GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

I think I need help...

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-08, 05:10 PM
Solo_D33A
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I think I need help...

So my car as some of you may remember, the air suspension was leaking, then I got it to Winnipeg, dropped off my car at a shop called Phat Ride Customs. They told me at first that it'll be a easy job and it'll take max of like 600, I'm like, cool, then you guys find out the problem and see what's up.
few days later, they called me back, saying they can fix it but it'll cost more...

Then later, they called me ad say they'll have to at least change both the rear suspension as they can't fix my air cylinders, but they can replace with airrunners, which will cost at least 1500+ so is he OEM suspension. Thus I told them I'll see what I want to do, and will reply them very soon.

They were then closed for a week, during which, I emailed the sales manager about I want the HKS RS suspension, and he doesn't have reply.

I proceeded with the order from MVP, as it's on sale, then I just waited for the suspension, which they're now opened again but still no reply.

I then dropped off the suspension to them they said they'll need some time as they're busy...

I called a days later, they told me they can't do anything til at least a week later, thus I asked if I can take my car out and install it elsewhere, but they said if so, I'll have to pay 600+ for parking there, but the thing is that they didn't told me if I park there they'll have to charge me. They said it's because they expect business from me, sure, they kept me waiting for so long and they said they can fix but they now can't, fine I waited.

I then got a call from them Monday morning at like 11/12am, I can take my car. I then went to pick it up, brought along with my CDs and stuff, I paid and started the car, warmed it up, set up everything back in order, I then put it in "D", and saw ABS, VSC, VSC off lights on. I then pulled into their parking lot, (my car was parked by them on the street) and told them about it.

They then looked at it, say they didn't touch anything, but come back and they'll plug in the computer. I then called them the other day, they said they sent the computer to fix, and won't get it back til next Monday and he'll Email me. Fine, but Monday came and went, I then called Tuesday, they told me the person that do the check is not here, come tomorrow. called Wednesday, told busy, come Thursday, called, they told me their comp doesn't check Lexus, WTF!? then why was I kept waited for so long!?

They told me to come next week to sent my car to fellow shop to check, went there, they can't check it either, (they took my car, drove to the other shop, drove back with the other shop's guy, took my car back to the other shop after drop off of 1st guy, 2nd guy came with MY car again, picked up 1st guy, 1st guy drove back here, so my car was driven 4 times, wtf) thus I was left with a car still with no idea of what's wrong and they still say they didn't do anything.

I have to drive it back to Vancouver, which I almost crashed due to no ABS or trac. I got it checked here, says I've got some speed sener problem, etc... at least 1400+ for 4 speed sensors, and don't even know if it'll work or if it's only the speed sensors them selves as it also showed sensor signal error etc, hydrulic problem etc...

They still deny responsibility, and says nothing they can do and not going to cough up 1400+, and say if they can get Lexus to check for them for free, which I'm sure it wont happen.

and now I'm in Vancouver, with a broken car that I don't know if I should risk to drive back and use it there...

so can anyone help so I... I really don't know why my life can go so wrong....

ABS sensors....
these?
http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...layCatalogid=0
or these?
Old 02-19-08, 05:18 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

what a ripe off!!!!
I am so sorry to hear someone screw you like this and hope everything turn out fine.
Old 02-19-08, 05:28 PM
olddog
Pole Position

Default hey

Originally Posted by Solo_D33A

so can anyone help so I... I really don't know why my life can go so wrong....
sorry for your problems.
but understand your life is not going wrong. the car is going wrong.
i suggest you stop transporting from one mechanic to the other. find one reputable shop, dump the car in their hands and have them find out everything thats wrong with the car. brace yourself as you will be spending more than you anticipated.(i already read your previous post where you paid tooooo much for the car in the first place).
accept your losses and get the car done or just sell it .

don't worry, it will be fine at the end of the day.
Old 02-19-08, 05:34 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,268 Likes on 1,377 Posts

I didn't see this clearly stated in your story... did they actually install the Airrunner in your car? And the problems showed up after they were done with the install?
Old 02-19-08, 06:16 PM
kenkaniff
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

His Airrunner came with the car when he bought it. It was having problems though.

Sorry man. Do you have a lawyer?
Old 02-19-08, 08:32 PM
Solo_D33A
Lexus Champion

My car's with a leaking rear left Canover air suspension (air cylinders instead of air bags)
I bought HKS RS suspension from the special from MVP motorsport.
Phat Ride Customs installed the HKS suspension I brought in, took out the 4 struts/air suspension, then when I got the car, lights came on.
And lawyer, my parents got a few, but I was told if I does get them, court will give them a chance to work on my car again to fix the problem, but would I trust them not to hurt the car in other way?
Old 02-19-08, 08:59 PM
Lettuce
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pardon my french, but that ***%& sucks. I feel for you.

If I were you, I would get my attorney involved, and hope you have been documenting all your interations with these people.

I would send a letter the BBB, but in Canada theres probably someone else to complain too.

I would get my car out of there as soon as possible, and get it checked by someone certified, and then also get copies of your old records before dropping the car off stating that the car was fine before you dropped it off.