GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

*VIDEO* Bass = No Roof

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-08, 11:30 PM
swat1727
Instructor

Received 54 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by sleeper408
That is nuts!! Whatever floats his boat I guess, but I wouldn't want to buy new windshields and windows after each sound competition.
you forgot, new roof!!
Old 07-22-08, 11:33 PM
JDMes
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that money could have gone alot further in that gs. Waste of time/money/effort imo
Old 07-22-08, 11:41 PM
bg_281
Driver

Originally Posted by Thizzle
that money could have gone alot further in that gs. Waste of time/money/effort imo
hate hate hate hate i just love it... its not your money or your GS so who cares??
Old 07-22-08, 11:48 PM
macd7919
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

It's not his money or his Gs but it's a waste of a perfectly good Gs that could have gone to someone who would care about their car. If you were just going to destroy a Gs why wouldn't you get a civic or something, it's just utterly retarded to destroy a nice car for that. On top of that the idiot is sitting in the car while playing it, lol.....Maybe he was hoping the bass would rattle his brain back into it's functioning state, lol.
Old 07-23-08, 12:41 AM
GS818
Driver

Originally Posted by macd7919
It's not his money or his Gs but it's a waste of a perfectly good Gs that could have gone to someone who would care about their car. If you were just going to destroy a Gs why wouldn't you get a civic or something, it's just utterly retarded to destroy a nice car for that. On top of that the idiot is sitting in the car while playing it, lol.....Maybe he was hoping the bass would rattle his brain back into it's functioning state, lol.
+1 for macd7919...
Old 07-23-08, 12:49 AM
chrispy

Received 79 Likes on 37 Posts

Yeah man. Here I am looking for another clean white GS to build up and I see this moron destroying his.
Old 07-23-08, 12:53 AM
denut-L
Lexus Test Driver

That was what i was thinking of when i was watching the vid.
Old 07-23-08, 05:22 AM
Rock-a-Lex
Lead Lap

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

I agree 100% with Macd, Chrispy and denut; it's a waste. IMHO, a car is supposed to have 3 functions; in no particular order.

either:
1. have a normal car with the necessary amenities to go from point A to point B
2. have a car with performance mods for more of a driving experience because it IS a car and you are supposed to drive it; some like to drive with more enthusiasm = faster.
3. have a car with show mods that makes the car asthetically pleasing to the eye AND guess what it can still go from point A to point B; however some choose not to.
4. or have a car that has a mix of all of the above.

I like enhanced sound systems but something like this is just dumb IMHO and I am entitled to an opinion without being called a HATER. I do not hate these people at all just the concept of my car is louder and sounds cleaner than yours is ridiculous only for ONE reason...because you can't drive the car while utilizing THIS mod! If it does this to sheet metal and glass, I can't imagine what the long term effects would be on the body; besides hearing loss...and it has NOTHING to do with age! Any other mod, anything, fancy lights with strobes, performance mods, show mods can all be UTILIZED WHILE YOU ARE DRIVING...some of it is illegal and some of it may get you into trouble/injured (speed) but it does NOT guarantee that these things will happen...drive around with bass like that (as if you were in the competition/show) and I guarantee that all the aforementioned would happen in due time. Plus you ruin your freakin' car in the matter of seconds!!!??? No good...it's overkill to the MAX. That's like saying I want to put $5K into my GS4 with heavy amounts of NOS, buy drag radials and run it on the track, I bet I will get a low 1/4 mile time but my engine and tranny will be TOAST as soon as I cross the finish./
Old 07-23-08, 06:36 AM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 07-23-08, 06:55 AM
Phamboogie
Lead Lap

So much hate in here. Thank goodness I have my haterblockers on.

Keep sipping. Haha

It's like flaming someone who chose ride a Vespa as opposed to a Hayabusa.
Old 07-23-08, 08:17 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

my only ? is y wouldn't he have ear protection on in the video with the broken windshield? i mean i used to enter spl contests and i used ear protection its absurd not to!
Old 07-23-08, 09:27 AM
Rock-a-Lex
Lead Lap

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

...If someone chose to ride a Vespa then they did it for obvious economical reasons while travelling from pont A to point B (see my item #1). If someone chose to drive a Hayabusa then that too is for obvious reasons but for performance; neither party should be bastardized in these cases because they are both utilizing their vehicles for what they were intended for...drive (although at different degrees). Those glasses can't keep me out and as for the Haterade...I drink that stuff for breakfast. lol
Old 07-23-08, 09:55 AM
wowitztai
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Phamboogie
So much hate in here. Thank goodness I have my haterblockers on.

Keep sipping. Haha

It's like flaming someone who chose ride a Vespa as opposed to a Hayabusa.
I agree..haters right..if u like it post..if u dont then just move on..
Old 07-23-08, 11:12 AM
Phamboogie
Lead Lap

Red face

Originally Posted by Rock-a-Lex
I wasn't expecting to find purists on a Lexus forum like I did on www.NASIOC.com , www.IWSTI.com , when I owned my Subaru. Oh, well. To each their own.
Old 07-23-08, 02:27 PM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

what an idiot ruined a nice car he could have built a van or something to beat on

Quick Reply: *VIDEO* Bass = No Roof