GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

WOW Factor

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-08, 10:00 PM
Pearlexus
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Get rid of the eye lids on the back,switch to LEDs, Replace rear spoiler with 3 piece like Explosion Type, new shoes! Thats my take.
Old 07-10-08, 11:31 PM
aristo2369
Lead Lap

Question wow with new wheels

Well, since i started this i been thinking of all the comments about the wow factor. Since then i removed the rear lids, might remove the front tomorrow. i looked into a set of wheels, i saw those vertini wheels for sale and i like them alot. guy has some for sell but the offset on his wheels are 35mm. i have brembos upfront an i hope they clear since in runny 41mm offset in front and 37 in rear, im thinking i can get away with it if i dont drop it more than what it is?what do you think?
Old 07-11-08, 05:01 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

it should clear it no problem...if.... ARE YOU REFERRING TO BREMBO ROTORS OR CALIPERS??? if you are referring to rotors and they are the same as the stock size (which is most common) then they are fine, if they are calipers stock again is fine but if it had a bbk (big break kit) added which is the caliper relocation assembly and a larger diameter rotor then you will def. have to verify before dropping the money on the rims...

check with previous owner if you don't know for sure cuz that is def. a show stopper if they are the bbk in order for certain rims to clear them...
Old 07-11-08, 06:41 AM
aristo2369
Lead Lap

Default wheel

[QUOTE=sojah;3671074]it should clear it no problem...if.... ARE YOU REFERRING TO BREMBO ROTORS OR CALIPERS??? if you are referring to rotors and they are the same as the stock size (which is most common) then they are fine, if they are calipers stock again is fine but if it had a bbk (big break kit) added which is the caliper relocation assembly and a larger diameter rotor then you will def. have to verify before dropping the money on the rims...

check with previous owner if you don't know for sure cuz that is def. a show stopper if they are the bbk in order for certain rims to clear them...[/QUOTE

Well, i have the bembos rotors and calipers. i bought another set of wheels ebfore with the same and they fit his saying with a 35mm offset it might rub on the fenders.
Old 07-11-08, 06:49 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

i am willing to bet that they are stock sizes (caliper, rotor) just brembo brand, in which case the wheel will fit over it as long as it is larger than stock size. if you are dropped at all then a 20x10 with the 35mm offset may rub going over dips when there is added weight in the back. if you want to drop it more go with an 18 or 19" rim for best results...

best case scenario is that you meet up with someone and just swap rear wheels for a quick test drive to see if it is everything you had hoped for.. if you don't know anyone see if any local shops will help you out...
Old 07-11-08, 07:15 AM
aristo2369
Lead Lap

Smile offset

Originally Posted by sojah
i am willing to bet that they are stock sizes (caliper, rotor) just brembo brand, in which case the wheel will fit over it as long as it is larger than stock size. if you are dropped at all then a 20x10 with the 35mm offset may rub going over dips when there is added weight in the back. if you want to drop it more go with an 18 or 19" rim for best results...

best case scenario is that you meet up with someone and just swap rear wheels for a quick test drive to see if it is everything you had hoped for.. if you don't know anyone see if any local shops will help you out...
Yeah the calipers are bigger and so are the rotors 14 inch up front. well, with those wheels im willing to keep the current height for the upgraded look you know. i really never have anyone in the car besides my girl and my babyso weight is not that big deal plus i can adjust the tein to make it stiffer.
Old 07-11-08, 08:12 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

14 is pretty big, do the stock wheels even fit over those, i bet not huh???

yeah that edfc seems pretty cool, i almost bought it last summer but went to FL to see the relatives instead. still not sure if i made the right choice or not.?

just throw those new wheels on it and you should be skrate... those things looked sick in the pic on your car. its pretty amazing how many different looks our car can have..
Old 07-11-08, 08:22 AM
aristo2369
Lead Lap

Default wheels

14 is pretty big, do the stock wheels even fit over those, i bet not huh???

yeah that edfc seems pretty cool, i almost bought it last summer but went to FL to see the relatives instead. still not sure if i made the right choice or not.?

