GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Updated Pics - 225mm springs on CS-T

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-08, 07:30 AM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by taeng
...I left the Lexus w/ Aristo b/c I don't like it when its complete debadged...

i think he might have meant the same thing i was going to say.. if you're rocking an aristo badge, its only appropriate to be rocking a toyota badge as well. the lexus aristo does not exist so badging it like that is sort of like only doing half the job.. i personally dont like it either... ANYWAY, the drop looks great, but im curious because now im confused... i have tein cs v.2, what is "cs-t"? ive never heard.. is this v.1? enlighten me.
Old 02-06-08, 07:55 AM
taeng
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by upstateGS4
i think he might have meant the same thing i was going to say.. if you're rocking an aristo badge, its only appropriate to be rocking a toyota badge as well. the lexus aristo does not exist so badging it like that is sort of like only doing half the job.. i personally dont like it either... ANYWAY, the drop looks great, but im curious because now im confused... i have tein cs v.2, what is "cs-t"? ive never heard.. is this v.1? enlighten me.
Everyone is entitled to their own preferences ....The Tein CS V.2's proper name is Tein CS-T, so you actually have the CS-T's. Hope that cleared it up. Thanks!
Old 02-06-08, 08:00 AM
taeng
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by oohpapi44
Looks good, I'm curious to know how much harsher the ride is.
Oohpapi44 it got significantly harsher cranked down to the lowest setting on the shorter springs. My upper control arm bushing is making contact with the inside of the fender by the strut mount. I'm going to try to cut that whole like Chrispy was mentioning. People on VSC say to wait for it to dimple, but it seems like that will take a while before and the banging is just unbearable. I think I have an idea how to do it before waiting for it to dimple.
Old 02-07-08, 10:55 AM
PlatanoTLS
Lead Lap

Looks great Trav
Old 02-07-08, 02:28 PM
taeng
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by PlatanoTLS
Looks great Trav
Thanks Plat...Did you ever pick up a lex?
Old 02-07-08, 05:57 PM
chrispy

Received 79 Likes on 37 Posts

Oohpapi44 it got significantly harsher cranked down to the lowest setting on the shorter springs. My upper control arm bushing is making contact with the inside of the fender by the strut mount. I'm going to try to cut that whole like Chrispy was mentioning. People on VSC say to wait for it to dimple, but it seems like that will take a while before and the banging is just unbearable. I think I have an idea how to do it before waiting for it to dimple.
I've bottomed out pretty bad a few times already and I don't see any dimples. That metal is really thick. There's definately a dent from below through. I'm thinking about drilling from the bottom up where the dent is, then using that hole to guide the holesaw from the top. I'm not sure how big the hole should be though. I don't want to trim too close to the strut tower.
Old 02-07-08, 05:59 PM
chrispy

Received 79 Likes on 37 Posts

Sidenote: If you're thinking about going low low, don't even think about the Tein CS. When you're that low you don't want a soft setup because you'll be bouncing around everywhere. I'm at full stiff and it's still too soft for this height.
Old 02-07-08, 07:38 PM
GSing430
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

what he said
Old 02-07-08, 08:42 PM
Tank
Racer

Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts

Nice dump! do your thing with the badges too, to each his own..
Old 02-08-08, 12:19 AM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by eskaeone
Nice dump! do your thing with the badges too, to each his own..
Everyone is entitled to their own preferences ....The Tein CS V.2's proper name is Tein CS-T, so you actually have the CS-T's. Hope that cleared it up. Thanks!
like i said, i dont think its criticizing as so much as saying the whole point of badging aristo is to mirror this cars non US counterpart. which means the aristo badge, and toyota everywhere else. the badge isnt the problem, its that a "lexus aristo" doesnt exist, so you might as well just throw an MB hood ornament on too. people dont look at that and be like ohhh, hes got that thing going on, thats what that cars called overseas right? no, they're just like, man, this dudes confused. badge it all right or dont badge it at all. many would agree. its not like a US acura integra type r vs. a jdm honda integra type r. you slap an acura badge on that type r in japan you just look like you're mirroring US. put a lexus badge on your toyota over there and leave every other emblem aristo/v300, you just look misinformed and half assed.

