GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Sonar tails 150 bucks!! Free shipping.

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-08, 04:44 PM
Emackny
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by upstateGS4
used to be $1350. now they are $1650. im talking about the real deal ones that they make using oem toyota unassembled units, the whole lasering process, etc. not getting into the jp tail discussion here though about pricing there are soo many threads about it already.

to the one guy, sucks that your order got "canceled" but are you really surprised?

to the other guys saying you called or got emails, and they are telling all of you that your order is "in process" and you will get an email in 24-48 hours... you really think thats going to happen? i understand you will more then likely get your money back or not be charged, but isnt it easier to not bother with this type of bs in the first place?
I hate to say it but Upstate GS4 is right (although his comments were a bit negative). None of your orders will be filled. Out of stock.. (or should I say some idiot screwed up the price and they realized it once all the orders started coming in..) Money is being credited back to everyone.

Sorry to waist everyone's time..
Old 02-19-08, 10:43 PM
Tank
Racer

Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts

Wow, what a horror story..guess it was too good to be true.. here's the site where I got mine, they have the lights cheaper than anyone else as far as I know.. good luck..
Old 02-19-08, 10:53 PM
Tank
Racer

Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts

Here's the web site:
http://www.migicar.com/98lgs300rc4.html
It's better than paying $1650 for JP tails...lol ludacris!!
Old 02-20-08, 08:47 AM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jedidiah
....We are all entitled to our opinions. Hell, I don't even know if I will like it, but for $150 why not try it?...Again, your entitled to your opinion, but I think you have already stated your thoughts on this particular product enough in this thread...
you're right, we are all entitled to our opinions. i haven't said anything like "you guys are idiots for buying these they look disgusting" i gave my thoughts and even bothered to put "IMO" just so people wouldnt get offended and think i was talking ****. i wished the people that ordered them the best of luck and tried to throw out a warning because i knew this deal was bs. how many of you got the tails you ordered from this place?

Originally Posted by j stuff
Why do you care so much? You're not the one having to deal with it. I dont like the "clublexus special" TTE lip + cheap wheels on tein CS drop but i dont go and complain about it in the threads. You seem to be getting yourself worked up over nothing. Go buy your $1650 tails lol.
i already have the tails. who likes "cheap" wheels? if you think something looks like **** when people put it on their car, thats what the public forum is for. when they post pics, you tell them you think they just ruined their car with a tasteless mod and maybe you can save them from themselves next time. im far from the first person that has posted their opinion on products they dont like (see your own post above).

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Guys, can we respect one anothers opinons about JP/Sonar Tails. Thanks.

I don't see myself buying $1400 tails and the fat bottom lens is not for me either. I guess for only $150, why not, you can always resell.
no disrespect to their opinions, apparently they just dont like mine. i tried to word it appropriately so they wouldn't get cranky but you know how it goes.

Last edited by upstateGS4; 02-20-08 at 10:28 AM.
Old 02-20-08, 08:57 AM
kit cat

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Worst case scenario I get my money back or if I don't like them, I sell them for what I paid for them.
i'll wouldn't be surprised if you don't get your money back.
Old 02-20-08, 09:07 AM
j stuff
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Coco-bun
Thats what credit card charge back disputes are for. Im the billing mananger for an internet company. You'd be surprised how easy it is to get refunds of Hundreds of dollars (even if services and products were given!). Most times the credit card company will issue you a refund BEFORE they even contact the seller.

I got this in the mail

We regret to inform you that at the present time we are out of stock on the product(s) you ordered and have issued you a refund. You will see the credit post to your account in 3-4 business days. If you are interested, we do have a different brand available. Please call us @ 1-866-503-5156 at your earliest possible convenience. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Order ID: 4058576
Restock: -$0.00
Discount: -$0.00
Shipping: $0.00
Tax: $0.00
Parts: $152.23
Credit Amount: $152.23
Parts Credited
1998 - 2000
Lexus GS300 Spyder Tail Light Tail Light Price: $152.23 Qty: 1 Part #: ALT-YD-LGS98-TR-LED-RC

It was a bust, but worth a shot.
Old 02-20-08, 09:10 AM
j stuff
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

who does like cheap wheels?

Well first off plastic tail lights vs $3000 wheels is a different game. $1000 wheels vs $3000 wheels lol you cant compare molded pieces of plastic to metal.

cya
Old 02-20-08, 09:14 AM
Jedidiah
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This forum amazes me sometimes. The negativity is overwhelming.

To answer your pessimistic statement, yes I got my money back.

To Upstate- We speak the same language. I'm not a promoter of Honda mods on a Luxery vehicle. I'm not into tasteless mods that are getting more popular as the 2GS gets older and cheaper.

