GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Why ME??

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-08, 09:03 AM
twojayzee
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Thought I would add this in since im the advocate in this thread for non vigilantism. Yesterday I was on a job site and drove my wifes GS430 which I dont usually do. I parked out in the open about 100 feet from the un-opened store. When I come out, this rent-a-cop is parked about a foot from the door and sure as *hit theres a dent and missing paint down to metal on the drivers door on my wifes car. I had seen this guy taking a nap accross the parking lot when I pulled in. When I went in to confront him, he told me hes very carefull and assured me he would never do anything like that. Look at your door I told him, theres not a single part of the edge of your door that has paint left on it, some of it is even bent. So I called the police, filed a report (the cop thought I was an idiot) and im going to take it as far as I can, even if its just for the principal of it. I have a photo that shows my silver paint on his green door and green paint on my silver car..
Old 03-08-08, 09:16 AM
ZippyGuy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by twojayzee
Thought I would add this in since im the advocate in this thread for non vigilantism. Yesterday I was on a job site and drove my wifes GS430 which I dont usually do. I parked out in the open about 100 feet from the un-opened store. When I come out, this rent-a-cop is parked about a foot from the door and sure as *hit theres a dent and missing paint down to metal on the drivers door on my wifes car. I had seen this guy taking a nap accross the parking lot when I pulled in. When I went in to confront him, he told me hes very carefull and assured me he would never do anything like that. Look at your door I told him, theres not a single part of the edge of your door that has paint left on it, some of it is even bent. So I called the police, filed a report (the cop thought I was an idiot) and im going to take it as far as I can, even if its just for the principal of it. I have a photo that shows my silver paint on his green door and green paint on my silver car..
I feel your pain. I had a lady at Trader Joe's put a 15 inch scratch down the side of my car with her shopping cart AND SHE DROVE AWAY before I could get out of the store. I'm still bitter............
Old 03-08-08, 09:22 AM
skaiyun
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i understand some of the points on this thread. only recently did my car start to ding up and scratched out of nowhere... i don't park close to anymore but i have business in a lot near walmart, and you know what happens....

i need a corolla......
Old 03-08-08, 09:25 AM
skaiyun
Driver

p.s. i did get $300 off a bumper scratch from someone that kissed my bumper parallel parking even though there was no car behind him. i waited for him, got his information, took witness statements, pictures, and threatened a police report & small claims. It took 4 weeks, but i did get the money back to repaint the lower portion of my bumper because only 2 weeks before I just had the bumper replaced
Old 03-08-08, 10:05 AM
DangGS3
Pole Position

damn i feel ur pain. thats why i try to park next to nice cars cuz they are more likely to care about their car just as much as me =]
Old 03-08-08, 12:14 PM
Raph TT
Pole Position

Originally Posted by TruPlaya26
I get your point, but are you saying it's better to stay there and wait for the guy to come back so you can confront him? Seeing what he did to the car he's probably an a$$hole and a fight could break out, now cops get called and you both get arrested, or if you don't know how to defend yourself or if the guy has a weapon you could end up in the hospital or worse, dead ... I'd rather go thru one of 2 options:

1) ****** up his car just like he did to yours and bite into your wallet to repair your car

or

2) Get his tag number, make and model etc. and take it to your insurance agency and hope that dumb a$$ has insurance so he can acutally pay you back ... Here in Miami like 40% of people driving around don't have any kind of insurance ...

I like option #1

Thats nuts!here,if you dont have proof of insurance:you cant get the car liscened and you cant get plastes either.

If you lose insurance,the company will let the dmv know automatically.

Last edited by Raph TT; 03-08-08 at 12:26 PM.
Old 03-08-08, 12:55 PM
Chumacher
Lead Lap

i drive a second car i dont like as much when i have to go places that will inevitably be filled with morons who dont know how to drive or respect other peoples property. you cant and wont change how careless people are, no matter how many revenge tire slashings, window smashes, keying frenzies, etc. you do, its just not gonna happen. you have to adapt and figure out a way to deal... back to the lug nuts: IF, i mean IF somehow i were ever in a position to have ACCIDENTALLY and UNKNOWINGLY hurt your car (which would prevent me from leaving a note with my info), and you prepped my car for the wheels to fall off when i got a few miles down the road, you better pray to god i die. because if im not dead, i will find you and not only will you end up in jail, everything you ever owned will be mine. please people, grow up and handle yourselves like you're actually old enough to drive - don't bother disagreeing with me, it will only further prove my point.
relax bud. i think the cl member that wrote that comment about the lugs was joking around. i'm glad you took so much offence to it. this is a forum, not a courtroom. people can say what they wanna say. and about your "second car," some people aren't as fortunate to be able to afford that. in my city the cops would laugh at someone filing a report with no evidence but the paint rubbed off on the other persons door. sometimes street justice is the only justice you'll get.
Old 03-08-08, 04:59 PM
flipicanez
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Some of you Effers scare me!!
Old 03-08-08, 05:01 PM
LexFather

They are still trying to find the valet who scratched my rim. j/k

This thread is closed, way off topic and just to much to clean up