GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

hid xenon bulbs

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-08, 06:52 PM
chrispy

Received 79 Likes on 37 Posts

I think you need to get on HIDplanet and do some research. High beam is supposed to cause glare because it's, well, a high beam. HID just makes it worse/better depending how you look at it.
Old 01-30-08, 06:57 PM
DarKnight
Lexus Champion

Received 52 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by chrispy
I think you need to get on HIDplanet and do some research. High beam is supposed to cause glare because it's, well, a high beam. HID just makes it worse/better depending how you look at it.
Yea better for you but worse for oncoming traffic and anyone in front of you.
Old 01-30-08, 07:00 PM
AYEmike
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DarKnight
Yea better for you but worse for oncoming traffic and anyone in front of you.

LOLLLLLLL ... k thx guys :]
Old 01-31-08, 01:21 PM
L3XOTIC
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

PICTURE TIME

This is MY car. Wheter i get flamed or not. The camera makes it worst then what it really is. The light is scattered. Ive had it over an year, no tickets, no people flipping me off, nothing. Ive seen my car coming towards me AND following me. Its not bad at all. Infact my wifes e46 325ci blinds you more cause the projectors. Just aim it down a tadbit, youll get good light output and it wont be as bad as its said to be. I pulled the trigger after researching it.

6000K low beams. 3000K foglights

Old 01-31-08, 03:42 PM
AYEmike
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by LXXTASY
PICTURE TIME

This is MY car. Wheter i get flamed or not. The camera makes it worst then what it really is. The light is scattered. Ive had it over an year, no tickets, no people flipping me off, nothing. Ive seen my car coming towards me AND following me. Its not bad at all. Infact my wifes e46 325ci blinds you more cause the projectors. Just aim it down a tadbit, youll get good light output and it wont be as bad as its said to be. I pulled the trigger after researching it.

6000K low beams. 3000K foglights

oh so you hafta point them down a bit?
and have you ever fried your wires, how many watts does it output?
and is the high beam 6000k too or are they 8500k?
Old 01-31-08, 04:27 PM
DarKnight
Lexus Champion

Received 52 Likes on 38 Posts

He's most likely running the 35w kit so there's less of a chance that the wires will get fried. Those are the parking lights in the highbeam bowl, it's not the actual highbeam, it's probably a Polarg M6 bulb.
Old 01-31-08, 04:31 PM
PushinLEX
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by fuzionn
haha i hope so, well i got 5000k for high beam and low beam

and one 6000k yellow for fog,
wow, thats an ungodly amount of unnecessary light. i like your style though.
Old 01-31-08, 04:53 PM
L3XOTIC
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by DarKnight
He's most likely running the 35w kit so there's less of a chance that the wires will get fried. Those are the parking lights in the highbeam bowl, it's not the actual highbeam, it's probably a Polarg M6 bulb.
exactly. The lowbeams are 6000K
Old 01-31-08, 05:45 PM
AYEmike
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by LXXTASY
exactly. The lowbeams are 6000K
are yours plug and play ?
the ones i order are 80w O_O .
im probably gonna get new ones, bought on ebay
and whats betters 3000k or 3500k? for fog
Old 01-31-08, 05:48 PM
L3XOTIC
Lexus Champion

mine were plug and play. Both are Prolumen Brand. 3000K fogs are good. and 6000K lowbeams/highbeams.
Old 01-31-08, 05:54 PM
Instructor

If you wanna see the difference of the glare and retrofit, go to intellexual.net and look at the HID tutorial... that is if you are not distracted by the girl on the orange SC.
Old 01-31-08, 06:22 PM
AYEmike
Lexus Champion

what are some good xenon hid bulb brand ? o_o
Old 01-31-08, 06:23 PM
Instructor

Philips, Mc Culloch, Hella, PIAA...
Old 02-01-08, 12:05 AM
AYEmike
Lexus Champion

lxxtasy, do you have ballast with them or no
Old 02-01-08, 09:52 AM
Blue400
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mc Culloch has not been making HID kits for a long time

Do the research on HID kits to find out the truth about the HID kits of today

McCulloch Kits - THE TRUTH!
I was in a forum the other day, and I saw where a company got pretty defensive regarding McCulloch kits and their reliability and reputability. So I did some research... and this might alarm you!

I went to McCulloch's website (www.mccullochpower.com) to check the specs on their kits. It's funny... they don't even advertise or market HID kits. So being the curious person I am, I delved in a bit further. I came across their corporate website (www.mcc.mtdproducts.com) and guess what? They don't advertise those kits either!

I came to find that the corporation which owns McCulloch, is Jenn Feng Industrial Co, Ltd. (www.jennfeng.com)
It just so happens that Jenn Feng is based in Taiwan. I went ahead and shot them an email, asking if they still sell, develop, or manufacture McCulloch kits. The answer? NO!

Take a look for yourself. I posted the e-mail below for your reading pleasure...
>EMAIL BEGIN<
Dear Mr. Jay Patterson,

Greetings!!

Thank you for the recent inquiry!!

Please allow me to explain myself, my name is Kai Jong, and I'm contacting you on behalf of KTO Technology in Taiwan. We are a manufacture of HID discharge lighting systems in Taiwan. We manufacture high kelvin lamps and a very extensive line of ballasts. All the products are manufacture in Taiwan by KTO Technology, from burners to D1 ~D2 ballasts. We were outsourced by Jenn Feng Corp to develop some smaller lighting solutions.

a. Questions about McCulloch Kits
Well, to sum things up, McCulloch is a brand that we use to market the North America market, but due to DOT legality issues we stopped selling any HID related goods under the brand of McCulloch in USA. McCulloch Motors had agreed and committed with FMVSS regarding the importing of HID related goods. McCulloch Motors North America only sells lawn & garden products / power equipments now. There are still some dealers in the USA who's selling the kits under the name of McCulloch, but it's mostly products from overseas such as Hong Kong and are not genuine McCulloch Motors products.

Thank you once again for your valuable time!

Best Regards
Kai Jong

KTO Technology/ Sales Representative
TEL:886-3-4900568#123
FAX:886-3-4904330
www.kto.com.tw
kai@kto.com.twThis e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it
>END EMAIL<

So, it looks like KTO, which is a branch of Jenn Feng, was developing the HID kits in the past. Looks like those McCulloch kits you see being sold aren't so genuine! Just for the heck of it, I called up McCulloch's Warranty Dept here in the USA. They haven't got a clue about McCulloch automotive lighting!
As you can see from the email, the McCulloch kits being sold are NOT genuine McCulloch. Sorry folks, McCulloch only sells lawn equipment and power tools

Last edited by Blue400; 02-01-08 at 09:59 AM.

Quick Reply: hid xenon bulbs