GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

CL Builds Friendships

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-08, 11:32 AM
Automan
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default CL Builds Friendships

I was sitting here during lunch looking through some event coverage from a few of the shows that I went to last year and I ran across some other Club Lexus members cars. The best part was I was actually able to meet all three owners and they are such class guys. I just wanted to share the pics I found and give these guys and their cars the props that are well deserved.

I would also like to mention DaveGS4, CarbonGS and Veritek. Most of you know Dave as he is the man on CL but what a wonderful guy. I met him at Lexfest and also at HIN Charlotte he is a standup guy and i thank him for all that he has done to make this forum what it is. CarbonGS and Veritek are teammates from Elite who I have more contact with than anyone on here but both are great guys. If someone was to walk into a room and see us hanging out they would have a hard time trying to figure out what our common bond is but I wanted to recognize them as well. Who have you met that has made an impact on your life through CL?

Ok here we go....
Paul Tolson I know some of you don't like Paul's GS and our car's have been called the most "overdone" cars on CL. but you have to respect the time, money and creativity that went into his build. Also you would have a hard time finding a more decorated GS. I met Paul at HIN DC in 2006 and he is a really great guy.
Attached Thumbnails CL Builds Friendships-tolsongs2.jpg  
Old 02-01-08, 11:33 AM
Automan
Lexus Test Driver

Pauls engine bay.... WOW
Attached Thumbnails CL Builds Friendships-tolsongs1.jpg  
Old 02-01-08, 11:35 AM
Automan
Lexus Test Driver

DCMANGO
After studying his GS build on CL for weeks I got a chance to meet DCMango at HIN Tampa last year. Though our contact was not that long he took the time to answer any questions I had and show me around his awesome GS.
Attached Thumbnails CL Builds Friendships-dcmango1.jpg  
Old 02-01-08, 11:36 AM
Automan
Lexus Test Driver

DCMango's engine!! I already used wow so we will go with OH MY GOD!!
Attached Thumbnails CL Builds Friendships-dcmango2.jpg  
Old 02-01-08, 11:42 AM
Automan
Lexus Test Driver

Adrian aka Bluelex... Adrian in a legend here on CL and most people know his car from any angle on sight. I had heard many things about Adrian and he had taken the time to answer many of my questions and posts well before I actually met him. I was pretty disapponted when he did not make it to Lexfest back in 2006 but I finally met him last year at HIN Tampa. The pics do not do the car justice and I was really careful to wipe all of the drool off of the car when I was done "admiring" it. We then had the chance to meet again at HIN Charlotte and the guy is just cool. Adrian's GS is an inspiration to us all but the man is just as cool as the car. Thanks for all your help on my project Adrian.
Attached Thumbnails CL Builds Friendships-bluelex1.jpg  
Old 02-01-08, 11:42 AM
Automan
Lexus Test Driver

If I sell my house maybe I can do this!!
Attached Thumbnails CL Builds Friendships-bluelex2.jpg  
Old 02-01-08, 12:36 PM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very nice all you need is a little of this $$$$$ and anything can be done
Old 02-01-08, 12:47 PM
phillygs3

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

love the pics
Old 02-01-08, 01:17 PM
carbongs
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

awesome, and thanks for the mention, lol. mark you have always been a great friend. can't wait to show beside you again next week
Old 02-02-08, 04:05 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice Mark. I appreciate the comments man. God I did hate those pics when I saw them after the show. Its like the sun or something made my car's color look very weird but anywhoo Its has been fun meeting you and the rest of the gang of Elite over the years. But getting back to the point of your thread I have met some great friends through CL that I might not have ever had the chance to meet before..

I have become very close friends with, D2autosport(Derrick) Just IS( Mario) Italian Lex (john) Alsilverbullet(Al) Indio(Eric) and Wringo (Darrel). These are people who have been to either my wedding, kids birthday parties or just hung out with, real good people. I have met so many cool guys because of this forum. I really appreciate the comments Mark of your experiences with me. I have always tried to treat everyone I meet the same way. Your a cool guy with a huge pasion for this game. Good luck to you.
Old 02-03-08, 05:22 AM
Wringo
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Friends through CL!

I have met many new friends here on CL and the numbers continue to grow. Adrian(Bluelex), has been an inspiration to us all and I never get enough of seeing his car and picking his brain for ideas. The whole Florida crew has been very helpful to me with the design of my car and I can't thank them enough.(Teelex,Alsilverbullet,Tmf2004,Lexforlife,Wayne,Clive,Steve,Drumnbass,Lexusondubs,00lexondubs,Chino,Baadhabit,.. and the list goes on and on. "Friendship is Essential to the Soul"!

Wringo,TLW,Bluelex chilling at HIN Miami!

Team Solo win at Moroso 2007!

CL members at Old Town in Orlando!

Orlando/Tampa cruise shoot!

Orlando CL first annual BBQ pic!

There have been so many good times through CL and I hope to have many more to come!
Old 02-04-08, 11:36 AM
stayblaze
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man i feel like moving to florida you guys really look like u have fun down there here in NY there are no meets or anything ive been a member for awhile and neva met anybody well ive seen some GS in the street and we show our due respect by honking or flashing light and the occasional burnout but thats all.
Old 02-04-08, 06:46 PM
LexFather

Amazing b/c I don't like none of you or your cars..

J/K!! CL is the best, I continue to be impressed with the QUALITY of the people I meet in person, everyone seems ethical and a stand up person, who is friendly and always willing to help.