GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

The Lex Dealer are a bunch of maggots/tranny issues

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-08, 10:32 AM
nar8ta
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default The Lex Dealer are a bunch of maggots/tranny issues

Just to remind yall....... I had a issue with my tranny (shift silenoid A)

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...ghlight=nar8ta

Lexus Stealer check the car and said they opened the tranny pan, changed the silenoid and there is still something wrong with my tranny. They said the Tranny is like $4000 plus labor. They then charge me $700 for changing the part (shift silenoid A) and labor. I When home tight with car after the Rape. I then parked the Car, took a break and went looking for a newer Car (2006 M45).

My girls started terrorizing me to do something with the car I search NYC transmission shops and found one by the name of Bayridge Transmission in Brooklyn....right around the corner from the Lexus stealership. The dude seamed like a very honest dude and been in business for years. I drop the GS off to him, he drops the pan and calls me saying ....."they didn't change your the silenoid ....this is way to old looking to be a new part". I then when to the Dealer and barked on them....they said maybe the part was faulty and to bring the car back here... I was like "Hell No". I said as least yall can warrantee the part yall claimed to change, they said bring them the part. After bring part, they said (to cover themselves), yes this our part and we will warrantee the part for free (wupteedo I paid $700 prior). I then take new shift silenoid to my guy at Bayridge tranny...he pops it in and the car runs better then it ever ran. I went back to the Dealer and screamed on them again...stating the could have cause me to take a $5000...for a $500 job. Check this my guy charged me $240 for the job. I gave the dude a $100 tip just to show how thankful I was.......

The moral of this story.......The stealership strikes again....Foul dudes man.
After barking on one of the sales reps....the dude goes "lee your right, we don't want to fix things we want to replace"......Horrible!!!!!! I wonder how many other they have robbed.....sickening man!!!! GOD was with me big time..

If any NYC people have any tranny issue.... check out this dude ...he is one of the most honest mechanics i've ever deal with....... Tell him Lee with the "GS horror story" sent you LOL.

http://bayridgetransmissions.com/
Old 07-14-08, 10:49 AM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

Nice, you got it fixed. I never take the car to the dealer for anything...PERIOD! It's just a pointless waste of time. From now on, I'm never going to buy a new car anymore. A 1-2 year used car is fine with me, so long as the dealer is not making money off me. Not to mention you don't take the huge depreciation hit either.
Old 07-14-08, 11:01 AM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Do not ever go to Bay Ridge Lexus. They are a bunch of scumbags, I wouldn't trust them with a Geo Metro, their dealership is a hole in the wall that needs to blow up. But please do contact Lexus headquarters about this, it will be another strike against them, hopefully they will be shut down at some point.
Old 07-14-08, 11:10 AM
sleeper408

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

Wow.... what a story. I would be extremely upset also if the dealership scammed me like that. Overcharging is one thing, to overcharge and not perform the necessary repair is just plain wrong. Glad you found that other shop.
Old 07-14-08, 11:27 AM
Och
Lexus Champion

You guys have no idea how many dealers and even independant shops charge for work they dont perfrom. This is why I do this:

1) Whatever and whenever possible I do by myself.
2) Whenever someone else works on my car, I watch and make sure the work is done properly.
3) Never go to dealers or shops that wont let me watch them work.
Old 07-14-08, 12:12 PM
nar8ta
Instructor

Default re

Originally Posted by Och
You guys have no idea how many dealers and even independant shops charge for work they dont perfrom. This is why I do this:

2) Whenever someone else works on my car, I watch and make sure the work is done properly.

LOLOL ......do you do work on your own car. I have both lower ball joints and tie rod ends I need installing. I haven reading here of the ball joint issues,yall got me scared and I bought some new ones but need to pop them in.
Old 07-14-08, 12:14 PM
nar8ta
Instructor

Default re

Originally Posted by JeffTsai
Nice, you got it fixed. I never take the car to the dealer for anything...PERIOD! It's just a pointless waste of time. From now on, I'm never going to buy a new car anymore. A 1-2 year used car is fine with me, so long as the dealer is not making money off me. Not to mention you don't take the huge depreciation hit either.
Yeh man......they are the worst hands down!!!!!!!! I almost got ride of a good car because of these dumbies...... I still want a M45 though LOL
Old 07-14-08, 12:15 PM
nar8ta
Instructor

Default re

Originally Posted by Och
Do not ever go to Bay Ridge Lexus. They are a bunch of scumbags, I wouldn't trust them with a Geo Metro, their dealership is a hole in the wall that needs to blow up. But please do contact Lexus headquarters about this, it will be another strike against them, hopefully they will be shut down at some point.
Yup a learned my lesson.....they are the worst...do you have a headquarters contact number?
Old 07-14-08, 12:36 PM
basketthis
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nar8ta
Just to remind yall....... I had a issue with my tranny (shift silenoid A)

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...ghlight=nar8ta

Lexus Stealer check the car and said they opened the tranny pan, changed the silenoid and there is still something wrong with my tranny. They said the Tranny is like $4000 plus labor. They then charge me $700 for changing the part (shift silenoid A) and labor. I When home tight with car after the Rape. I then parked the Car, took a break and went looking for a newer Car (2006 M45).

