GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

WOW Factor

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-08, 05:04 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you finally took off those eyelids,,, great!!! and don't listen to those people talking about different rims, those ones you got are perfect.. There is really only 1 more reasonable thing left to do that many people all seem to agree on. remove the stock spoiler, and imo replace with a nice quality rear deck lip type thing, not just a stick on one but a nice 3 piece type.
Old 08-11-08, 02:23 PM
VipDout
19x11.5 -51

I would say if ready for a huge wow factor change the Aim gain kit would be really nice on the car with fenders but the hood would need to be changed ..

The new rims came out nice .. would be amazing if you had the new wheels refinished in a gold or bronze ... Would match your theme .. (photoshop) !!

i just sat a read thru your 8 pages .. some really good advice and some bad advice.. but the rims like i mentioned earlier came out nice ... smaller tires and lower .. and taking off the wing .. first before buying a 3 piece ... see how you like that ... I removed my stock one and havent added one yet ... It took a week for me to get used to but i like the wingless look ... and I had the stock one and loved it (2 years ago)

btw zone wheels are in the 4000k + range in price .. ask Socalsc4 <~~ baller !

if you are looking at a change up ... Vipstyle could be the new look for you ? browse through that section of the boards ... I was hooked

If you mentioned in the bay area ... look me up .. I live in this area too .. would be nice to see the car in person
Old 08-11-08, 03:34 PM
'99 SC 400
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like the color. My '03 GS430 is the same, but yours has a much deeper look. But the color is fairly rare and that was a big reason why I bought it. Here they're either silver, black or white. Car looks great, I haven't read every thread. But I would go with darker tint, maybe a mirror blue. And I would go with a wheel with less chrome. Maybe no chrome. They draw the eye away from the color, which is one of the strongest attractions.
Old 08-11-08, 05:51 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The car is looking better with the little changes. I'd keep the Tom's mirror covers as they are relatively rare. The JDM fender side markers are also pretty unique. The full L-sportline kit is also rare since they are discontinued.

As I said before, I'd replace the OEM spoiler for that final touch. Lastly, shark fin vs roof spoiler. I'd choose one and get rid of the other. It looks too cluttered on top. My vote would be to keep the roof spoiler. The spoiler is an ornamental piece. The shark fin is meant to be an antenna but is only an ornamental piece here (at least the last I heard, Dee did not connect it to anything).

Nice work so far.
Old 08-11-08, 06:09 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Change the front bumper
Change the grill

Good to go.
Old 08-11-08, 06:25 PM
istundra
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by chrispy
Those headlight and tail light overlays look incredibly cheesy.

I think if you lower your car a bit more you'll get some more WOW out of it. A proper stance is something that is often overlooked.

Old 08-12-08, 11:31 PM
Alafingaz
Rookie

get Diff rims that match with the color a little and darker tint.
Old 08-13-08, 10:09 AM
SoCalSC4
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

You have transformed that car. Looks great.

I have never been a fan of the OE rear wing, but changing it for most aftermarket wings (or NO wing at all) requires filling the holes and respraying the trunk, so who could blame you for not wanting to do all of that?
Old 08-13-08, 10:19 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

hey socalsc4 is you got a aftermarket 3 piece lip type, if uses the same existing holes from the oem though right?? this was my wishful thinking at least.
Old 08-13-08, 02:25 PM
ProfesrLEX
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hate to be picky but i think this what this thread is about. You just tinted your windows again but you put limo on the back which does not match the front I know its illegal to have dark tint, or any tint on the fronts here in CA but with WOW factor comes many sacrifices. I have to admit I have the same setup, however i cant stand/afford to be pulled over. But if i that wasnt an issue i would match up the front and back tints with a 20% for a super clean look with no harsh transition. just my .2
Old 08-13-08, 02:29 PM
aristo2369
Lead Lap

Post wow

Originally Posted by ProfesrLEX
I hate to be picky but i think this what this thread is about. You just tinted your windows again but you put limo on the back which does not match the front I know its illegal to have dark tint, or any tint on the fronts here in CA but with WOW factor comes many sacrifices. I have to admit I have the same setup, however i cant stand/afford to be pulled over. But if i that wasnt an issue i would match up the front and back tints with a 20% for a super clean look with no harsh transition. just my .2

i know i been thinking about it. my best friend can re tint if i get pulled over so it wouldnt be a big deal to remove to front but yeah i can see you point . but yeah i might do limo in front and see how long that last before i get pulled over.
Old 08-13-08, 02:40 PM
HKS350
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Looks nice, the only change needed is to black the roof out and roof spoiler. It would take the black accents in the rim and bring it to the car.
Old 08-13-08, 03:23 PM
JiBBeL
Lead Lap

Ooh, I kinda like the idea of blacking out the roof too! Might be a shame on such a beautiful rare-colored GS though
Old 08-13-08, 10:20 PM
SoCalSC4
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by JiBBeL
Ooh, I kinda like the idea of blacking out the roof too! Might be a shame on such a beautiful rare-colored GS though
I would respectfully disagree...
Mine is NightHawk Black with blue flake.
The only thing I don't like about it is that it's almost TOO subtle.
Most people don't notice it.

hey socalsc4 is you got a aftermarket 3 piece lip type, if uses the same existing holes from the oem though right??
My wing is the Junction Produce. It will cover the rearmost holes, but not the forward holes. I filled all the holes... I HATE that OE spoiler!
Old 08-13-08, 10:23 PM
VipDout
19x11.5 -51

I have to see that car in person one day Bob ... one day .. one of the best

Quick Reply: WOW Factor