GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

fancy front fenders (prussian blue sport)

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-08, 12:07 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default fancy front fenders (prussian blue sport)

have any of you guys put on fancy front fenders? for example prusian blue makes some sport ones for like 3 g's but i have noticed that you can buy the fancy fender cutout pieces separately that look like little vents or slots or whatever and usually have some little grille pieces inside to make it look nice. i was just curious if anyone actually bought the prussian blue ones or had made some on their own??? i know this is really popular in japan but i haven't noticed it much in the states. just looking for a reason to give it a try myself? any idea what a shop would charge for the install of 2 of these pieces and paint? it would probably require something like; cutting, molding, sanding, and painting...+ putting them on your car.

~bbr
Old 01-24-08, 12:54 PM
TruPlaya26
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well I've seen some that they sell on www.l-tunedparts.com but i'm not sure if its Prussian Blue, but I do know that they cost around $2500 so I'll be staying away from those ... Not sure how much a shop charges to put seperate ones on but I'm sure it's the cheaper option ... good luck, post some pics when you come to a decision
Old 01-24-08, 01:20 PM
Ay-nako
Stop the Copy!

Received 115 Likes on 54 Posts

yeah ive always wanted a set of custom front fenders!
Old 01-24-08, 01:28 PM
HybrdArsto
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think there was a member on here a while back that purchased an actual set of Prussian Blue fenders. From what I remember, he wasn't too happy with the quality.
Old 01-24-08, 08:55 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by sojah
have any of you guys put on fancy front fenders? for example prusian blue makes some sport ones for like 3 g's but i have noticed that you can buy the fancy fender cutout pieces separately that look like little vents or slots or whatever and usually have some little grille pieces inside to make it look nice. i was just curious if anyone actually bought the prussian blue ones or had made some on their own??? i know this is really popular in japan but i haven't noticed it much in the states. just looking for a reason to give it a try myself? any idea what a shop would charge for the install of 2 of these pieces and paint? it would probably require something like; cutting, molding, sanding, and painting...+ putting them on your car.

~bbr

Welcom to CL. As us OG's always say SEARCH, SEARCH, SEARCH !

Plenty of posts on this one. Use Keyword "Prussian" and search the "GS Forum" and you will find pics such as this:

Old 01-25-08, 12:01 AM
TAMR_GUS98
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by HybrdArsto
I think there was a member on here a while back that purchased an actual set of Prussian Blue fenders. From what I remember, he wasn't too happy with the quality.

Yeah, his sn was TKracing. He was not happy because he found out when he recieved them that they were just toyota fenders modded with the grills. He told me his body shop could have done something like that for alot less money. Here are some pics of his car. Btw, he no longer owns this car.

Old 01-25-08, 04:58 AM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

i think they are ugly and they take away from the look of the car
Old 01-25-08, 06:10 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by TAMR_GUS98
Yeah, his sn was TKracing. He was not happy because he found out when he recieved them that they were just toyota fenders modded with the grills.
Bad news Tamr_gus98... THIS IS A TOYOTA!! these fenders even the prussian blue ones are just toyota fenders... and yes they are just modded with the grill cutout vent things. thanks for the welcome note and for the nice pics.. i think the fenders look nice but i have seen many, many, nicer ones in japan and various japanese vip car mags.. it really makes me want to put a set together, but i'm lazy, work to much, and am too stingy with money for my car lately. i will see about getting some links to some sites in japan on this forum but the pages are in japanese and some don't ship to the states the ones that do charge a lot... i have seen about 3 different sites that sell these vent slotted grill pieces separately for between 150-350 and the fenders you can buy here in the states from lexus, or from japan (but they are toyota,, hmmmm...).

What do you guys think? It would be about a third 1/3 the price of these prussian blue ones and some look much nicer. they also sell the pieces for body kits as well. i have seen some nice ones in the back of the side body kit pieces.

