 and has to be in california ..

Best of luck and as the year goes by and I know karma ia a good thing bro

James
Old 01-17-08, 02:16 PM
aristo2369
Lead Lap

Default givin up the gs

I would say to go to annualcreditreport.com its a free service,see if all the infomation is correct. dispute any bad information on the credit reports and maybe the credit score can go up a little. I know you can get a loan above 80ltv just have to pay MI but the credit would be a big factor when equity on the property is low. Interest rate on adjustables loan are going to go down but i dont know what rate the current loan has.
Old 01-17-08, 02:23 PM
Answer300
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Caoboy
I'm sorry, god is not going to hand the money over, and be like 'here, you need this'.

Sell the car man, it is just a car.
with that type of mentality, you will lose everything you have. because GOD gave you things for temporary enjoyment. its a shame that you say something like that when he gives you breath everyday.

MikeyK02 - i hope you really take into consideration in what im telling you. prayer changes everything.
Old 01-17-08, 02:31 PM
beermaster
Driver School Candidate

sell it man, cars come and go, don't worry too much.
Old 01-17-08, 02:37 PM
ReLexin
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sell the car and help your family. What goes around comes around.
Old 01-17-08, 02:37 PM
beermaster
Driver School Candidate

MikeyK02 - i hope you really take into consideration in what im telling you. prayer changes everything.[/QUOTE]

That is also true prayers do change things, but you have to also obey!

Quick Reply: Tough decision to make about my baby