GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

its been a long time...[new pics]

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-08, 01:43 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Hey Jonathan. Glad to see you still poke your head in every once in awhile. I have not see your car in awhile. I like the changes, although I may not agree with all of them. Like a few others, I like the dress shoes better.

I am also very happy to see you are getting high visibility projects. The risk you took in going back to school seems to be paying off. for you.
Old 01-22-08, 08:18 AM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Car brings on a bit of early year 2k (even late 90's) styling with those lights and the two tone hood. It reminds me of a friend's honda that use to win all kinds of shows. I do love the 3rd brake light on the roof spoiler but wished you painted it black along with the trunk spoiler.
Old 01-22-08, 08:45 AM
jawnthen
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GS400RcrX
Wow..... I'm sorry, but I have to say this.

1 out of a 10, I give this a 2. I like the over all detailing, however there's TOOOOOOO MUCH of a good thing on here.

Things you NEED to get rid off.

Smoked LEDs - Put in some OEM 01+ 2nd gen Tail lights. It'll look 10x better!
Black Top of your trunk - WTF is that??
Black Roof - Wtf??

Stop using ebay!!!!!

I'm sorry, but nice try. This is a LEXUS. Not a Civic.

Not trying to hate, just trying to save you from wasting more of your money on meaningless crap.
Hey look an apologetic hater, but I’m not surprised. There seems to be more and more kids like you on these forums lately. Son, I was on these forums before you even had a driver’s license and while you’re entitled to your opinion, you delivery definitely lacks tact. The funny thing is I kinda understand where your hate is coming from, but if you think that driving a Lexus makes you any better than someone who drives a Civic, you got a lot more to learn about life. In the immortal words of one….
Old 01-22-08, 09:09 AM
jawnthen
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by D2-AUTOSPORT
Wow, a BLAST from the PAST! My old fellow Dronnel brother! Lol

Car looks sweet man, love the mods and it looks sick with the "dress shoes" lol
wassup derrick...yeah i know old school dronells. Remember when 5 or more members were rockin' these wheels. anyways, its good to see your business taking off here cuz I remember when you were just starting out as a vendor. keep up the good work and provide these kids with some "dress shoes" for the prom.
Old 01-22-08, 09:31 AM
Wringo
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default "It's been a long time...."

Man, I remember when I first joined CL, seeing your car on the boards and all of a sudden you disappear? It's good to see you back and I hope all is well. The car is looking good. I wanted to see this color combo with the two tone look and you answered my questions?Keep up the good work!
Old 01-22-08, 09:37 AM
tofu_house
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by jawnthen
Hey look an apologetic hater, but I’m not surprised. There seems to be more and more kids like you on these forums lately. Son, I was on these forums before you even had a driver’s license and while you’re entitled to your opinion, you delivery definitely lacks tact. The funny thing is I kinda understand where your hate is coming from, but if you think that driving a Lexus makes you any better than someone who drives a Civic, you got a lot more to learn about life. In the immortal words of one….

If I remember correctly, I think I saw him looking for tinted tails in the classifieds.
Old 01-22-08, 10:20 AM
jawnthen
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Spyder78
I love the black roof I looks like its done cleanly. My question is what did u use for the 3rd brake light under your roof spoiler?
The 3rd brake light was from spoilerlights.com. A dremel, some bondo, aluminum foil, and a lot of sanding. Sorry I lost all the DIY pics when my hard drive crashed.
Old 01-22-08, 10:23 AM
jawnthen
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Rock-a-Lex
I like....don't listen to any negative comments. The ONLY thing I would change would be the wheels...to a nice set of high polish, staggered, deep dish 3-pc wheels (= or < 19"). I would add more performance mods too. Good job though...
Yeah I’d really like to get a deep lip set for the wheels, but it’s hard to get any wheels that are lighter than these volks. I really feel the difference when I change from the 20s to the 18s. Since the car looks aggressive, I’m gonna need to back that up under the hood…don’t worry something’s in the works
Old 01-22-08, 10:30 AM
jawnthen
Lead Lap

I wanted to say thanks for everyone's comments. Its good to know that while we won't entirely agree on everything, this forum still has stand up members new and old, who can come here and discuss topics on our cars with an open mind. If we all thought the same way, all our cars would look the same and that's no fun.
Old 01-22-08, 11:24 AM
Rock-a-Lex
Lead Lap

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by jawnthen
I wanted to say thanks for everyone's comments. Its good to know that while we won't entirely agree on everything, this forum still has stand up members new and old, who can come here and discuss topics on our cars with an open mind. If we all thought the same way, all our cars would look the same and that's no fun.
+1...nice comment!
Old 01-22-08, 11:37 AM
V8_Aristo
Bippu

Funny how I think this is the first thread I've seen you post since I got here.

Glad to see the additions to your ride since I last saw it.
Old 01-22-08, 11:43 AM
lightwave76
Lexus Test Driver

Jonathan the car looks great. Think it's time to round up all the norcal GS's for a shoot.
Old 01-22-08, 11:44 AM
BC-GS430
Lexus Test Driver

Looking good!!
Old 01-22-08, 05:48 PM
GS3Tek
Forum Moderator

Received 168 Likes on 127 Posts

Lookin good jawnthen
The tail looks good b/c of your silver/black theme-you pulled it off goodly

Thank you for this shot. I've been meaning to request this in photoshop.
The other person who had the lower black valence was socalsc4, but I think his was CF on the RMM bumper.
Attached Thumbnails its been a long time...[new pics]-nightshot_02.jpg  
Old 01-22-08, 06:02 PM
SoCalSC4
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Too bad about the haters; I suppose everyone has an opinion (etc.)

Kudos for taking a chance and creating something original!

I like the bigger wheels better, but wheels are my thing...

My only comment would be... use a little 'pimp juice' on the tires.

Quick Reply: its been a long time...[new pics]