My girls started terrorizing me to do something with the car I search NYC transmission shops and found one by the name of Bayridge Transmission in Brooklyn....right around the corner from the Lexus stealership. The dude seamed like a very honest dude and been in business for years. I drop the GS off to him, he drops the pan and calls me saying ....."they didn't change your the silenoid ....this is way to old looking to be a new part". I then when to the Dealer and barked on them....they said maybe the part was faulty and to bring the car back here... I was like "Hell No". I said as least yall can warrantee the part yall claimed to change, they said bring them the part. After bring part, they said (to cover themselves), yes this our part and we will warrantee the part for free (wupteedo I paid $700 prior). I then take new shift silenoid to my guy at Bayridge tranny...he pops it in and the car runs better then it ever ran. I went back to the Dealer and screamed on them again...stating the could have cause me to take a $5000...for a $500 job. Check this my guy charged me $240 for the job. I gave the dude a $100 tip just to show how thankful I was.......

The moral of this story.......The stealership strikes again....Foul dudes man.
After barking on one of the sales reps....the dude goes "lee your right, we don't want to fix things we want to replace"......Horrible!!!!!! I wonder how many other they have robbed.....sickening man!!!! GOD was with me big time..

If any NYC people have any tranny issue.... check out this dude ...he is one of the most honest mechanics i've ever deal with....... Tell him Lee with the "GS horror story" sent you LOL.

http://bayridgetransmissions.com/
Read the whole original post and this one. Glad to hear things finally got figured out for you!

Sounds like a major refund should be coming from the Lexus stealer. Otherwise, I would get the mechanic that fixed it to write a statement explaining the situation and process that he went through to figure this out and file a lawsuit against the stealer in an effort to recover the funds that you just gave them. Literally, just gave them. That makes me really upset. That is another reason why I like to do the work on my own vehicle. Seriously, take them to court. You will win and they will have to pay you back along with any court fees and lawyer costs. Otherwise they will just settle out of court for a refund. GL with everything.
Old 07-14-08, 12:40 PM
dave11428
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Och

I agree with u 100%
Old 07-14-08, 01:07 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by nar8ta
Yup a learned my lesson.....they are the worst...do you have a headquarters contact number?
The number should be on Lexus website. Contact them, Lexus HQ are very strict with crap like that, and if you email them pictures of the suposedly new part, and the repair receipt from the dealer, they will adress it. I hope you kept your receipt and the part.

Also, you can take them to small claims court, for amounts less than $5,000, you dont even need a lawyer.
Old 07-14-08, 01:24 PM
Oconee1985
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I hate the dealerships. Ive got a GS and an SC and the SC started having problems and the Lexus dealership told me it needed a new transmission. Took it to my best friend who does all my work and he fixed it for about $300. Bought the wife a used ford van about 3years ago with about 60k from a dealer and they told me they had just changed the spark plugs. Then about a year ago it would start to ping going up inclines so I had her switch to higher octane and didnt have anymore problems. Then this past spring it started jerking while going down the road. Stopped at Ford they told me it needed a transmission that they start having problems around 100k. Took it to my buddy turns out the original dealer only replaced the front 3 spark plugs. The saga continues wife wanted a Honda so traded van in on an 05 (24k) with the Honda dealer. Salesman told me the car had until Dec or 36k whichever came first on the warranty. I only have my self to blame that I didnt get it in writing since I new I was dealing with a scumbag dealership... Anyways last week the check engine light came on and so i took it by the Honda dealership and they told me the warranty ran out back in Jan (before I bought the car) and it would be $92 just to check why the check engine light came on. I chewed the manager out then told the other people in the waiting room if they needed to have the check engine light checked they could do like me and ride down to autozone and have it checked for free vs the $92 scum sucking dealer charge and that my buddy who is a honda/volvo/acura certified mechanic could fix it for half the hourly rate of the dealership. Speaking of autozone they checked it and when my buddy used his 3k machine they both came back with the same answer.
Old 07-14-08, 02:04 PM
Debonair
iModerate

Received 40 Likes on 28 Posts

Damn. Plain sad but it is a reality that some percent of ALL shops pull these types of scams. I am lucky that I can do 80% of the work on my car (with help from various relatives and friends when needed) and a good friend/past employee/master tech can do the stuff I can't/wont(Struts/Timing belt/etc). I think Transmissions are the my only weak spot as some repairs on them are way too intensive for many technicians.

I feel for you on this one. Start a emailing campaign. Don't forget to email the dealership owner and general manager too just so they cant say they were not aware of this issue later.
Old 07-14-08, 03:20 PM
phillygs3

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah it's messed up how mechanics can **** you over.
Old 07-14-08, 03:40 PM
SNiiP3R
Lead Lap

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

Bayridge Lexus is the worst dealership, someone should bulldozer that place....

Quick Reply: The Lex Dealer are a bunch of maggots/tranny issues