GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)
View Poll Results: Which finish to get hmmmm
Silver(powdercoat)
15.38%
Brushed Aluminum
84.62%
Matte Black
0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Which finish to get for Work Varianza T1S

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-08, 10:38 AM
UGKkllr
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which finish to get for Work Varianza T1S

So after lookin for a nice set of used wheels I finally came to the conclusion that I cant find what I want. So Im ordering a set of work varianzas from d2. Im gettin 19x8.5 for the front and 10's in the back. The car is silver and is about to get the vertex kit put on in about 2 weeks. Im also gettin the JP 3 piece rear spoiler and roof spoiler as well as the abFlug grill to give u a visual. So should I get matte black, silver powdercoat finish or brushed aluminum finish ? Im also not 100 percent certain that Im keepin the car millenium silver tho. I know the black would look the best as it sits now. But what if I decide to spray it a different color ? I know Id end up goin with some kinda of blue color if I dont just respray the factory paint instead. Does anyone actually have these wheels on their 2gs? I searched alot over the last several days and only found a few pics if any cars at all with them. I did find em on a benz tho and they look sick. Anyone know what finish that is in the pic ?
Attached Thumbnails Which finish to get for Work Varianza T1S-benz-on-varianzas.jpg  
Old 05-03-08, 11:38 AM
Kyle Harty
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Just to put it out there before I answer, I'm biased against black wheels; I hate them on anything other than black and don't even care much for them on a black car.

That being said, on a silver car I'd go with the silver wheels although brushed would look good as well, especially if you paint it blue the brushed would be my choice. That's just my taste though and it's not really worth much on anyone's car but mine, take it for what it's worth.
Old 05-03-08, 11:46 AM
chrispy

Received 79 Likes on 37 Posts

Silver and black FTL. Brushed all the way.
Old 05-03-08, 12:29 PM
k.r.e.a.m.
Pole Position

i read your post and was ready to give you a slick response like "go with the brushed, it's soooo sick" but then i read your sig and noticed that you've had two Saleens and a SVT Cobra and sold all 3, WTF?
Old 05-03-08, 12:56 PM
UGKkllr
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Kyle Harty
Just to put it out there before I answer, I'm biased against black wheels; I hate them on anything other than black and don't even care much for them on a black car.

That being said, on a silver car I'd go with the silver wheels although brushed would look good as well, especially if you paint it blue the brushed would be my choice. That's just my taste though and it's not really worth much on anyone's car but mine, take it for what it's worth.

interesting cuz I never liked black on black .Even now I dont really go crazy for black on black on a 2gs. I kinda think that silver is the only color car I could see puttin black wheels on again. Maybe I'll change my mind , who knows.

Originally Posted by c.r.e.a.m.
i read your post and was ready to give you a slick response like "go with the brushed, it's soooo sick" but then i read your sig and noticed that you've had two Saleens and a SVT Cobra and sold all 3, WTF?

Those cars were fast and fun to drive but the quality was garbage. Somethin always breaks with them cars. I can easily go and buy another cobra but for now I want a unique project thats both show and go. Plus Im bout to turn 32 and my taste in cars is rapidly evolving. I do plan on buying a new vette next year tho, once the novelty of my completed 2gs has worn offa lil. My goal ,which I will achieve, is to have a fully built 2gs and a new vette with a power adder or heads/cams fillin the 2 spaces in my garage .
Old 05-03-08, 02:51 PM
4ntvings
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

std silver or brushed.
i'm old school.
Old 05-03-08, 05:42 PM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by 4ntvings
std silver or brushed.
i'm old school.
What he said
Old 05-03-08, 08:55 PM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is easy:

Brushed Aluminum
Old 05-04-08, 07:24 AM
UGKkllr
Intermediate

seems like brushed aluminum is a def crowd pleaser. Im off to the college park show for the day woohoo
Old 05-05-08, 08:46 AM
UGKkllr
Intermediate

wow all those views and only 13 votes ? yikes
Old 05-05-08, 12:40 PM
milky
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

silver or brushed.. yup
Old 05-05-08, 12:48 PM
UGKkllr
Intermediate

ya it looks like my instincts were right. Brushed finish is what I was thinkin from the start. Esp considering I might paint the car a new color. I wish I could see some pics other then whats on all the dealers websites. Seems like no one really has these wheels which is a plus in my book.
Old 05-05-08, 01:37 PM
SoCalSC4
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Without even seeing the color of your car I voted brushed.

It would be a shame to use a beautiful wheel like that and paint it black.

Silver is nice enough, but you just can't touch the sparkle a brushed wheel gives you!
Old 05-05-08, 08:24 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Whats up bro? I feel so bad for you man, your suffering from what I call "analysis paralysis". Its when you have so many good choices that you simply spiral into a frenzy trying to choose! lol

I think' Id go with the brushed for the Mill Silver, its a rich looking finish and its so inexpensive to upgrade from silver to brushed with the VARIANZA's
Old 05-06-08, 01:49 AM
VipDout
19x11.5 -51

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

These are works .. not too sure of the model but you can message Lightwave76 .. step lip too but he might have the look you want ?

Last edited by VipDout; 05-06-08 at 01:52 AM.

Quick Reply: Which finish to get for Work Varianza T1S