GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Why ME??

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-08, 11:40 AM
tuddy
Negative Nancy

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Do you guys believe in Karma? Guess not..Sorry to hear bout your car buddy
Old 02-28-08, 11:53 AM
stockgs300
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dang bummer but I kinda think that you should not have damaged his car. I think he left his car there instead of taking off so you could get his license plate and etc so him or his insurance could take care of it.
Old 02-28-08, 12:05 PM
dRo15
Lexus Test Driver

If you can't fix it youself you may want to try your insurance if your comprhensive ded. isn't high.

I usually just find a spot between cars that look like the owners care about what happens to their cars. Like parking next to another lexus or something.
Old 02-28-08, 12:15 PM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

I usually keep a toolset and also a breaker bar in my car. Never know when something is going to break down and need fixing lol. If you really want to do something inconspicuous. The stuff I have on hand is perfect.

Breaker bar = more legit damage ability and is more inconspicuous to a cop than baseball bat.
Toolset + breaker bar = socket set to remove lug nuts from 1 wheel or 2. The car will be able to stand normally but as soon as it starts rolling the tires will fall off. Make sure to throw away the lug nuts or keep them somewhere so he will not be able to drive the car around. If you want to be thorough take all the lug nuts off 1 side of the car and 4 off each wheel on the other side. That way they can't even rotate the lug nuts to keep the wheels on. SO basicall just leave them with 2 lug nuts on the whole car total. Should make for and interesting night for them.

They won't notice what hit them until the back of the car starts dragging on the ground
If you really have a TON of time and have nothing else to do. Just sit in the far corner of the paking lot and watch for the fun to begin.

Of course I've never done this before...but I'm just saying it's possible with the stuff I have on hand
Old 02-28-08, 12:23 PM
PushinLEX
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JeffTsai
I usually keep a toolset and also a breaker bar in my car. Never know when something is going to break down and need fixing lol. If you really want to do something inconspicuous. The stuff I have on hand is perfect.

Breaker bar = more legit damage ability and is more inconspicuous to a cop than baseball bat.
Toolset + breaker bar = socket set to remove lug nuts from 1 wheel or 2. The car will be able to stand normally but as soon as it starts rolling the tires will fall off. Make sure to throw away the lug nuts or keep them somewhere so he will not be able to drive the car around. If you want to be thorough take all the lug nuts off 1 side of the car and 4 off each wheel on the other side. That way they can't even rotate the lug nuts to keep the wheels on. SO basicall just leave them with 2 lug nuts on the whole car total. Should make for and interesting night for them.

They won't notice what hit them until the back of the car starts dragging on the ground
If you really have a TON of time and have nothing else to do. Just sit in the far corner of the paking lot and watch for the fun to begin.

Of course I've never done this before...but I'm just saying it's possible with the stuff I have on hand
HAHAHAHAHAHA, thats a bit over board as their safety is of concern now. Evil man, evil
Old 02-28-08, 12:29 PM
TruPlaya26
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Now where would we be able to buy this equipment, you know, just in case we need to change a flat
Old 02-28-08, 12:42 PM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hmmmmn and what happens when he returns to his ice cream truck with his daughter and they pull out into the main road and get broadsided because you've caused his wheels to fall off into oncoming traffic? Then they review the mall parking lot security video and see you loosening his lugs?

Just a hypothetical (which I know yours was too but CL isn't like it used to be and you have these 20 and 21 year olds thinking this is the correct way to handle it)

To the rest of the e-thugs with the baseball bats, GROW UP, it's a ding, get it fixed and get over it. Dings are a part of owning a car, luxurious or otherwise. If you're not man enough to wait for the guy to come back and confront him in person, take it as a loss and keep it moving. Especially in a case like this where you don't actually see the ding happen. Damaging someone's car when they can't see you is a biotch move, plain and simple, for them, AND FOR YOU.

What if the truck pulled into the spot 45 seconds before you got there and it was another moron that actually dinged your car?

Last edited by oohpapi44; 02-28-08 at 12:48 PM.
Old 02-28-08, 12:46 PM
twojayzee
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Some of you guys have no morals. I know how bad it pisses me off when my cars get f'd up. Ive had my car hit and run 3 times in the last year. Once in front of my house, once at lowes and once at the damn bank. I still wouldnt mess up someone elses stuff. Its just not cool. Maybe when you were 16.
Just get the plate number, file a police report and make a claim on the other parties insurance if they have any. Ive got plenty of cars messed up by other a holes. Keyed my cars in parking lots, bashed out my headlights and tail lights, windows. Had cars stolen. It makes you angry as he*l but...regarding cars...an eye for an eye would make the whole world blind.
Old 02-28-08, 12:51 PM
milky
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by oohpapi44
Hmmmmn and what happens when he returns to his ice cream truck with his daughter and they pull out into the main road and get broadsided because you've caused his wheels to fall off into oncoming traffic? Then they review the mall parking lot security video and see you loosening his lugs?