this site always gets me. people are MEGA pic wh0res, which is fine, but they know they are gonna get feedback which they want or they wouldnt post up pics in the first place. when somebody makes a comment about something not being right, its not an absolute necessity for bandwagon jumpers to be like "yo, do you man, dont let other people tell you how to rock your ride" and they dont need to be all jumping on your **** with a thumb up just to get another post. you CAN agree with me because you know im right. im not telling you how to mod your car, im stating a fact. constructive criticism is key to improvement. you're asking for ALL the comments as soon as you hit upload and some people will tell you the truth even if its not what you wanna hear. i think your gs is alright for the most part, the mismatched badging makes the car look cheap, i like the drop, and its definitely not the FIRST mismatched set of emblems ive seen on here, just the last ones before i decided to comment. if everybody followed that "if you dont have anything nice to say, dont say it at all" rule there would be SO many more disgusting cars rolling around with as many clueless drivers behind the wheel.

Last edited by upstateGS4; 02-08-08 at 06:20 AM.
Old 02-08-08, 08:55 AM
taeng
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by upstateGS4
like i said, i dont think its criticizing as so much as saying the whole point of badging aristo is to mirror this cars non US counterpart. which means the aristo badge, and toyota everywhere else. the badge isnt the problem, its that a "lexus aristo" doesnt exist, so you might as well just throw an MB hood ornament on too. people dont look at that and be like ohhh, hes got that thing going on, thats what that cars called overseas right? no, they're just like, man, this dudes confused. badge it all right or dont badge it at all. many would agree. its not like a US acura integra type r vs. a jdm honda integra type r. you slap an acura badge on that type r in japan you just look like you're mirroring US. put a lexus badge on your toyota over there and leave every other emblem aristo/v300, you just look misinformed and half assed.

this site always gets me. people are MEGA pic wh0res, which is fine, but they know they are gonna get feedback which they want or they wouldnt post up pics in the first place. when somebody makes a comment about something not being right, its not an absolute necessity for bandwagon jumpers to be like "yo, do you man, dont let other people tell you how to rock your ride" and they dont need to be all jumping on your **** with a thumb up just to get another post. you CAN agree with me because you know im right. im not telling you how to mod your car, im stating a fact. constructive criticism is key to improvement. you're asking for ALL the comments as soon as you hit upload and some people will tell you the truth even if its not what you wanna hear. i think your gs is alright for the most part, the mismatched badging makes the car look cheap, i like the drop, and its definitely not the FIRST mismatched set of emblems ive seen on here, just the last ones before i decided to comment. if everybody followed that "if you dont have anything nice to say, dont say it at all" rule there would be SO many more disgusting cars rolling around with as many clueless drivers behind the wheel.
I'm not sure what hit you the wrong way, but all I said was everyone has their own preference. You're response seems like you are trying to prove something. Anyway I'm fine with the fact you think I'm a confused half ***, but you should ease up a little, no disrespect.
Old 02-08-08, 08:59 AM
taeng
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by chrispy
I've bottomed out pretty bad a few times already and I don't see any dimples. That metal is really thick. There's definately a dent from below through. I'm thinking about drilling from the bottom up where the dent is, then using that hole to guide the holesaw from the top. I'm not sure how big the hole should be though. I don't want to trim too close to the strut tower.
Thats exactly what I was thinking of doing. I was thinking of using 2.5" hole saw, but just a little scared of making the hole a little off. Let me know what you end up doing.
Old 02-08-08, 10:18 AM
PlatanoTLS
Lead Lap

Thanks Plat...Did you ever pick up a lex?
I should have it this weekend or some time during the week. Trying to set something up with all the GS in the area , so I'll pm you when that goes down.
Old 02-08-08, 10:28 AM
LiCelsior
Retired

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

sick *** car man. Ray never gonna get his car.
Old 02-09-08, 07:51 AM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

I'm not sure what hit you the wrong way, but all I said was everyone has their own preference. You're response seems like you are trying to prove something. Anyway I'm fine with the fact you think I'm a confused half ***, but you should ease up a little, no disrespect.

sorry if you misunderstood. i wasnt calling you a confused half *** personally. i try not to sling names on web boards...im just describing how the majority of people view an improperly badged car. stepping out now, not trying to clog up your thread anymore with OT.