GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Why ME??

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-08, 07:27 AM
Ckroush
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why ME??

So I had to run to the mall yesterday. I parked away from all the other cars. When I get back to my car about 30 minutes later, I see this POS ice cream truck parked right on top of me. There are 60,000 other parking spaces and he chose to not only park beside me, but to park less than two feet from my passenger door.

I check the door and sure enough, there's a deep gouge. I thought that maybe a rock hit me, so I checked his door and right there on a sharp corner is black paint from my car. This gouge is about an inch long and extremely noticeable. It took every bit of paint off and the bare metal is exposed.

I keyed this ***** out of his van but it's not like it really matters. The van was beat to hell and had rusted bolts everywhere. I wish I would've had a baseball bat and I could've taken out a few windows, the taillights and headlights.

What do you do in a situation like this? I couldn't wait an hour for him to get back and give him *****. If I told him to pay for it, he'd tell me to ***** off and I wouldn't be able to do anything.

How can I fix the door? It's REALLY deep and I know an auto body place is going to want to repaint the entire door and then they'll want to paint the rear door and fender so everything matches and it'll run me $1500. Touch-up paint will hide it a little bit but it's so deep that it'll still be noticeable.
Old 02-28-08, 07:33 AM
MikeyK02
Instructor

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts

Eeeek. sorry to hear about your run in. But taking it out on that other car wont change anything.

As far as the door scratch, touch up paint works wonders!
Old 02-28-08, 07:35 AM
TruPlaya26
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You shoulda gotten his License Plate # and leave a note on his windshield that the bill will be arriving at his house within the next few weeks ...

-On a side note I always have a bat in the trunk of the car in case of "emergencies" ...

-O yea and touch-up paint from Lexus works pretty well ...

Last edited by TruPlaya26; 02-28-08 at 08:13 AM.
Old 02-28-08, 07:36 AM
Yea Buddy
Rookie

Damn man, thats some fu**ed up ******, if i was u i woulda robbed his van and sold all the ice cream real quick, then came back and ran his pockets, take his clothes down to the boxers then take all his mall bags and return all his ****. maybe u woulda came out even.
Old 02-28-08, 07:59 AM
Chumacher
Lead Lap

in my city there's a person that fixes minor dents without having to repaint. ask mechanic shops and dealerships if they know of anyone that can do that. when the dent is out dab on some touch up paint and buff the hell out of it. apply some wax and it should be good. carry a knife with you "just in case." next time puncture his tires and carve out "****K YOU" on the side of his truck. hope everything goes well. takecare
Old 02-28-08, 08:00 AM
kit cat

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Yea Buddy
Damn man, thats some fu**ed up ******, if i was u i woulda robbed his van and sold all the ice cream real quick, then came back and ran his pockets, take his clothes down to the boxers then take all his mall bags and return all his ****. maybe u woulda came out even.
LMAO! screw selling them, i'd stock pile all that ice cream for myself
Old 02-28-08, 09:49 AM
kevs98GS4
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Coco-bun
LMAO! screw selling them, i'd stock pile all that ice cream for myself
+1
Old 02-28-08, 10:00 AM
PushinLEX
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Aww man thats garbage. I would have waited for him. I would buff the wounded area out first, just to get any mars or blemishes out. Once cleaned, apply touch up paint and let it cure for a couple days. You can attempt to wet sand over that, but you have to be pretty good at that kinda stuff in order to pull it out. I would just apply compound and paint cleaner then polish and wax.

Keying a truck like that will do nothing. I would have waited for him or taken out his windows and tires if you were gonnna just leave. Thats why I always carry a buck knife in the arm rest and a mag lite in the glove.