The difference between you and me is how we speak this language. You do it in a negative, cynical manner that frankly takes away from your opinion.

We all have a right to post and give an opinion as many times as we want. However its in how we give an opinion that allows for the forum to grow and become a more amiable place. Your approach is quite opposite and I believe unwarranted.

Again, I have nothing against you, just in how you deliver your opinion.
Old 02-20-08, 09:24 AM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by j stuff
Well first off plastic tail lights vs $3000 wheels is a different game. $1000 wheels vs $3000 wheels lol you cant compare molded pieces of plastic to metal.

cya
you're the one that brought up cheap wheels man, not sure what you were referring to. this is a whole different discussion thats pointless to have in here, but where can you find a good set of wheels and tires for $3k anyway? the tires i destroy after only a few months use are about a grand alone. but anyway seriously, i originally stopped in here to warn guys of making this purchase to save them the headache of being disappointed or losing money that is all.

...I have nothing against you, just in how you deliver your opinion...
point taken. but negative and cynical? come on, dont read into it so much bro. how else could i say i dont like something without there being a negative aspect about it that i mention? i believe the only thing i said that people are taking offense to is the fact that these things are cheap and the price is too good to be true. that and the huge clear lower section kills it for me. the buy from this company was bogus. true on all accounts. we are all adults here, i dont feel that i have to sugarcoat an opinion in order to shield everyone from getting their feelings hurt. people shouldnt be browsing the internet with such a high sensitivity level anyway...online opinions are just opinions, (like a holes, everyone has one) no need for people to get upset when they read something that contradicts their own pov.

this threads going way ot and will be locked down in no time so im out.

Last edited by upstateGS4; 02-20-08 at 10:34 AM.
Old 02-20-08, 10:13 AM
kit cat

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

mods, lock this thread. it's going no where.

caveat emptor
Old 02-20-08, 10:24 AM
dqb3000
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by gottagitmines
Not sure if they messed up the price but I placed my order. Thought I would share. (This is just for the Red/Clear lens) Incl. inners..

http://www.**************/parts/tail_...xus/gs300.html

any opinions on whether the smoked version would look good on white?
Old 02-20-08, 11:36 AM
Jedidiah
Pole Position

Originally Posted by upstateGS4

point taken. but negative and cynical? come on, dont read into it so much bro. how else could i say i dont like something without there being a negative aspect about it that i mention? i believe the only thing i said that people are taking offense to is the fact that these things are cheap and the price is too good to be true. that and the huge clear lower section kills it for me. the buy from this company was bogus. true on all accounts. we are all adults here, i dont feel that i have to sugarcoat an opinion in order to shield everyone from getting their feelings hurt. people shouldnt be browsing the internet with such a high sensitivity level anyway...online opinions are just opinions, (like a holes, everyone has one) no need for people to get upset when they read something that contradicts their own pov.

this threads going way ot and will be locked down in no time so im out.

I appreciate your opinion and your point of view. To be honest, I agree with your opinion on the LED's. I prefer the JP's... I think the thinner clear and LED layout is much nicer and cleaner compartively.

With that said, I'm also not advocating that you lose your right to freedom of speech or try to sugarcoat everything you say to avoid stepping on toes. However, I will argue that there are better ways to voice an opinion that will be received by all.

I believe an opinion is to be voiced so that it might be, at least, received by everyone. Whether it sways their mindset or not, at least they hear it. I think that is accomplished through tone and verbage. You can give the same opinion in two different tones, and one will be well received while the other one with leave a bad taste in certain individual's mouths.

All to say, we are on the same page. Neither one of us like "cheap rice mods" done to the 2GS. Its a great car and well made deserving of nothing but the best, in terms of mods. I'm only advocating that we make an effort to voice an opinion in such a way that it may be received by all with open ears. Doesn't mean we all have to agree, but at least we can all get along.
Old 02-20-08, 12:32 PM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

...I prefer the JP's... I think the thinner clear and LED layout is much nicer and cleaner compartively...but at least we can all get along.
the jp's i mentioned are the original non led re-worked toyota oem 01-05 units with the small clear lower section, (they did also jump on the bandwagon recently with their own led/big clear lower section to stay in competition with the lower priced units popping up everywhere) not that it matters but just clearing up which ones i was referencing...and im all for one big happy, in person my tone would be received far less harsh then i think it is when read online.

Last edited by upstateGS4; 02-20-08 at 12:37 PM.
Old 02-20-08, 12:36 PM
LiLS
Lexus Champion

boo....tooo good to be true!
Old 02-20-08, 12:40 PM
Emackny
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

mods, lock this thread. it's going no where.

caveat emptor
Ditto..

If you need more info on getting your money back. PM me and I be more than happy to give you all the info you need.

Quick Reply: Sonar tails 150 bucks!! Free shipping.