GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

My rare disgraced GS300 (couple of PICS)

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-08, 10:31 PM
EN_VY
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by L3XOTIC
WOW man. With that bad luck, its time to sell the car. SERIOUSLY.
Actually, after the second accident I was going to sell it and see if I could have saved a couple more for a gs430 or an 03" ls430 (04 -06 were still way out of my budget then, prices have really dropped now) but I really, really love the car. I still wax weekly and detail daily even though its wrecked.
Old 05-21-08, 01:16 AM
4play4dr
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

all that damage to the civic and thats all that happened to ur car? man..honda frames are so weak
Old 05-21-08, 01:43 AM
d3fc0N_21
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

With that picture it looks more like the damage was made by the Civic hitting the pole. I guess that's what happens when an 1100lb Civic hits a 3700lb Lexus. Who got ?
Old 05-21-08, 06:08 AM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Good luck and be safe
Old 05-21-08, 08:23 AM
ErseOne
Lead Lap

wrecked and you still wax/detail it? now THAT'S love! Good luck with your future decisions on that car. I would def trade it in for the gs/ls 430. But make sure you can afford the LS insurance and maintenance fees!
Old 05-21-08, 03:59 PM
young's 96
Lead Lap

damn sorry to hear that you seems like a nice person and they took advantage over you but something doesn't want you in a gs that is alot to happen to the car from the time you got it you know what fix it and then wash it with some holy water put a cross in your car and read a psalm over it to wash away the bad luck
Old 05-21-08, 04:13 PM
toeb
Pole Position

wow!!! thats some real tuff luck for you man... these lex's are some tuff cars though.
Old 05-21-08, 05:05 PM
EN_VY
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by young's 96
damn sorry to hear that you seems like a nice person and they took advantage over you but something doesn't want you in a gs that is alot to happen to the car from the time you got it you know what fix it and then wash it with some holy water put a cross in your car and read a psalm over it to wash away the bad luck
Will seriously consider doing that. LOL
Old 05-21-08, 08:51 PM
-Future-
Pole Position

I do like that color! Your luck will turn around!
Old 05-22-08, 04:06 AM
young's 96
Lead Lap

yo envy you in h- town or dallas, san antonio, or austin?
Old 05-22-08, 07:24 AM
EN_VY
Lexus Champion

I live in Houston. Where do you live?

Last edited by EN_VY; 05-22-08 at 12:45 PM.
Old 05-22-08, 04:29 PM
EN_VY
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by whazzzzuup
Maybe the fix will take care of that orange peel you have on the quarter panel. Such bad luck!
What orange peel?
Old 05-23-08, 10:49 AM
Frankdorn
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm sure the putzes with the Civic took a loss on their car, too. Looks like a pile, but if it ran I'd like to think they lost a grand on the deal...

You gotta stop being so "forgiving"--you're not being mean by having someone pay for damage they caused. A lotta guys here would pisspound a guy for scratching their car!
Old 05-23-08, 11:24 AM
Rippaflow
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Frankdorn
I'm sure the putzes with the Civic took a loss on their car, too. Looks like a pile, but if it ran I'd like to think they lost a grand on the deal...

You gotta stop being so "forgiving"--you're not being mean by having someone pay for damage they caused. A lotta guys here would pisspound a guy for scratching their car!
If anything happened to my 430, you would most certainly see red/blue making a police report. If they hit my car and it was only a dent and they wanted to make a money promise, then well here's a phone. I have a list of all the major banks in the countries number. Call and verify funds. And then we'll go to the bank. None of that here's my number bullcrap. You aren't being mean. When I was 17 with a permit I got into a car accident and the other driver had no problem calling the police (nvm the lady who decided to be superhero witness and curb the wheels on her Navigator jumping the curb). If never pays to cut people a break, simply put. The stereo shop would have been sued as I have access to many willing to help associates. The civic people would have gotten arrested for their stupidness. If you are teaching someone how to drive standard, do it in a parking lot not in traffic.
As someone of very simular age, your maturity is greatly admired, as I find myself being you as well. However whne it comes to my possessions, that's where the niceness stops. I'm not going to go crazy and beat someone's ***, but it will be handled in a mature manner, and that does not mean cutting breaks for people. Put it this way, if you hit that Civic and it was your fault and you didn't have the proper papers, do you think those people would actually cut you a break? They would see a guy in a nice Lexus and go after you for every nickel dime penny and ben franklin.

On another note, nice GS. I'm sorry that you have had such bad luck with it. I had a car with bad luck experiences too. As far as your idea of getting a gs430 or a LS430, I'd say go for it in my opinion. Cinnabar is a beautiful color, but at this rate, you are probably better off starting fresh considering the qt panel damage. You don't want to be sitting here a few years down the road wondering why your QT panel wasn't potentially prepped properly or what have you. It was either a GS430 or a LS430 for me, having drove both and a GS300. I would definately try to move on.

Your persistance with this vehicle is greatly admired. The fact that you wash/detail it when it's wrecked up, makes me realize I'm not the only person like that in the world. I used to detail my dented up Ford Taurus Wagon...

Best of luck with this car or future potential cars. For the record, the fire from the audio, I bet you mr. car audio there had a gash in the wire cover or was rubbing against something to make a gash. Random fires just don't happen from an Amp like that, atleast not in the wiring.
Old 05-23-08, 11:37 AM
benzo555
Lexus Test Driver

Man I feel for you. After 4 accidents with people with no insurance I got fed up. Too many of them in Houston. Hopefully things will get better for ya.

Quick Reply: My rare disgraced GS300 (couple of PICS)