GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

farewell CL: i feel young again... but miss being old

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-08, 09:52 AM
swollio
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default farewell CL: i feel young again... but miss being old

i parted away from my 01 GS430 last wk and got me a 04 G35 coupe. i will surely miss this community bc you guys are so helpful and have so much knowledge. i wish i could of keep the GS too, but i cant afford to do so at this time. Hopefully i will be able to buy another 2GS within another year. Overall, the GS was great with its power and luxury, but i started to lose my passion and love for it after the accident, even though it was fix, but i knew that "she" was not the same. I've always wanted the G35 since it first came out and now i finally have the chance to get it. the G35 is great w/ its handling, but no where near the luxury of the GS. For some reason, i feel the need to speed more in the G35.... rather than cruising in the GS..... anyways. thanks for everything my fellow 2GS, you guys have been a great source of help. I will be back!

GS pic:

G35 pics:

Last edited by swollio; 03-20-08 at 10:23 AM.
Old 03-10-08, 09:59 AM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

Congrats on the G35! I'm sure you're GS will be missed.
Old 03-10-08, 10:05 AM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good luck with the G35 but I know you'll be BACK
Old 03-10-08, 10:07 AM
UZ214
Pole Position

Received 221 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by LEXUS_KID
Good luck with the G35 but I know you'll be BACK
hes right...you will be back
Old 03-10-08, 10:18 AM
NBart
Pole Position

Question, why not the G37?
Old 03-10-08, 10:29 AM
swollio
Driver

Originally Posted by NBart
Question, why not the G37?
thats currently out of my league at this time ($ wise), but im aiming at getting that once i graduate this summer (and of course find a job)!!! no more tuition bills ftw
Old 03-10-08, 10:49 AM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

Holy cow man. I just looked at your sig. That's A LOT of cars for a college student lol. My first car was a Camry, then got a old Buick for about a year, and then got the GS. And yes I'm still in school too lol.
Old 03-10-08, 11:12 AM
VipDout
19x11.5 -51

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JeffTsai
Holy cow man. I just looked at your sig. That's A LOT of cars for a college student lol. My first car was a Camry, then got a old Buick for about a year, and then got the GS. And yes I'm still in school too lol.
that is alot of cars .. DAMN ... But the gs will find you again !
Old 03-10-08, 11:12 AM
PushinLEX
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

good luck with the G35
Old 03-10-08, 11:21 AM
milky
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nice pickup on the g35! but you should def get another gs soon! good luck!
Old 03-10-08, 12:57 PM
kphu
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

That's a sweet looking GS430! Good luck with the G35, hopefully it won't be in the shop too much.
Old 03-10-08, 04:04 PM
kenkaniff
Pole Position

Just wondering swollio, how come the car was never the same again??

What was it about the car that made you feel like it was different?

The suspension?

How bad of an accident was it?

Congrats on the G35, I always wanted one too but it's still out of my price league. Good luck!
Old 03-10-08, 04:34 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Congrats on the new car.. 3 years is a long time to be a dedicated member.. GL..
Old 03-10-08, 04:53 PM
TRD911
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Every time I read this I laugh.. I keep it in a folder in my mailbox. A buddy of mine has a G35 and he has all kinds of little annoying issues. This was on another website.. but I will copy and past..

It is from...http://forums.nicoclub.com/zerothread/315123 and is not mine but I THINK it is really funny. It describes his issues pretty well.. and he has a back up Nissan as well.. lol. It will fix itself.. ha.

good luck with your new car..

BP

"CalgaryG:
I am sorry to say this, but welcome to the unusual world of the G-35. The G-35 thinks for itself. I have been saying this for a while on this forum. The G-35 is an unusual car in many respects. If you accept this fact of life, then you will sleep easy. Divorce your mind form normalcy and luxury if you hope to own this car for a long time.

I am of the belief that my car pushes 325 Bhp on some days and then on some, it barely makes 300 bhp. Of course, this is with the mods I have on the car. On the days it feels like behaving like a stubborn a$$, I quickly drive it home and park it. Thank God for my other little Nissan that performs more consistently everyday.

Thinks flicker all the time in my car, and I pay no mind to it. My philosophy with my car is that, it will fix itself when it has taken enough of its meds. The meds being---flog the hell out of the car. This is the only langauge the G-35 understands. Surprisingly, the car does fix itself.

Trust me on this one, there is nothing really wrong with your car. The dealership won't find anything significant. So long as the car starts, forget about anything else and drive to your hearts delight. Anyway, I didn't buy the car for the electronics. If you want electronic marvel, then I suggest you get a Lexus or a BMW.

The G-35 is a crude car in luxury design. Guess what, the crudeness is what i love about the car. I love to hear the rattle of the transmission and suspension parts when I drive--it makes me feel connected to the road. I drive with my wondows down all day--in summer and winter. Somewhere on my pulleys, there is a small ringing sound when i accelerate. I used to worry about this, but now I don't, especially after realizing that the car is filled with so many aesthetic imperfections.

Even the tires make so much noise as it ages. Do I care? No! Because every noise I hear is music to my ears. A real sports car as you will find it on the track is very noisy inside form all manner of aesthetic imperfections. So, is the g-35 Coupe. Even my chairs squek and move when I am experiencing some Gs when I drive around curves. Do I car? No! I actually love it. Sometimes I feel the seat will leave its hinges before the car leaves the teack.

