GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Rolled Fenders = Dimples

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-08, 11:16 PM

the trick for me
done this so many times on a gs rear are cut and shave a lil bit the fronts are rolled but remeber to roll the front from not getting the dimmples is every lil holes behind that fender find someone to weld lil tiny plates on those NOT TO MUCH CUS YOUR GONNA SHAVE THEM OFF AFTER WHEN DONE I DIDNT EVEN HAVE TO USE A ROLLER I BANGED IT WITH A RUBBER MALLET MAKE SHURE YOU HEAT UP THE FENDER BEFORE BANGGIN THEN GET A GRINDER TO SHAVE THOSE WELDS DONE DEAL NO MORE DIMPLES

DO IT TO THE REARS TO IF YOU ROLL THEM BUT BEST WAY FOR AGREESIVE FITMENT IN THE REAR JUST CUT THEN SHAVE TO SMOOTH IT OUT
THATS THE BEST WAY
Old 08-02-08, 12:36 AM
Vincent123
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by djkevin510
the trick for me
done this so many times on a gs rear are cut and shave a lil bit the fronts are rolled but remeber to roll the front from not getting the dimmples is every lil holes behind that fender find someone to weld lil tiny plates on those NOT TO MUCH CUS YOUR GONNA SHAVE THEM OFF AFTER WHEN DONE I DIDNT EVEN HAVE TO USE A ROLLER I BANGED IT WITH A RUBBER MALLET MAKE SHURE YOU HEAT UP THE FENDER BEFORE BANGGIN THEN GET A GRINDER TO SHAVE THOSE WELDS DONE DEAL NO MORE DIMPLES

DO IT TO THE REARS TO IF YOU ROLL THEM BUT BEST WAY FOR AGREESIVE FITMENT IN THE REAR JUST CUT THEN SHAVE TO SMOOTH IT OUT
THATS THE BEST WAY
Kind of confused. If this is shaving: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=278551

Then what is cutting?
Old 08-03-08, 01:26 AM
[ant]
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^ i think its just a turn of phrase. he probably means cut in regards to using like a dremel and cutting off a whole piece (which is known as shaving also) and then shave as in use a sander or something to smooth it off (assuming shaving is using a belt sander as RMM says)
Old 09-09-08, 10:37 AM
400DGRZ
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by RMMGS4
I may need to do a DIY with video, since I've been responding to this topic for years already. It's only by chance that I responded to this thread.

Stay Tuned

I'm interested as well...
Old 09-09-08, 11:43 AM
VipDout
19x11.5 -51

I actually Took a dremel to mine and about 10 blades on each side ... and it took 2 hrs each because of lack of tools but all in all I have shaven down rears and took a grinder and grinded down the edges with 2 mm with hangover .. next would be the pull ...

Time on each side was from changing out blades and letting the fender cool down from cutting

If anyone is looking to shave down the front look up lightwave76 gs the fronts are with the "poke" look so those had to be shaved down aswell .. I have fiberglass but i have clearance with air so didnt have to shave those down ...

good luck to all who does this

I was getting covered in shavings and it was a hot night and pissed off ... no help ... but I am Very glad I had did this ..

Only problem now is .. No more side to side action with my air set up .... with More flush wheels ... otherwise the fender will shash the wheel ...
Old 10-20-08, 12:03 AM
[ant]
Lexus Test Driver

has anyone got pictures of the dimples in the front and creases in the rear??

i am probably going to get mine rolled for legal reasons but i want to see how bad the damage will be because i wont be able to afford to get it fixed for quite a while
Old 10-20-08, 02:04 PM
slimjim
Rookie

Originally Posted by [ant]
has anyone got pictures of the dimples in the front and creases in the rear??

i am probably going to get mine rolled for legal reasons but i want to see how bad the damage will be because i wont be able to afford to get it fixed for quite a while
Hard to capture in pictures, but this is what I have right now...it annoys the heck out of me and I plan on getting it fixed soon...if door dings annoy you, these will annoy you that much more...the last picture is of me standing right up to my car and looking down towards the fender/tire...I put a folder in between my tire and fender to show the way it dimples, hope this helps...

Old 10-20-08, 05:08 PM
Grimpy
Lexus Test Driver

HAHA DIMPLES!! W00T!!! The shop I got mine rolled at warned me that if he rolled further, it would dimple up. I still rubbed the spot while driving back home. I popped my wheels off and pounded the sob flat. Now I got two dimples per fender as well. Looks just like yours!