GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

New Car! I got lots of unanswered questions help me!

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-08, 08:55 PM
ALeX300
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

kid, please use search button. And read that sticky for NEWBS like yourself.

Explore CL - theres audio and lightning/eloctronics subforums. Stop begging for help.
Old 06-19-08, 09:22 PM
tommyjaix
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dude, just pop ur hood, find the wedge bulbs and twist and pull out. Then go on ebay and search for seller warden_jp2002 and buy some 194 size LED wed bulbs and u'll get the inner lights working, here's a few of my pics.

Old 06-20-08, 07:48 AM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WELCOME sUpErMaNGS
Old 06-20-08, 02:17 PM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by sUpErMaNGS
[Didnt see any1 with 06-07 GS rims yet so far so i wanted to be the first if you have them already show me!]
I've had them since 2005.
Old 06-20-08, 03:34 PM
milky
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

congrats, and welcome to the club.

i'm rather glad you decided to take off those bumper guards, whiskers, whatever those things are.. its hideous lol
Old 06-20-08, 03:55 PM
wowitztai
Lexus Champion

looks good man
Old 06-20-08, 04:04 PM
PushinLEX
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

great pickup.

now get workin on it!
Old 06-20-08, 08:23 PM
UGKkllr
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ALeX300
kid, please use search button. And read that sticky for NEWBS like yourself.

Explore CL - theres audio and lightning/eloctronics subforums. Stop begging for help.
You sound like a total d1ckhead. Everyone has to learn, theres no need to be an a$$hole. You might wanna learn how to spell "eloctronics" too btw

To the original poster, congrats on your new car and youre lucky to be gettin so many replies, I been on here several months, I've bought tons of top notch parts and still cant get anyone on here to ever reply to any of my threads. This is prolly the least helpful of all car forums I have been on havin owned several show/race cars over the last 5 years so your best bet is to not rely on gettin answers here. I can tell you one thing tho, beware of ANY parts you find on EBAY for your car as most of them are total garbage. I had to learn the hard way. Save your cash and buy quality parts only. You can send me a PM anytime and I'll be glad to help ya out. I also have a 2000 platinum series actually. Good luck
Old 06-20-08, 10:26 PM
ALeX300
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

wtf is this, a tickle fight in elementary school? Thank you for pointing out my misspeilinggs , you're prolly gettin very good c’mon man. yeah I was harsh but answers to OPs questions are available if he'd search just a little bit. Why are you still here if these forums are "least helpful"? Oh yeah and this is the cherry on top - "so your best bet is to not rely on gettin answers here". Clap-clap. Way to confuse a newbie.

Originally Posted by UGKkllr
You sound like a total d1ckhead. Everyone has to learn, theres no need to be an a$$hole. You might wanna learn how to spell "eloctronics" too btw

To the original poster, congrats on your new car and youre lucky to be gettin so many replies, I been on here several months, I've bought tons of top notch parts and still cant get anyone on here to ever reply to any of my threads. This is prolly the least helpful of all car forums I have been on havin owned several show/race cars over the last 5 years so your best bet is to not rely on gettin answers here. I can tell you one thing tho, beware of ANY parts you find on EBAY for your car as most of them are total garbage. I had to learn the hard way. Save your cash and buy quality parts only. You can send me a PM anytime and I'll be glad to help ya out. I also have a 2000 platinum series actually. Good luck
Old 06-20-08, 10:33 PM
sUpErMaNGS
Driver

lol thx every1 no need for fighting and Alex300 can go comment somewhere else hate less on newbs and i did search but none helped my headlight question so... ur point...?
O_O!
Old 06-21-08, 07:11 AM
UGKkllr
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ALeX300
wtf is this, a tickle fight in elementary school? Thank you for pointing out my misspeilinggs , you're prolly gettin very good c’mon man. yeah I was harsh but answers to OPs questions are available if he'd search just a little bit. Why are you still here if these forums are "least helpful"? Oh yeah and this is the cherry on top - "so your best bet is to not rely on gettin answers here". Clap-clap. Way to confuse a newbie.
Hey d1psh1t , there's a difference between slang and not knowing how to spell . And what difference does it make to you why I am still here ? Its a fact that when I start a thread on here that I get no help whatsoever.

Seems like everyone on here just wants to show pics of their new parts sittin in the boxes or something mindless like that. I have been on over a dozen car forums for my other cars and when I have a question I would always get an answer within hours. Around here it's like pullin teeth. Im not the only one either, I see alot of valid questions or concerns that go un-addressed or un-answered. Seems impossible for a new guy around here to get much help. So I'll quietly build my car over here with little or no help from anyone on here, no prob.

Sorry your thread got de-railed by the douch bag Alex. Good luck with the car. See if you can use some kinda paint cleaner to get rid of the marks that the whiskers left behind. Maybe try a porter cable buffer. I'd go ahead and claybar the whole car and go from there.
Old 06-23-08, 02:46 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 360 Likes on 230 Posts

I'm going to ban both of you for a week if you even breathe towards each other any more in this thread. Done here, move on.

/End.
Old 06-24-08, 01:29 AM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

...i saw a white GS today just like mine but all 6 of his lights were on mine have only 4 so any1 can tell me how tofx the two little / middles ones? !...
...and i did search but none helped my headlight question so... ur point...?
O_O!

i answered your question about the problem with your inner lights on 6/19 right after your original post. but you still keep asking and saying no one has helped you. check your wedges, if they are blown get new 194 bulbs and put them in.
Old 06-24-08, 07:47 AM
sUpErMaNGS
Driver

guess my headlights are normal so its all good this car is making me broke sigh still gotta buy furniture for my new apartment when i get back to school too

$300 spare key from lexus dealer
$200 change rotors and brake pads
$200+ new muffler (mines sound dead)
$500 for dunlop tires
$60 compound/buffer paint

should be done by the end of the summer O_O
Old 06-24-08, 01:33 PM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

guess my headlights are normal so its all good this car is making me broke sigh still gotta buy furniture for my new apartment when i get back to school too

$300 spare key from lexus dealer
$200 change rotors and brake pads
$200+ new muffler (mines sound dead)
$500 for dunlop tires
$60 compound/buffer paint

should be done by the end of the summer O_O

lol. your headlights are "normal"? are you still ignoring my suggestion or did you just decided not to check the 194s to make sure they arent burnt out?

60 bucks for a compound/buff job? sounds dirt cheap. careful, you get what you pay for.

Quick Reply: New Car! I got lots of unanswered questions help me!