If you are seeking refinement in all areas of the car, you will be very unhappy every waking moment of your car ownership. There is so much that will keep you experiencing buyers remorse everyday.

The only expensive items that are sound in a G-35 Coupe are, engine, transmission, and suspension. Even then, some had engine problems from oil consumption, and some had transmission problems. Well, Infiniti is fixing most of these problems.

Of all the small cars I have driven, the G-35 motor and transmission, if you have a good one, has one of the highest levels of tolerance for punishment. Again, this is unsual for a small car of that price. This si what you get for big bucks sports cars.

Infiniti spent a lot of time optimizing engine performance with transmission response, and suspension handling. They totally forgot the electronics and interior issues with luxury cars. And for that, I am glad that their forget fulness has led to a car whose driving behavior is closer to a track car than a street car--thus creeating real excitement in driving. It is partly this behavior that will keep the G-35 ahead in sales than the G-37 for many years to come.

The G-35 Coupe is totally raw. Expect squeaks from everywhere and expect the electronics to behave in a wayward manner. This car is simply for driving and nothing more. Expect nothing more. Flog the car. It drives better that way.

Take car in for check anyways, if you are under warranty. Can't hurt to get a free check up on the car. But I doubt anything big is up. You wil be fine.

"
Old 03-10-08, 08:18 PM
Lettuce
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by TRD911
Every time I read this I laugh.. I keep it in a folder in my mailbox. A buddy of mine has a G35 and he has all kinds of little annoying issues. This was on another website.. but I will copy and past..

It is from...http://forums.nicoclub.com/zerothread/315123 and is not mine but I THINK it is really funny. It describes his issues pretty well.. and he has a back up Nissan as well.. lol. It will fix itself.. ha.

good luck with your new car..

BP

"CalgaryG:
I am sorry to say this, but welcome to the unusual world of the G-35. The G-35 thinks for itself. I have been saying this for a while on this forum. The G-35 is an unusual car in many respects. If you accept this fact of life, then you will sleep easy. Divorce your mind form normalcy and luxury if you hope to own this car for a long time.

I am of the belief that my car pushes 325 Bhp on some days and then on some, it barely makes 300 bhp. Of course, this is with the mods I have on the car. On the days it feels like behaving like a stubborn a$$, I quickly drive it home and park it. Thank God for my other little Nissan that performs more consistently everyday.

Thinks flicker all the time in my car, and I pay no mind to it. My philosophy with my car is that, it will fix itself when it has taken enough of its meds. The meds being---flog the hell out of the car. This is the only langauge the G-35 understands. Surprisingly, the car does fix itself.

Trust me on this one, there is nothing really wrong with your car. The dealership won't find anything significant. So long as the car starts, forget about anything else and drive to your hearts delight. Anyway, I didn't buy the car for the electronics. If you want electronic marvel, then I suggest you get a Lexus or a BMW.

The G-35 is a crude car in luxury design. Guess what, the crudeness is what i love about the car. I love to hear the rattle of the transmission and suspension parts when I drive--it makes me feel connected to the road. I drive with my wondows down all day--in summer and winter. Somewhere on my pulleys, there is a small ringing sound when i accelerate. I used to worry about this, but now I don't, especially after realizing that the car is filled with so many aesthetic imperfections.

Even the tires make so much noise as it ages. Do I care? No! Because every noise I hear is music to my ears. A real sports car as you will find it on the track is very noisy inside form all manner of aesthetic imperfections. So, is the g-35 Coupe. Even my chairs squek and move when I am experiencing some Gs when I drive around curves. Do I car? No! I actually love it. Sometimes I feel the seat will leave its hinges before the car leaves the teack.

If you are seeking refinement in all areas of the car, you will be very unhappy every waking moment of your car ownership. There is so much that will keep you experiencing buyers remorse everyday.

The only expensive items that are sound in a G-35 Coupe are, engine, transmission, and suspension. Even then, some had engine problems from oil consumption, and some had transmission problems. Well, Infiniti is fixing most of these problems.

Of all the small cars I have driven, the G-35 motor and transmission, if you have a good one, has one of the highest levels of tolerance for punishment. Again, this is unsual for a small car of that price. This si what you get for big bucks sports cars.

Infiniti spent a lot of time optimizing engine performance with transmission response, and suspension handling. They totally forgot the electronics and interior issues with luxury cars. And for that, I am glad that their forget fulness has led to a car whose driving behavior is closer to a track car than a street car--thus creeating real excitement in driving. It is partly this behavior that will keep the G-35 ahead in sales than the G-37 for many years to come.

The G-35 Coupe is totally raw. Expect squeaks from everywhere and expect the electronics to behave in a wayward manner. This car is simply for driving and nothing more. Expect nothing more. Flog the car. It drives better that way.

Take car in for check anyways, if you are under warranty. Can't hurt to get a free check up on the car. But I doubt anything big is up. You wil be fine.

"

thats kind of funny, but then kind of not, but then again....disturbing

Quick Reply: farewell CL: i feel young again... but miss being old