GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Jus when I thought I was out...Junction Produce pulllls mee backkk innn...

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-08, 07:02 PM
GS FONZy
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Caoboy
cheap, Sonar, LED rice tail lights that everyone else buys.
I love it how it's always the stock guys who love to talk ISH

Nice tails upstate.
Old 02-28-08, 12:39 AM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GS FONZy
I love it how it's always the stock guys who love to talk ISH

Nice tails upstate.

thanks man.. for the record and for people who only check the last couple posts in this thread, i didnt make the "rice" comment. i dont personally like any of the led version tails that are out, but thats as far as i went with talking about them. im not trying to criticize anybody that already has leds either. if someone asked ME if i liked them on their car, i would tell them no, because they asked for my opinion..but, i had no intention for this thread to turn into an "original jp or go home" type of thing... you can probably tell by the title of the thread when i made it i was just happy i got some new parts and was messing around posting up pics of a taped up box because i know it drives you kids nuts when people post teaser threads.

Last edited by upstateGS4; 02-29-08 at 11:42 PM.
Old 02-28-08, 06:39 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Guys lets please not trash and take Mikes thread off subject when the comment was made by another member not the thread starter. Lets get back on the real subject which is to be happy for Mike and say how pretty his new lights are

For the record Junction Produce Taillights are authentic Toyota parts that JP buys but pre-sealed/assembled. They Laser cut the orange out and insert a custom Euro clear lens where the Orange used to be. They had to fab up a Clear lens that is to exact spec of the orange they took out. They than seal the lights for the 1st time which is why their is no condensation or leaks with them, Sometimes when you unseal lights and than reseal them it can have small pockets where air/water can get in causing condesation. These are sealed/asembled for the 1st time after JP does their laser cutting as if toyota was sealing them for the time.

The product is not for everyone's budget. nothing wrong with getting lights that you like and are in your budget but we shouldn't jab Mike for getting what he wanted.
Old 02-28-08, 08:50 PM
GS FONZy
Lexus Champion

I liked LEDs from the first time I saw them and I still like them, but I don't like the fact that they are sold in every coner. Makes me wish I would have bought JPs since I paid a lot for my LEDs from carson before they hit ebay, oh well. However; I still like them, but I feel it's a less unique item now.
I am happy for members when they get what they want, even if I like it or not, it's your car and as long as you are happy, than that's all that matters.
I just feel like some members take there negativity the extra step for no reason.
upstate I will say it again, dope lights.

Last edited by GS FONZy; 02-28-08 at 09:08 PM.
Old 02-28-08, 09:00 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

5 years later and JP tails are still a controversy.
Old 02-28-08, 09:08 PM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Originally Posted by TLW

And Johnny, it's still one of the best mods I ever put on my car. I just LOVE the azz of my GS. Thanks again, man!

Welcome to the JP Tails club, Upstate. I have an LED bulb in my turn signal, and man does it look great at night when I signal. I signal just for the helluva it sometimes. LOL
Old 02-28-08, 10:28 PM
Lettuce
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KevinGS
And Johnny, it's still one of the best mods I ever put on my car. I just LOVE the azz of my GS. Thanks again, man!

Welcome to the JP Tails club, Upstate. I have an LED bulb in my turn signal, and man does it look great at night when I signal. I signal just for the helluva it sometimes. LOL
do you have a pic of the your rear lights and when signaling?

thanks,
Old 03-04-08, 09:02 AM
Tank
Racer

Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts

So do I, I got em everywhere front turns, rear turns, TAILS, front parking lights, door sills, ignition key ring, side markers... the only thing missing is the hight mount stop light (gonna wait to see if I can get a rear spoiler with a built in LED stop light...) went for that nice balanced look for the lighting, looks great, especially when it the lights shut off automatically; all at the same time with no delay like conventional bulbs.
Old 03-04-08, 09:45 AM
TYPEII
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lettuce

thanks,
Ya, I want to see too...I just have regular White bulbs in my JPs.
Old 03-04-08, 11:46 AM
VipDout
19x11.5 -51

Sick !! I know your wallet might be hurt a little but we all love those lights !!!
Old 03-04-08, 12:02 PM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Lettuce

thanks,
No pix of the turn signals at night, maybe later though.
Old 03-06-08, 11:17 AM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

... I have an LED bulb in my turn signal, and man does it look great at night when I signal. I signal just for the helluva it sometimes. LOL
you have the problem with the "fast blinker" since you're using those led bulbs? i wouldnt mind giving them a shot but i dont want the fast blink and also dont feel like having to mess around with adding resistors or whatever they say you need to do to make them blink "normal" again.
Old 03-06-08, 02:34 PM
sirblinks
Lexus Test Driver

i like the leds too, i had smoke LED tails until yesterday morning...some old lady rear ended me and cracked my tail lights and inners its a sad sad day

congrats on your purchase!
Old 03-06-08, 04:05 PM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by sirblinks
i like the leds too, i had smoke LED tails until yesterday morning...some old lady rear ended me and cracked my tail lights and inners its a sad sad day

congrats on your purchase!

thanks man...but i definitely didnt mean ditching these for led tails... i just got these! i was talking about the clear led bulb for the blinker section that still lights up orange. these tails dont have led boards in them.

Last edited by upstateGS4; 03-06-08 at 10:16 PM.
Old 03-06-08, 04:15 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by TLW

Its soo funny you say that. I couldn't the amount of de ja vu I was experiencing reading this thread.

Of course things are a little more aggressive nowadays, but still controversy.

Enjoy the new tails. I still remember the day bluelex got his, we were on the phone for like 2 hours talking about them and how nice they looked sitting on his kitchen table.

Quick Reply: Jus when I thought I was out...Junction Produce pulllls mee backkk innn...