just throw those new wheels on it and you should be skrate... those things looked sick in the pic on your car. its pretty amazing how many different looks our car can have..
Well, on the picture the front wheel was photoshoped with the gold calipers and it had the black vertini center cap, im going with all chrome so its going to look like the rear wheel which i like better anyways. well im going to pay for them today and i hope to get them by next week, but yeah. like a goodlooking girl, the shows can make her stand out just a tand more than with sandals you know
Old 07-11-08, 08:33 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

ever since i got my first set of aftermarket rims 17" enkei rsf-2's or something like that they were a split 5 star design i put them on my second car ever a band new off the lot 2000 eclipse (which i still regret not just getting a used 99 at the time) i have always looked at cars with the rims in mind. if a car doesn't have nice rims it just doesn't register in my mind as a nice car.. i guess i'm just racist like that...

here is another one of my famous type analogies.. all my coworkers always say i have the craziest analogies, but my interpretation of this is like a bomb *** looking girl right, you see her walking up and looking fine as hell then she passes by and you know you gotta turn around and look cuz ur a dude and thats what dude do, so you turn around and you notice that she's got no *** at all... i mean i'm talking no curves horizontal or lateral just flat as a pancake and all... that is how i feel about a nice car that has no rims.. and big *** 22" fake plastic grips do not qualify as a rim. and most of these hondas driving around with fake 17" chrome rims from knock off brands don't count either.

be sure to post up pics after you put em on..!
Old 07-11-08, 08:44 AM
Donuts
Rookie

Dude.. Awesome CAr.. ! i jst think you need to kindof make ur car a little bit neeter.. then it will definintly.. stand out even more.. !

Trunk wing.. i sugest to take it off.. or replace it with a neeter maybe smaller one !

but over all .. very nice car !
Old 07-11-08, 01:23 PM
aristo2369
Lead Lap

Default wheels

ever since i got my first set of aftermarket rims 17" enkei rsf-2's or something like that they were a split 5 star design i put them on my second car ever a band new off the lot 2000 eclipse (which i still regret not just getting a used 99 at the time) i have always looked at cars with the rims in mind. if a car doesn't have nice rims it just doesn't register in my mind as a nice car.. i guess i'm just racist like that...

here is another one of my famous type analogies.. all my coworkers always say i have the craziest analogies, but my interpretation of this is like a bomb *** looking girl right, you see her walking up and looking fine as hell then she passes by and you know you gotta turn around and look cuz ur a dude and thats what dude do, so you turn around and you notice that she's got no *** at all... i mean i'm talking no curves horizontal or lateral just flat as a pancake and all... that is how i feel about a nice car that has no rims.. and big *** 22" fake plastic grips do not qualify as a rim. and most of these hondas driving around with fake 17" chrome rims from knock off brands don't count either.

be sure to post up pics after you put em on..!

DITTO, well i went with the vertini hennesy from a guy in OC. paid for them today so i hope i get them by early next week so i can swap out the tires. The 35 offset is whats making me worry since the current wheels fit perfect 41 FRONT 37 REAR on the car but ill figure it out once i get them.

Last edited by aristo2369; 07-11-08 at 01:47 PM.
Old 07-11-08, 03:45 PM
2jzism
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Who makes that rear spoiler?
Old 07-11-08, 06:47 PM
DrewGS350
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Man! Your car looks great as is. Not sure if you posted any interior pics? If not what do you have?
Old 07-12-08, 01:04 AM
aristo2369
Lead Lap

Default interior pics

Originally Posted by DrewGS300
Man! Your car looks great as is. Not sure if you posted any interior pics? If not what do you have?
new wheels(vertini henessy)will be here on tuesday
Old 07-12-08, 10:57 AM
mole
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by aristo2369
new wheels(vertini henessy)will be here on tuesday
my comment was that you should go with a wheel that is not mesh or 5 spoke, that does tend to make the car blend in a bit. I like the look of the vertini henessy as it is a bit unique and fits the GS well. I was gonne suggest you talk with Bob at zone wheels about some of thier wheels but it looks you grabbed a wheel just like the zone wheel, cant wait to see pics.

my other comment would be the head and tail light lids are a bit much, and the painted inners on the trunk as well. I am a simpleton and believe less is more most of the time.

Quick Reply: WOW Factor