GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Help: Car Not Moving!

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-08, 02:51 PM
g5cubed
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help: Car Not Moving!

Hey guys,

My car is currently on my driveway and won't move. Yesterday, I drove the car right onto fresh snow, and I think I might have planted the rear wheels into a small snow spot. Whenever I try to reverse, my wheels just spin. I'm fairly certain that it's probably because I have normal tires, as opposed to Winter, but I didn't expect it to be this bad. When I switch it to reverse (or even drive), the car starts making a clunking sound, before proceeding to spin. I've tried putting some sand under the rear wheels, but it doesn't seem to work. The weird thing is, when I actually look at the rear wheels, you can hardly even see its in dugout, i would say about 1-1.5 inches tall. Any suggestions?

I forgot to mention, this same thing happened previously, and the car performed normally in between. So I'm hoping it's not the transmission.

Last edited by g5cubed; 02-08-08 at 03:24 PM.
Old 02-08-08, 03:16 PM
UncleRay
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Check your transmission. You might have clunked it. If that fails, have someone tow it to a garage, and have them look at your axle and stuff. Might have accidentally knocked something out =/
Old 02-08-08, 04:08 PM
acidstorm
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by g5cubed
Hey guys,

My car is currently on my driveway and won't move. Yesterday, I drove the car right onto fresh snow, and I think I might have planted the rear wheels into a small snow spot. Whenever I try to reverse, my wheels just spin. I'm fairly certain that it's probably because I have normal tires, as opposed to Winter, but I didn't expect it to be this bad. When I switch it to reverse (or even drive), the car starts making a clunking sound, before proceeding to spin. I've tried putting some sand under the rear wheels, but it doesn't seem to work. The weird thing is, when I actually look at the rear wheels, you can hardly even see its in dugout, i would say about 1-1.5 inches tall. Any suggestions?

I forgot to mention, this same thing happened previously, and the car performed normally in between. So I'm hoping it's not the transmission.
Torn off the traction control and try again, that really helped me in the same situation, clicking noise is your traction control working