GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Don't EVER get your tires aligned at SEARS!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-08, 09:10 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

To hinder theft of the GS fogs, it would be a good idea to order these bolts in size 5/16

TP3®...Security to the third power.
We've added TP3® to our powerful line-up of security fasteners. Its new triangular recessed drive offers three times the security of ordinary sheet metal screws. Available in #8 and #10 self-tapping screws, Type A, 410 stainless steel in a variety of lengths
Got them from here.. It is local, so I got mine in person. http://www.tamperproof.com/index.cfm...ction=products
Old 02-06-08, 11:33 AM
stayblaze
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my dad and i have ben doin alignment with sears for years now we neva had a problem. damn that sucks i hope they help you out.
Old 02-06-08, 11:56 AM
flipicanez
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just take mine to the local ma-pa tire store. They have a reputation to keep up and just a few mistakes and they are toast. If Sears messes up, well they have lawyers.
Old 02-06-08, 12:05 PM
PushinLEX
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DASHOCKER
To hinder theft of the GS fogs, it would be a good idea to order these bolts in size 5/16

Got them from here.. It is local, so I got mine in person. http://www.tamperproof.com/index.cfm...ction=products
Thanks alot man. Very good idea. U think Pepboys or Autozone would carry something like this?
Old 02-06-08, 05:10 PM
kenkaniff
Pole Position

Originally Posted by oohpapi44
So you think trashing a reputable business because YOU were too tired to inspect your car after having it returned to you. Look at your statement and notice where I highlighted YOUR admitted actions. If you don't know, suck up the loss like a man and move on. It's a $75 dollar part that can be replaced by checking the classifieds and YOU taking the initiative to replace the philips head screws holding in your fogs with hex head screws to protect your investment.

I feel your pain over someone taking your property but if you couldn't rule out Sears by checking over your car when you received it, then trashing the reputation of people in a public forum based on no evidence is silly. How stupid would a mechanic be to take a chance that you aren't going to notice a MISSING FOG light, when you pick up your car?

Seriously, "Don't EVER get your tires aligned at Sears" for a thread title? Shouldn't it be "Check your car whenever you turn it over to someone and and it's returned to you, don't be lazy like I was"
Don't take my word for it:

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/autom...to_centers.htm

Old 02-06-08, 05:10 PM
phillygs3

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So you think trashing a reputable business because YOU were too tired to inspect your car after having it returned to you. Look at your statement and notice where I highlighted YOUR admitted actions. If you don't know, suck up the loss like a man and move on. It's a $75 dollar part that can be replaced by checking the classifieds and YOU taking the initiative to replace the philips head screws holding in your fogs with hex head screws to protect your investment.

I feel your pain over someone taking your property but if you couldn't rule out Sears by checking over your car when you received it, then trashing the reputation of people in a public forum based on no evidence is silly. How stupid would a mechanic be to take a chance that you aren't going to notice a MISSING FOG light, when you pick up your car?

Seriously, "Don't EVER get your tires aligned at Sears" for a thread title? Shouldn't it be "Check your car whenever you turn it over to someone and and it's returned to you, don't be lazy like I was"
love the hex head idea im going to do that asap
Old 02-06-08, 06:19 PM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by kenkaniff
first off...its a huge corporation with lots of stores...there will be people unhappy because the mechanics are not perfect human beings (wow...they're not?)

2nd, read through those and see how many fog lights were stolen or anything for that matter that was stolen? right back at ya

btw, I'm sure dude would risk losing his job to steal fog lights...
Old 02-07-08, 05:04 AM
kenkaniff
Pole Position

I don't think he stole it.

I think he carelessly drove the car up the ramp and knocked the light loose.

I have a body kit on it so it can easily happen, which the manager even confirmed.

The light would've flown off on the ride home.

Sequence of events, whose to blame? Liability lies in the one who triggered the event.
Old 02-07-08, 05:45 AM
lexluger71
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so what is the outcome ? sears is okay , but too damn expensive and they always find something wrong with your car. j
Old 02-07-08, 06:37 AM
UncleRay
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

You're crying over a fog light? Grow up!
Old 02-07-08, 06:48 AM
Rock-a-Lex
Lead Lap

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

I think he's trying to imply that his alarm is so sensitve his car is going to notice someone unscrewing a 1/2 inch screw from his front bumper in the middle of the night. So no one could have taken his fogs at night and it HAS to be the Sears Tech.
Ha ha...Get him cliff, lol. You made sound, valid points as usual.

I do understand how the OP is upset even if it is "just a foglight." It's money out of your pocket for no reason. Not sure who's fault it is...
Old 02-07-08, 07:19 AM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

man,,, if your fog light jumps out because its driven on a ramp, it wasn't secured properly in the first place then...and wouldn't the kit be all cracked? or paint would crack if its urethane from the stress....