GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

TunerZine + Me!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-08, 11:25 PM
808d-no
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice ride dude. pics are crazy sweet
Old 02-29-08, 01:00 AM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 4ntvings
... the glock?...
Originally Posted by tmf2004
Nice pics except for the firearm on the arm rest...
Originally Posted by bluelex
...I don't like the Gun in the picture...

Originally Posted by carbongs
thanks, what's wrong with the gun? it's completely legal...
Originally Posted by TicaLis300
...for those of you that have issues with the firearm.. may i ask why?...
to answer your questions... whats wrong with the gun? nothing. whats wrong with owning one? nothing. "issues" with the firearm? none. I'm pretty sure i speak for not only myself but also for the majority of registered/concealed carry/pistol owners: this is simply a tasteless display and flaunt of a weapon. you make yourself look like an idiot for showing it off. and before you get yourselves all worked up, im not calling you an idiot, you know what i typed, i said you make yourself look like one. just because "the photographer thought it would be a funny idea" you should still be responsible enough to say "no thanks" ill keep it in my pants... im sure you'll post a clever rebuttal explaining how it wasnt done to make somebody look like a hardass, but theres no good reason you will ever be able to give me to prove otherwise, so therefore, that picture is just absolutely dumb. i can guarantee it will never be used in "tunerzines" actual coverage because someone intelligent in the editing department will see it and cut it before it ever has a chance to make it to print. you dont display guns for "fun", ever. the glock doesnt exactly look like a fuzzy bunny rabbit that you just happened to throw in as a prop for the photo shoot... its just bad form and people that arent mature enough to grasp this concept are the ones that really shouldnt be allowed to own guns. i know laws are different from state to state and some states allow public display, but just because its "allowed" doesnt mean its "cool"...

all bs'ing aside, the only time anyone should ever see that glock of yours is if they're on the receiving end of it about to try to kill you and your defending your own life because you are positive they are putting it in jeopardy.

i cant really apologize for going "OT", you both asked what peoples problems were with the gun. enjoy.
Old 02-29-08, 05:08 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Automan
Adrian I know you are a mod and you need to keep the peace but if someone opens their mouth to say something hateful of course someone else is going to respond with hateful words.

Mark I think you missed my point, I don't want to really go ot with this or off topic but my point is you can defend yourself if you feel the need to but we are all adults and it can be done with a constructive response in an adult manner. The initial comment that triggered all this was written in a clean, adult manner. The cursing and ranting that followed is what we don't want to see. You can debate anything you want and respond to a car you don't like just as much as to one you do like. Its an internet forum. Tony and all of us are exposing ourselves to people's opinions. Not all will be good but if its a well written opinion its ok..That said lets keep this on topic.

Last edited by bluelex; 02-29-08 at 07:05 AM.
Old 02-29-08, 05:22 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,239 Likes on 1,358 Posts

Originally Posted by Automan
Adrian I know you are a mod and you need to keep the peace but if someone opens their mouth to say something hateful of course someone else is going to respond with hateful words.
And in addition to Adrian's comments - it's against our forum rules.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/faq...ponse_comments
Response to Comments
If you have a problem with another member's comments in a posted thread, do not respond with any further comments that will aggravate the situation. Reacting to a hostile post with more hostility also puts you in jeopardy, and puts you at risk for action against your account even if it was initially another member’s fault – it takes two to argue. Members have two options of recourse:

1) Email or private message the moderators of the forum in which the offensive comment is posted, directing them to the individual and thread in which the problem occurs. Use the "Notify a Moderator" button on the bottom of the offensive post to accomplish the same thing. Moderators will look into the issues and take the appropriate actions.

2) Resolve the problem between both of you via email or Private Message (PM).
You have a problem that you think warrants a personal attack against somebody else because of something they posted? Report the post .

If you elect to curse and attack the other member, that puts you in exactly the same position as the person who started the problem and takes the entire thread downhill, just as it did in this case.

