GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Finally Made My Rim Decision

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-08, 09:31 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by charmz
Actually both those rims i would consider buying.... thats my exact taste!

EXCEPT .... i unfortunatly dont quite have $1000 to spend PER WHEEL ... lol

I'm going to give you some advice when looking for wheels, and please use this rationale whether you buy from us or any other shop as it will ultimately help you.
Especially because I note that you have a very very particular taste combined with a limited budget.

When you are looking for wheels there are 4 or 5 main factors that determine your final choice:

1. STYLE
2. SIZE
3. FINISH
4. FITMENT
5. PRICE

Now the thing to do is figure which of these things your willing to make a concession on? Are you willing to spend top dollar to hit every nail on the head? Are you willing to go brushed instead of chrome to get the exact fitment and price you want? Can you be a little more flexible on the style? It goes on and on.

9.9 times out of 10 you will never get EVERY point on the list covered. So figure out which 1 or 2 things your willing to scratch off the list and still be happy with what you get in the end.

I have saved alot of people ALOT of time with this analogy, I hope it helps you out.
Old 02-20-08, 09:55 PM
LexFather

Exclamation

Originally Posted by D2-AUTOSPORT
I'm going to give you some advice when looking for wheels, and please use this rationale whether you buy from us or any other shop as it will ultimately help you.
Especially because I note that you have a very very particular taste combined with a limited budget.

When you are looking for wheels there are 4 or 5 main factors that determine your final choice:

1. STYLE
2. SIZE
3. FINISH
4. FITMENT
5. PRICE

Now the thing to do is figure which of these things your willing to make a concession on? Are you willing to spend top dollar to hit every nail on the head? Are you willing to go brushed instead of chrome to get the exact fitment and price you want? Can you be a little more flexible on the style? It goes on and on.

9.9 times out of 10 you will never get EVERY point on the list covered. So figure out which 1 or 2 things your willing to scratch off the list and still be happy with what you get in the end.

I have saved alot of people ALOT of time with this analogy, I hope it helps you out.
QFT (Quoted for Truth)...

Just tonight, I saw about 4 GSs with AWFUL wheels....the last one, I was walking downtown and it made me cringe....

It sticks out like a sore thumb. That is the BEAUTIFUL thing about Clublexus, the education you can get to avoid things and mistakes.

Hell I learned the hard way. I was a newb and bought some "Diablo" wheels b/c I liked Racing Harts. Hell I didn't know the mistake I would make. I just bought htem b/c they were chrome and looked like what I wanted.

Well 2 rims bent in a 2 months and I ended up paying MORE for just CRAPTASTIC wheels instead of paying for some quality ones.

Thank GOODNESS for the O.Gs on this forum who helped me out.

And that is why so many of us try to help newbs..
Old 02-20-08, 10:32 PM
charmz
Lead Lap

so pretty much. from my observation of everyone comments. you guys are stating that Giovannas are poorly made wheels that are over priced?

To me, I make decisions based on looks over performance. Drive by nice and slow and look nice and shiny lol

WHY HAS NO ONE COMMENTED ON THE DROPSTAR DS04 ??????
would that be a better choice ??????

I wish i could afford those Lowenharts - I love the LDR and LVD! those are exactly what i want on my car!!!!
Old 02-20-08, 10:36 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Can someone post some pics of some "Dubs" from a good brand. They don't have to be Lowneharts. Someone said MRR, good suggestion.

Your GS is an Armani suit and the wheels are the shoes. Think of it that way. What would you rock with your suit?

Puma's homeslice!!! All day, every day.
Old 02-20-08, 10:43 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by TLW
Puma's homeslice!!! All day, every day.
Old 02-20-08, 10:45 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by D2-AUTOSPORT

1. STYLE
2. SIZE
3. FINISH
4. FITMENT
5. PRICE

I'm so stealing this HAHAHAHHAHAHHAA Thanks D!!!!
Old 02-20-08, 10:48 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Ahem..

Old 02-21-08, 12:24 AM
4ntvings
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

WHY HAS NO ONE COMMENTED ON THE DROPSTAR DS04 ??????would that be a better choice ??????
I wish i could afford those Lowenharts - I love the LDR and LVD! those are exactly what i want on my car!!!!
you pretty much resolved the item at hand/posted. apparently after searching, you've found wheels to fall in luvva with

if you can give me change for my 2 cents now, i can offer you this: save for the lowenharts and get what you really want. in the end, you'll really appreciate your hard earned wheels (not to mention, when you mount those babies, stand back and look at your 2GS, YOU should be in awe-considering THAT'S what YOU wanted).
Old 02-21-08, 09:58 AM
charmz
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 4ntvings
you pretty much resolved the item at hand/posted. apparently after searching, you've found wheels to fall in luvva with

if you can give me change for my 2 cents now, i can offer you this: save for the lowenharts and get what you really want. in the end, you'll really appreciate your hard earned wheels (not to mention, when you mount those babies, stand back and look at your 2GS, YOU should be in awe-considering THAT'S what YOU wanted).
WELL, its not that i dont have the money for the Lowenharts. Its more like i cant justify spending $6,000 on a set of rims and tires. Do you understand?
Old 02-21-08, 11:13 AM
LexFather

WELL, its not that i dont have the money for the Lowenharts. Its more like i cant justify spending $6,000 on a set of rims and tires. Do you understand?
No one said you didn't have the money.
No one said you had to buy 6k wheels.
You started a thread ASKING what people think.

You have a Leuxs. IMO, you should dress your Lexus appropriately.
Old 02-21-08, 11:16 AM
SorrGwa
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

is that the correst tire size?

my stocks are 225/55/16. used a tire size calculator and tire rack reconmendation

i went with a 245/30/20 and a 275/30/20
Old 02-24-08, 01:20 PM
2nd.2.none
Driver School Candidate

check this web site out http://www.hipnoticwheels.com/ stay away from the crap you see on the streets every day.
Old 02-28-08, 07:04 PM
Bigbea
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just noticed that everyones takin about my ghetto *** bling bling wheels!!!! HAHA...love it. TO EACH THEIR OWN. people wanna take smack about my rims, your rims or whatever...who cares! Get the ones that you like and you'll be happy.

I went with the lexanis because I got them super super cheap. I was going to get the Ararats like you but opted for a less expensive route.

I never regreted my Bling Bling wheels.
Old 02-28-08, 11:41 PM
charmz
Lead Lap

AND NEITHER WILL I.
MY ARARATS ARE ON THEIR WAY!
YOU ALL CAN CRINGE AND DISAPPROVE WHEN MY PICS GO UP.

I got them in chrome locally for $2400CDN balanced/installed/lock nuts/hub centric rings/alignment on Falken's

Its nice to know at least one member here supports the "baller" or "dub" style gs look. I just hope those Ararats have a big enough lip for my liking.

Last edited by charmz; 02-28-08 at 11:44 PM.