GL with the repairs.
Old 02-28-08, 10:07 AM
4ntvings
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by TruPlaya26
-On a side note I always have a bat in the trunk of the car in case of "emergencies" ...well ...
in the sunny state of CA, a bat in the trunk must be justified with some other sports equipment or it may be retained (obviously if one looks the part of a thug, the bat will be retained).

sorry to hear about what happened. hope you get it fixed soon to return your happiness to enjoy your car.
Old 02-28-08, 10:12 AM
kit cat

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Ckroush
I wish I would've had a baseball bat and I could've taken out a few windows, the taillights and headlights.
Originally Posted by PushinLEX
Keying a truck like that will do nothing. I would have waited for him or taken out his windows and tires if you were gonnna just leave. Thats why I always carry a buck knife in the arm rest and a mag lite in the glove.
note to self: don't mess with CL members.
Old 02-28-08, 10:31 AM
handzilla
Pit Crew

This happened to me at the mall when I was Christmas shopping a couple months ago. Was steamed!!! Only say that my mirror was turned in then noticed the scratch much later. Too bad I noticed the mirror after I had already driven off. Now I'm a little more observant.
Old 02-28-08, 11:09 AM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

The guy most likely did it on purpose. Some people will purposely look for nice cars parked bythemselves and then park their POS right next to them to **** the owner off and some will even dent it with their door.

I was getting a ride home from a coworker in a BMW 5 series that he babied and we stopped at the mall so he could meet his girlfriend. He parked out of the way but he said some ahole will most likely park right next to him. Just like he said we come out and some guy in a beat up tinted out Chevy pickup parked right next to him and dented his door. He could easily tell from the same paint it left and the mark on the pickups door. He pulled out a peice of paper and wrote something like thanks ahole for going out of your way to dent my car and I am just paying you back for what you did. He then pulled out a knife, stabbed and flatend all four tires and pulled out a tire iron and smashed the front windshild and broke the driver window and put a big dent in the drivers door, then he put the note in the windsheild. I thought he went overboard at the time but I know how angry it makes you and just by seeing the pickup with all the stupid stickers on it I know the guy was an ahole who owned it.

I probrably would have called mall security and see if there is anything they can do and get his license and report it to your insurance company. Calling the cops is really a waste because they have better things to do unless one happens to be driving by then I would wave him down and see if he will make it official. If you had a camera you could take pics. Waiting for him will not do much unless you just want to cuss him out as most likely they could care less and are not going to pay you anything. Depending on my mood if I was certain they did it on purpose and heavily dented my car I could see myself flattening his tires and maybe breaking his windsheild but they have cameras at malls and it might just lead to me getting in trouble.

Actually I think parking all out alone attracts more aholes to screw with your car so I just park near everyone else and try to park a little farther from the driver said door and away from coupes with big doors.
Old 02-28-08, 11:19 AM
macd7919
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

That happens to me ALL the time, I park out in East BumF *K and someone always parks right next to me, luckily no dents yet (knock on wood), When I had my Supra I parked it a long ways away in the parking lot next to a dumpster and I can out after being inside for an hour and there was a huge ding in the passenger door...I almost blew an o-ring.
Old 02-28-08, 11:34 AM
TruPlaya26
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 4ntvings
in the sunny state of CA, a bat in the trunk must be justified with some other sports equipment or it may be retained (obviously if one looks the part of a thug, the bat will be retained).

sorry to hear about what happened. hope you get it fixed soon to return your happiness to enjoy your car.
Well we don't have as many rules here in the sunny state of Florida so it's cool ... But if they need other sports equipment as justification it's ok cuz I have my cleats and a football in the trunk at all times as well ... Although cleats can also be a weapon I've never used them as such

-Also, what would make someone look the part of a thug? young guy with tattoos or piercings maybe? well I'm turning 20 in a month, I've got tattoos AND piercings, but I seriously don't consider myself a thug, then again if someone puposely damages my car, I may have to change up my personality a bit

Last edited by TruPlaya26; 02-28-08 at 11:37 AM.
Old 02-28-08, 11:39 AM
EN_VY
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I see there are a lot of agressive people here @ clublex.

Quick Reply: Why ME??