GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Heh Heh, I like it...I like it A LOT!

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-02, 05:17 PM
BLiu
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Heh Heh, I like it...I like it A LOT!

Just installed updated version...CAB is very clean. I didn't paint it black like the other fellow cuz I like the matte finish of the box. Now, all I need is some stickers so everyone will know the maker...Leo from Weapon R, are you listening? ...Where are my fancy stickers??? J/K

PS NO STALLING, noise is much more reduced compared to without the box. It is also quieter than the SRT intake system and the SRT does not have the CAB ... I think it's a great idea to sell the intake and CAB box alone without the ECU. It gives customers an option of going mild initially and then make the larger committment with the ECU when you have saved up and go WILD . JMHO.

Brent
Attached Thumbnails Heh Heh, I like it...I like it A LOT!-wr_cabhfi.jpg  
Old 02-10-02, 05:27 PM
genius1512
Driver

Looks cool, would it be hard to make a clear top for that box? A lot of people are talking about doing that?
Old 02-10-02, 05:37 PM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

very nice!! you can order a window when u order the box for a bit extra.

Looks sweet brent man!
Old 02-10-02, 05:46 PM
Intellexual
Lead Lap

Hey Brent,

Because you've had both the SRT intake w/ ECU and the WeaponR intake + box (I'm assuming you DONT have the WeaponR ECU), I wanted to ask you this:

How does the WeaponR intake with CAB and NO ECU compare with SRT intake w/ ECU in terms of power?

Anyways, looks great and this CAB is really making Weapon R products look a bit more appealing!
Old 02-10-02, 05:48 PM
Intellexual
Lead Lap

BTW -- Do those three screws on top give easy access to the filter? (for cleaning, changing, or just checking up on it, etc.) Or does the entire top flip up somehow like a door (hinged somewhere?)
Old 02-10-02, 08:36 PM
BLiu
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by Intellexual
BTW -- Do those three screws on top give easy access to the filter? (for cleaning, changing, or just checking up on it, etc.) Or does the entire top flip up somehow like a door (hinged somewhere?)
Yup, just unscrew the three screws and you can lift off the cover easily...No probs...

Brent
Old 02-11-02, 10:34 AM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Brent that looks pretty cool.. Do they have an intake for the 430 engine or will this one work as well??

Thanks!

Ken
Old 02-11-02, 10:51 AM
enginyr
Banned

Brent looks sssssmok'n hot. Mines on the way...oh where is the weapon-r logo on the tubing???
Old 02-11-02, 11:54 AM
BLiu
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by 2SAVVY
Brent that looks pretty cool.. Do they have an intake for the 430 engine or will this one work as well??

Thanks!

Ken
2SAVVY: This intake & CAB works for the GS430 as well...

engineyr: That's what I am talking about! Where are my cool-looking WR stickers??? J/K I actually don't mind the clean look.

Brent
Old 02-11-02, 01:06 PM
HKG HARRIER
Rookie

Hey guys.. I'm hapy i have some more happy customers..

The three screws allow you easy access to the Filter for cleaning and montoring the filters condition for cleaning ..

I hope people love the difference in power..

Brent will you elaborate..

And i'll send you the cool stickers.. ahaha

LEO
Old 02-11-02, 01:12 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's a great looking setup!!
Old 02-11-02, 02:08 PM
BLiu
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by epk
BLiu..obviously satisfied with the WR Products, can you actually SEE the power gain in the WR products more than the SRT products?
I want to post concrete results so once I get this dynoed, I will post results. Unfortunately, I don't have the SRT system or the stock system so I don't have a baseline to work with...PM me if you want more details. Thanks.

RA are you done with midterms? Maybe we can make a trip to a dyno since you've got the SRT on your 430...

Brent

Last edited by BLiu; 02-11-02 at 02:10 PM.
Old 02-11-02, 07:30 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

BLui, the box looks great. However, I'm still mistified on how air enters the box. It seems restrictive. I heard air enters through the headlight area? Is that so. just seems weird. I would like to see a dyno of your car with and without the box if possible.
Old 02-11-02, 09:14 PM
Intellexual
Lead Lap

Leo,

Can the WeaponR group buy be extended till after Brent (or someone else) gets some dynos
Old 02-11-02, 11:29 PM
BLiu
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by LXOGOOD
BLui, the box looks great. However, I'm still mistified on how air enters the box. It seems restrictive. I heard air enters through the headlight area? Is that so. just seems weird. I would like to see a dyno of your car with and without the box if possible.
The air comes from the bumper slots next to the passenger side fog light and then is directed up through to the intake. Take a look at your stock airbox and you will notice the opening where it is pointed at. The box has no bottom or front so in essence, it only has 3 of the 6 sides so technically, it's not really a box - that's where the air comes from...

Like a said before, a dyno now is not going to tell me anything since I never dynoed the car as stock. We won't know the improvements. I don't have the stock unit either and I don't want to put the stock back on just to dyno it. There are HP numbers out there dynoed by another owner's GS400. Just ask Leo for the reference.

Brent

Quick Reply: Heh Heh, I like it...I like it A LOT!