GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Alignment problem/spoiler removal question

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-08, 11:41 AM
UGKkllr
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alignment problem/spoiler removal question

This thread covers 2 issues. First is an alignment issue and the second is about removin a spoiler.

So I got a 4 wheel alignment at a local service station cuz they were doin it for 40 bux so I figure why not , I needed one anyways. Well they couldnt get it perfect and the guy at the shop said I might need a camber kit. The car was lowered before I bought it but is at stock height now so why would I need a camber kit ? What really sux is I have the car for sale and the prospective buyer wants the alignment perfect before he buys the car. So what should I do ? How much does a camber kit even cost anyways , cant find anything thru google. And how much should it cost to install ? Should I just get a kit, have it installed and then go back to the shop that did my alignment and have them do it again ?

I also wanna remove my 3 piece rear spoiler before I sell it . Sux considering I just had it painted and installed a few weeks ago but oh well. Should I just use a heat gun to soften the adhesive ? Once its soft what should I use? I have heard of ppl using fishing line. What actually works ? How far should I hold the heat gun away from the spoiler? Its a Junction produce replica spoiler attached with double sided ashesive. If you have removed a rear spoiler before then plz post up ! Thanks in advance.
Old 07-01-08, 11:43 AM
UGKkllr
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

here's a shot of the spoiler
Attached Thumbnails Alignment problem/spoiler removal question-rear-shot.jpg  
Old 07-02-08, 09:04 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

how much you want for it? i call dibs