GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Green Tint + Visors (pics) Opinions ??

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-08, 04:28 PM
GREED777
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Green Tint + Visors (pics) Opinions ??

I wasn't going to post until I had a few more things done with the car, but I've been getting alot of questions about the tint. So here it is. I added 60% green tint from Japan, and the Aristo visors from Carson. I actually like the tint, at least I'll say, it's growing on me. I wanted something different, and PA is VERY strict on tint So I figured this is light enough that I should not run into any problems. My next dilema is whether to drop it lower, or just space my wheels out further. The roads around here are horrible, which is why I went for the conservative drop to begin with. If I space them out the rears will probably require 10-15MM and the fronts 5mm. Haven't made up my mind, all opinions are welcome. Car isn't as clean as it should be right now, but it's been raining here everyday, and the pics of the tint aren't the greatest, but I had glare in all of my other shots.

Old 07-02-08, 04:32 PM
macd7919
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I kinda liked the green tint from the distance shots, kinda looked subtle like the 01-05 headlights. The up close shots make it look really green though, a little too much for me...
Old 07-02-08, 05:30 PM
GS430V8
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

very nice car, i also ordered a pair of JP neck pads and visors from carson.
Old 07-02-08, 05:31 PM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

You know I've always loved your car Craig.. Still looks hot.. Green tint though? It is unique If you were looking for the look of the Mercedes Benz tint, then Huper Optik Cermamic film would be the film of choice.. Cops will be able to see heads in the car day or night with the Huper 35% film.. Here is Huper 30 (which is 35%) on my ride.

There is a Fox News vid on the Huper Optik film in the link. Best film you can buy without the hassel

http://www.huperoptikusa.com/consumer_auto.cfm
Old 07-02-08, 05:45 PM
L3XOTIC
Lexus Champion

Credit for being Unique. Not many people out there with Green tint. But to the normal persons view... they might not like it because they arent into cars.
Old 07-02-08, 05:58 PM
Rising_Sun
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Very VIPish. Overall your has always been tastefully modified. The window visors and Green tint add a subtle uniqueness. I believe another 1/2-1 inch drop would make a world of difference. Have Seize or the 1 of the other PSers to give you another perspective.
Old 07-02-08, 07:44 PM
Kyle Harty
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Not really feeling the tint but the rest of the car is hot, I love the wheels and kit.
Old 07-02-08, 07:48 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

ok,,,um,, is stil hot. Def. unique,,, I am like you,, has to grow on me. I like the way it came out. This is something that you don't see everyday, which makes it very unique. Just has to grow on me some more. Props for the step in creativity.

Spacing your wheels out will give your car a fuller appearance and may be the way to go with the surroundings you live in.

Dropping the car a lil more would definately be a positive, however, consider the roads,, as well as the steepness of your driveway. May not be too hot of an idea considering.
Old 07-02-08, 07:52 PM
iasc300
Lexus Champion

nice but im not diggn the tint
Old 07-02-08, 07:55 PM
GWELEX
Lexus Champion

Unique, yes it is!! Not a choice I would of made. With your interior perhaps a brown or bronze for something different from the crowd. With my opinion out there I must say your GS looks great.
Old 07-02-08, 11:46 PM
AYEmike
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looks nice, but would have been better if it was mirror reflection green tint
Old 07-03-08, 03:41 AM
GREED777
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by DASHOCKER
You know I've always loved your car Craig.. Still looks hot.. Green tint though? It is unique If you were looking for the look of the Mercedes Benz tint, then Huper Optik Cermamic film would be the film of choice.. Cops will be able to see heads in the car day or night with the Huper 35% film.. Here is Huper 30 (which is 35%) on my ride.

There is a Fox News vid on the Huper Optik film in the link. Best film you can buy without the hassel

http://www.huperoptikusa.com/consumer_auto.cfm
Your tint looks great Sean, I should have talked to you about this a while ago, I've been battling over this tint decision for about a year I had a feeling that the majority would not be in favor of the color, but I had to try,lol. It's kind of funny, some people I run into absolutely love it, others hate it, not many in the middle.

Originally Posted by trukn1
ok,,,um,, is stil hot. Def. unique,,, I am like you,, has to grow on me. I like the way it came out. This is something that you don't see everyday, which makes it very unique. Just has to grow on me some more. Props for the step in creativity.

Spacing your wheels out will give your car a fuller appearance and may be the way to go with the surroundings you live in.

Dropping the car a lil more would definately be a positive, however, consider the roads,, as well as the steepness of your driveway. May not be too hot of an idea considering.
I am still debating on whether or not the green will stay, it's actually a little more subtle than it appears, maybe I need to post pics with the windows all the way up....the interior may create to much of a contrast. As far as the drop goes, I really think it needs to be lower, but I also know the ramifications of living in western PA
Old 07-03-08, 07:04 AM
dave11428
Pole Position

Never tought I will like green tints, but that looks good.
Old 07-03-08, 08:01 AM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

Not a fan of the green tint but overall the car is really nice
Old 07-03-08, 08:28 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i like the kit/rims/car/neck rest pillow things/ not so much the tint... the tint reminds me of those wanna be yakuza cheap chimpura thugs that wear the colored lenses in their sunglasses at night time.

i lived in pa for a year and actually got a ticket for having fog lights on when it was not foggy outside,,, at night... the cop was a real **** and i thought was only gonna give me a warning since i was from out of state but as he was talking to me someone drove by and threw a 40 bottle out the window at the cop (i think) and it smashed on the ground right in front of my car and the dude (cop) got on his radio and marched back to his car all pissed off, sat in there for about 20 mins then came back with a ticket for like 95 dollars or some shiz... that is how a few of my pa memories are... funny, huh??

Quick Reply: Green Tint + Visors (pics) Opinions ??