GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Just bought new GS300 from Longo!

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-02, 12:10 AM
trevorbell
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Just bought new GS300 from Longo!

All,

This is my first post here. I'd just like to share my experience buying a 2002 GS300. I live in SoCal and had heard good things about Longo Lexus from some friends of friends so I decided to email them and my local dealer to request pricing and availability on my desired car. Marc Evans from Longo contacted me promptly with pricing and followed up with a phone call to discuss my options. My local dealer (South Bay Lexus) took nearly a week to get back to me, and only then by phone without a quote.

Longo's price was excellent and Marc was very professional so I decided to deal with him, despite the distance from my residence. It turns out the particular options I wanted (Black on Black w/ Nav + ML) were very hard to come by. Marc offered to give me a Black on Black w/ Premium but after some discussion I decided it was best to wait for my preferred model. This was my first "luxury" automobile so I wanted to make it count. I placed the order and he indicated the wait would be 6-8 weeks (possibly longer).

Well no more than 3 weeks had gone by when I receive my greatly anticipated call from Marc that my vehicle had arrived off the dock and was now at the dealership. Marc and his colleagues treated me with the utmost respect and refrained from any "hard sell" techniques. The buying experience was absolutely stress-free and I urge anyone in SoCal considering a new Lexus to contact Marc Evans at Longo. It was truly a joy doing business with them.

Now, on to my first question.... where can I get some chrome wheels for this baby?
Old 02-04-02, 12:25 AM
JPritch
Rookie

Dude,

Congratulations on your new ride@!

You have the ultimate color and option package in my opinion.

Enjoy the new car, I envy you!
Old 02-04-02, 07:02 AM
///MDex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Just bought new GS300 from Longo!

Originally posted by trevorbell
Now, on to my first question.... where can I get some chrome wheels for this baby?
Welcome to C/L, and congrats on your purchase - sounds like a beautiful ride.

Head over to the Wheels forum if you haven't already and cruise through the threads. From what I understand, there are a number of great wheel shops at your disposal in Cali or post a thread there; the experts will provide you the data you're looking for.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/for...=76&daysprune=

HTH
Old 02-04-02, 07:08 AM
JohnnySC
Lexus Test Driver

Congrats on your new ride!!!!!
Old 02-04-02, 07:16 AM
lex430
Lead Lap

I bought my car from Mark also, very professional, I really liked their no haggle, hassle free sales policy, the whole deal was such a relaxing experience, I was literally shocked. I did my homework, and was ready to put up a fight, ready to negotiate, got every single number down, but didn't get a chance to use any..., Financing was straight through, no hidden charges, I was literally in shock how easy, smooth it is to buy a car!!! Compare to our 6+ hours of pulling teeth at honda a few years back,
Old 02-04-02, 11:15 AM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Default Re: Just bought new GS300 from Longo!

Trevor,

Thanks for the kind words. It was truly my pleasure to be of service to you.

Regarding chromes, I don't believe that item ever came up in our discussion's. If you want to add the 16" factory chromes, I can do it for $800. Other than that there are ton's of L-tuned, L-sportline or after-market wheels available. Please let me know if I can help you with any of these.

Thanks again,

Marc Evans
Longo Lexus
Internet Sales Manager
(626) 580-6278
marc.evans@longolexus.com
Old 02-04-02, 01:56 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

trevor,

congrats on your new GS ..for rims idea, take a look at the wheels forum, manaray and i have listed several wheel makers site for cl guys' reference.

email me if you see any jdm wheels that you like..if you like l-sports...peter at wheelexperts.com has good price

william
lexusbill@clublexus.com
Old 02-05-02, 01:17 AM
trevorbell
Driver School Candidate

Guys,

Thanks for all the kind words. I have a few questions for you all.

1. I do a lot of freeway driving. I am considering putting some of that 3M film protectant on the car. Any experiences with this?

2. I bought some Zaino this weekend. Has anyone used this with the 3M protectant? Which do I put on first?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 02-05-02, 06:19 AM
clivej
Pole Position

Hi guys,
Trevorbell, talk to Sal Zaino about his product, but i would think you should put the zaino 1st howevewr i strongly suggest you speak to Sal first.
clive
Old 02-05-02, 10:15 AM
mcgong
Lexus Test Driver

I also suggest if you are going to do a lot of freeway driving to look into Expel or Stone Guard to protect you lights and front end.

Congrats on the new car. I was thinking about going to Longo as well but go lazy and didn't want to make the drive at there, so I ended up at Westminster Lexus instead. I mainly worked with the beautiful Ladies in the internet sales department. They made the experience very pleasant.
Old 03-07-02, 04:25 AM
blue wax
Lead Lap

Default congrats

goo,d you chosen the best car there is

congrats man
jacko
Old 03-07-02, 06:03 AM
alexus
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Talking Re: Just bought new GS300 from Longo!

All,

first of all

congratulations) although in my opinion you should've gone for GS430)

and about rims+tires try

http://www.tirerack.com
Old 03-07-02, 07:44 AM
lex430
Lead Lap

Guys,

Thanks for all the kind words. I have a few questions for you all.

1. I do a lot of freeway driving. I am considering putting some of that 3M film protectant on the car. Any experiences with this?

2. I bought some Zaino this weekend. Has anyone used this with the 3M protectant? Which do I put on first?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
If you are interested in xpel, email me, I am in the process of arranging to have xpel installed on my car. Maybe we can get better deal if we go together

I have receive many positive feedbacks from people on this board that have xpel, seems to be a good product, and I just had my hood/bumper repainted, so I want to keep that smooth surface!!

apogee98@yahoo.com