~bbr
Old 01-25-08, 07:02 AM
TruPlaya26
Lexus Champion

If you are going for a sporty look then i say ... If you are going for more of a VIP look then I say
Old 01-25-08, 07:42 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by TruPlaya26
If you are going for a sporty look then i say ... If you are going for more of a VIP look then I say
HMMM... I am not saying that I follow trends, well maybe a little but it seems to me that all the cover cars (aristos that is) or ones that have big spreads in the V.I.P. car mags, the ones they call completed or finished almost always (like 90%) have either the fender ones, or at least ones in the side ground effects or rarely in the side of the rear bumbers... I think the different colored hoods or racing scoops in carbon fiber hoods is a definite no no when it comes to vip, cuz that might as well be on an mitsubishi or honda (in my opinion). But body kits with clean lines and a cut out or two screened in, or fenders with such things look pretty VIP to me. I think you may be imagining such vehicles like civics, integras, and eclipses when you think of these, but i think if you saw (you may have already) some nice lexus's or infiniti sedans with these additions that you would think they are a little more vip. just guessing.

what do you think?

~bbr
Old 01-25-08, 08:06 AM
carbongs
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TAMR_GUS98
Yeah, his sn was TKracing. He was not happy because he found out when he recieved them that they were just toyota fenders modded with the grills. He told me his body shop could have done something like that for alot less money. Here are some pics of his car. Btw, he no longer owns this car.

B-E-A-UTIFUL car!
Old 01-25-08, 09:29 AM
TruPlaya26
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by sojah
HMMM... I am not saying that I follow trends, well maybe a little but it seems to me that all the cover cars (aristos that is) or ones that have big spreads in the V.I.P. car mags, the ones they call completed or finished almost always (like 90%) have either the fender ones, or at least ones in the side ground effects or rarely in the side of the rear bumbers... I think the different colored hoods or racing scoops in carbon fiber hoods is a definite no no when it comes to vip, cuz that might as well be on an mitsubishi or honda (in my opinion). But body kits with clean lines and a cut out or two screened in, or fenders with such things look pretty VIP to me. I think you may be imagining such vehicles like civics, integras, and eclipses when you think of these, but i think if you saw (you may have already) some nice lexus's or infiniti sedans with these additions that you would think they are a little more vip. just guessing.

what do you think?

~bbr
If you want some fenders that look VIP I'd say you're going to have to have some custom made cuz all the ones I've seen look sport/street to me ... A VIP GS with these on just doesn't look right to me, but on a street styled GS it flows well ...

I've seen one VIP GS that had custom fenders and it looked great, it was extremely well done and pretty subtle, but like i said it was completely custom.

But hey man you do what you want, it's your car, don't let anyone's opinion change your mind about what you do to it ...

I personally love the way VIP looks but would not do it to my car, I like the street look better and will slowly be modding it as such ... good luck man
Old 01-25-08, 11:46 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

tru playa i definitely agree with you that these look more street racerish and i also agree that there are some nice custom vipish ones out there as well.

is there much vip style down there in miami?? i don't really get out that much lately but i haven't seen too many in the dc baltimore suburb areas. i've seen some mafia looking mercedes in dc but its hard to tell if they just bought em like that or actually took the time to make it like that.

my goal is to make my gs a little more go than show and get an ls430 here in the next year or two and make that just an all out vip sedan. but its hard to not keep putting my heavy *** lowenharts back on after each winter. i need to get some lighter sportier rims and suspension for my gs and keep these chrome monsters for an ls.

~bbr
Old 01-25-08, 11:50 AM
TruPlaya26
Lexus Champion

I haven't seen too many VIP ANYTHING down here honestly ... I see ALOT of racer/ricer cars though, but then again it might just be my area ... I live in South Miami, closer to Miami Beach is where you see all the VIP and exotic cars, The beach is where all the $$$$ lives ...
Old 01-25-08, 01:46 PM
SoCalSC4
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I like the PB fenders, but went a different direction with mine.

These are all metal, based off of the OE Lexus fenders.

Also stretched & pulled...

Quick Reply: fancy front fenders (prussian blue sport)