Just a hypothetical (which I know yours was too but CL isn't like it used to be and you have these 20 and 21 year olds thinking this is the correct way to handle it)

To the rest of the e-thugs with the baseball bats, GROW UP, it's a ding, get it fixed and get over it. Dings are a part of owning a car, luxurious or otherwise. If you're not man enough to wait for the guy to come back and confront him in person, take it as a loss and keep it moving. Especially in a case like this where you don't actually see the ding happen. Damaging someone's car when they can't see you is a biotch move, plain and simple, for them, AND FOR YOU.

What if the truck pulled into the spot 45 seconds before you got there and it was another moron that actually dinged your car?
Well the OP did say that he matched the ding with the black paint on the door of the ice cream truck, so it did come from the truck.

A ding is just a ding, but when it is done intentionally without leaving a note, that's not right either.
Old 02-28-08, 12:54 PM
Chumacher
Lead Lap

HAHAHAHAHHAHAA you heartless bastard. i was dying of laughter when i read that. as for me i'd just pop the tires and key all the panels. good work tho, very creative!
Old 02-28-08, 12:59 PM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by milky
Well the OP did say that he matched the ding with the black paint on the door of the ice cream truck, so it did come from the truck.

A ding is just a ding, but when it is done intentionally without leaving a note, that's not right either.
I agree but;

If it matters enough for you to 'investigate' the person causing the ding, then stay there and wait for them to come back and deal with them face to face. Nor does that make it intentional. For all he knows, the guy may not have realized he did it and would be more than willing to pay for the damages if he were approached in the correct manner. But a ding doesn't equate to a man keying another man's car.
Old 02-28-08, 01:01 PM
TruPlaya26
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by oohpapi44
Hmmmmn and what happens when he returns to his ice cream truck with his daughter and they put out into the main road and get broadsided because you've caused his wheels to fall off into oncoming traffic? Then they review the mall parking lot security video and see you loosening his lugs?

To the rest of the e-thugs with the baseball bats, GROW UP, it's a ding, get it fixed and get over it. Dings are a part of owning a car, luxurious or otherwise. If you're not man enough to wait for the guy to come back and confront him in person, take it as a loss and keep it moving. Especially in a case like this where you don't actually see the ding happen. What if the truck pulled into the spot 45 seconds before you got there and it was another moron that actually dinged your car?
I get your point, but are you saying it's better to stay there and wait for the guy to come back so you can confront him? Seeing what he did to the car he's probably an a$$hole and a fight could break out, now cops get called and you both get arrested, or if you don't know how to defend yourself or if the guy has a weapon you could end up in the hospital or worse, dead ... I'd rather go thru one of 2 options:

1) ****** up his car just like he did to yours and bite into your wallet to repair your car

or

2) Get his tag number, make and model etc. and take it to your insurance agency and hope that dumb a$$ has insurance so he can acutally pay you back ... Here in Miami like 40% of people driving around don't have any kind of insurance ...

I like option #1
Old 02-28-08, 01:08 PM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by TruPlaya26
I get your point, but are you saying it's better to stay there and wait for the guy to come back so you can confront him? Seeing what he did to the car he's probably an a$$hole and a fight could break out, now cops get called and you both get arrested, or if you don't know how to defend yourself or if the guy has a weapon you could end up in the hospital or worse, dead ... I'd rather go thru one of 2 options:

1) ****** up his car just like he did to yours and bite into your wallet to repair your car

or

2) Get his tag number, make and model etc. and take it to your insurance agency and hope that dumb a$$ has insurance so he can acutally pay you back ... Here in Miami like 40% of people driving around don't have any kind of insurance ...

I like option #1
Your option is your option to take but sorry a man admitting to 'keying' another man's car just doesn't sound right to me. If that's the route you take, I surely hope that you (or whomever) follows up and posts the story of when the guy (like I would do) walks up to you in the middle of you doing it and proceeds to knock the snot of you. And then when you're lying there, leaves a $50 bill next to you so you can get your ding fixed.

Like I said, handle it how you choose to. But I can't see one of my friends coming to me telling me he keyed someone's car and me giving him props for it.

Getting the tag number won't mean anything, his insurance is not going to pay up without a police report because there's no proof (unless you're going to go and get the paint on his door analyzed, etc).

You believe someone intentionally damages your car but you don't have time to wait for them to come back out and confront them? It must not mean that much to you, so keep it moving.

Last edited by oohpapi44; 02-28-08 at 01:11 PM.
Old 02-28-08, 01:14 PM
UZ214
Pole Position

Received 221 Likes on 163 Posts

i always park my car away from everyone and sure enough when i come back there is car right next to me, even though the whole freaking parking lot has enough space somehow people just wana park their rides right next to me.

also you would the shopping carts right next to the car, which wasn't there before but somehow it would be there.

some people just dont give a ****, they would open the door so fast without thinking there is a car next to them.
Old 02-28-08, 02:23 PM
kenkaniff
Pole Position

CALL THE POLICE NEXT TIME!!!

They'll come and be pissed, but tell them you want to file a report.

That'll be wonders for you when you call the insurance company.

And always always have a disposable camera in your glovebox.

You can take pictures with your camera phone, but the quality from film is unparallel. If you have a digital camera on you, that's even better.

Don't hesitate to call the cops, you're paying them with your tax money, so use the service.

Quick Reply: Why ME??