GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

wheel spacers

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-08, 07:19 PM
dbox
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wheel spacers

I'm about to order a set of MMR HR3's. They are 20x9.5 in the rear...i wanted a 10'' rear wheel. I've seen pictures of the HR3 on the GS and it looks like the back wheel sits a little too ''in'' for me. For any of you that have used spacers what size should i be looking for?

Thanks
Old 01-31-08, 08:14 PM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

all depends on your offset of the wheel
Old 01-31-08, 08:28 PM
Kuroikaze
Pole Position

Originally Posted by speedaddic
Don't forget tire size. Also, if you drop the car then you might want to consider that as well.
Old 01-31-08, 10:24 PM
V8_Aristo
Bippu

Another factor will be you willingness to shave or roll the fenders.
Old 01-31-08, 11:01 PM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by speedaddic

exactly. just order the correct offsets for what you want and you wont have to be dumping more money on spacers.
Old 02-01-08, 10:36 AM
dbox
Driver

It seems like 38 would be the offset for the bolt pattern that would go with the GS.

The thread about the ebay car is what started my concern. In those shots the rear wheels sit way too far in. I've rolled fenders in the past so that's no problem. i just wondered if i could get an idea on spacer size. i guess I'll order a few and try em out.

Thanks for the help
Old 02-01-08, 11:59 AM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by dbox
It seems like 38 would be the offset for the bolt pattern that would go with the GS.

The thread about the ebay car is what started my concern. In those shots the rear wheels sit way too far in. I've rolled fenders in the past so that's no problem. i just wondered if i could get an idea on spacer size. i guess I'll order a few and try em out.

Thanks for the help

like i said, why buy spacers if you dont need them and havent ordered the wheels yet? the offset/bolt pattern issue you brought up doesnt really make sense unless you mean they only have ONE offset available with gs lug fitment (that seems weird). you're ordering the correct bolt pattern for your gs, 5x114.3, then you make sure the wheels are being ordered with the correct offset so you dont need spacers. 38 isnt very aggressive for a gs but that offset also wouldnt leave the wheels really sunk in or looking that bad. if that offset is your only available choice and the price is right, then yeah, slap some spacers on, but there are things to take into consideration like people have already mentioned. if you tell anyone here where you actually want the wheels to be sitting in relation to the fender, along with what tire size youll be running and how low your car is, people will be able to better inform you of what to buy. spacers arent a requirement to be making your wheels flush. they are usually an afterthought for people that decide they want their wheels sitting out further then they originally thought they wanted them to, or when the wheels you want simply arent offered in the offset you require. dont go "ordering a few different sets spacers and trying them out"... depending on what brand you get along with what size you think you will be running, you may or may not also be swapping out studs every time as well. its an avoidable headache.

lastly, whoever your buying these wheels from (im pretty sure we have a vendor here on the forum that sells this brand) should be able to guide you through the ordering process and should have no problem helping you decide on the proper offsets based on what look youre going for.

there is literally a TON of information to be found in here about wheel fitment that can be had with a 2 second search.

Last edited by upstateGS4; 02-01-08 at 12:38 PM.
Old 02-01-08, 12:15 PM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

just looked around a little bit, if you meant MRR HR3's, d2autosport (forum sponsor) carries that line (http://www.d2autosport.com/D2_2006/0...wheels_mrr.htm) the dudes over there are crazy helpful and will be more then happy to answer any questions you might have to help you decide, call em: 877-361-0296 Ext 5