TicaLis300, I'm going to ask you to exit this thread from this point forward please.
Old 02-29-08, 05:23 AM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Usually, I can care less about your millions of picture posts of your car that we've all seen...but this time Tony, the pics look HOT (except for the tasteless one with the glock...and yes, I own a glock as well but don't care for others to see pics of it) Its amazing what good photography does to a car. I really enjoyed clicking on this thread this time! Congrats on the feature!

speedy
Old 02-29-08, 05:28 AM
k.r.e.a.m.
Pole Position

wow, all the mess and fuss over personal expression? we're all (GS)brothers in the same game.

it's funny how the guy who actually hi-jacks a thread always starts his post by saying "dude, i'm not trying to hi-jack your thread" then he goes right out and proves himself wrong.

the good thing is that we're all big boys and girls and i'm sure no personal point is/was being made with malice intent.

back on point: carbon the car is the HOTNESS! i can't wait to see it around town......i keep looking for you when i'm up and down 85 or back and forth on 285. one of these days i'll probably run into you at a chevron buying gas or something. keep up the good work man and keep the pic's coming.
Old 02-29-08, 09:22 AM
Jedidiah
Pole Position

The Photos are incredible!! Tony, were are the Hi-Res!?!?
Old 02-29-08, 09:40 AM
slammed_gs
Lead Lap

i cant hate...........pics/car look sick
Old 02-29-08, 09:45 AM
GGPIS3
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
And in addition to Adrian's comments - it's against our forum rules.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/faq...ponse_comments

You have a problem that you think warrants a personal attack against somebody else because of something they posted? Report the post .

If you elect to curse and attack the other member, that puts you in exactly the same position as the person who started the problem and takes the entire thread downhill, just as it did in this case.

TicaLis300, I'm going to ask you to exit this thread from this point forward please.
dave.. no reason for me to leave this thread. i recognized my error and all is good. im a reasonable man just went a little over the top. guess you could say i woke up on the wrong side of the bed..

if you still feel the need to moderate me, feel free...
Old 02-29-08, 09:58 AM
GGPIS3
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by upstateGS4

to answer your questions... whats wrong with the gun? nothing. whats wrong with owning one? nothing. "issues" with the firearm? none. I'm pretty sure i speak for not only myself but also for the majority of registered/concealed carry/pistol owners: this is simply a tasteless display and flaunt of a weapon. you make yourself look like an idiot for showing it off. and before you get yourselves all worked up, im not calling you an idiot, you know what i typed, i said you make yourself look like one. just because "the photographer thought it would be a funny idea" you should still be responsible enough to say "no thanks" ill keep it in my pants... im sure you'll post a clever rebuttal explaining how it wasnt done to make somebody look like a hardass, but theres no good reason you will ever be able to give me to prove otherwise, so therefore, that picture is just absolutely dumb. i can guarantee it will never be used in "tunerzines" actual coverage because someone intelligent in the editing department will see it and cut it before it ever has a chance to make it to print. you dont display guns for "fun", ever. the glock doesnt exactly look like a fuzzy bunny rabbit that you just happened to throw in as a prop for the photo shoot... its just bad form and people that arent mature enough to grasp this concept are the ones that really shouldnt be allowed to own guns. i know laws are different from state to state and some states allow public display, but just because its "allowed" doesnt mean its "cool"...

all bs'ing aside, the only time anyone should ever see that glock of yours is if they're on the receiving end of it about to try to kill you and your defending your own life because you are positive they are putting it in jeopardy.

i cant really apologize for going "OT", you both asked what peoples problems were with the gun. enjoy.
everyone has their opinion and i respect yours. the idea was actually mine... i will take the credit or bad rap for it...

we just had an idea of possibly calling the shoot.. "locked n loaded" or something to that degree. at the moment it felt like a good idea. we're not gangbangers and hold a ccw permit in the state of ga, but even w/o the permit it is completely legal to keep a firearms in the car at all times.

if it is in the car.. it MUST be visible or locked in the glove box. well as you can see, tony's glovebox doesn't have much storage space with the ipod, convertor and ps2 in there. regardless, there was no intent to portray a gangster mentality.. more than anything.. it was a spur of the moment idea... that some people liked and some people didn't. can't please everyone. we were thinking..sleek car.. sleek gun.. black car.. .black gun.. armrest looks bare..lets see how it looks. looked good, so we took the pic. simple as that.

oh well.. you live and you learn.. i still think the pic was badass.
Old 02-29-08, 11:00 AM
LexFather

Exclamation

Originally Posted by TicaLis300
dave.. no reason for me to leave this thread. i recognized my error and all is good. im a reasonable man just went a little over the top. guess you could say i woke up on the wrong side of the bed..

if you still feel the need to moderate me, feel free...
Dan, you were asked nicely to exit the thread by our CL administrator. This is not an option in this thread. These are rules everyone has to abide by.

This thread is going nowhere, its gone off-topic to many times and it has now run its course.

I am closing this thread and if Dave wants to re-open it, he can chose to do so.