GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

*My GS430 Mod Progress*(Pics)

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-08, 04:40 PM
GS430V8
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default *My GS430 Mod Progress*(Pics)

Hey guys, so its been over 5 months now that i am a owner of a 2003 Gs430 ML package. to tell you the truth i am very happy with my GS. i love all of the moded Gs's on this forum. So thats why i got bit by the mod bug. i will post up pics with updates that i will be doing to my car like led taillights and i will post pics of mods that have been already done to my gs. i love it so far but i think i still have a long way to go to make my car look good like other modded gs's on here. Positive and negative feedback are welcome aswell as suggestions.

Mods Done So Far:
Chrome Grille(Ebay)
Chrome 4pc Pillars
Toyota Visors(from Carson)
Clear Side Markers
Junction Produce Neckpads(Carson)
Chrome Trunk Bar(Ebay)
LED Interior&LicensePlate
Chrome V8 Fender Emblems
Black Tinted windows(20% front and back)
Sonar 4pc LED tail lights
Custom Upgraded dash trim kit
Exhaust Tips
Greddy lip

Future Mods Probably next year:
Rims
Drop(Tanabe spring/KYB)

This is how my car looked from day #1:

added clear side markers on the next day(came with blue LED's but changed to white Led bulbs:

This is what my Gs looks with the mods done so far as of today :

Pic as of today#2( Led Tails Lights are getting installed over the weekend so i will update with pics!):

Last edited by GS430V8; 10-14-08 at 07:05 AM.
Old 07-25-08, 06:30 PM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

make sure you hold onto those oem wheels even when you upgrade... they are hard to come by and only a few of us with the 430's still have them stashed.

suggestion for now until you buy different wheels, if you plan on lowering the car, pick up some h&r 25mm spacers for the front, and 30mm for the rear, they will improve the overall look 100% even if you're still rolling stocks... i will never understand why lexus setup the gs stance the way they did from the factory.
Old 07-25-08, 06:45 PM
GS430V8
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by upstateGS4
make sure you hold onto those oem wheels even when you upgrade... they are hard to come by and only a few of us with the 430's still have them stashed.

suggestion for now until you buy different wheels, if you plan on lowering the car, pick up some h&r 25mm spacers for the front, and 30mm for the rear, they will improve the overall look 100% even if you're still rolling stocks... i will never understand why lexus setup the gs stance the way they did from the factory.
i was thinking i might still pick up some wheels this year if everything works out as planned but would you recommend me to get 18's instead of 20's on stock suspension? and would spacers help me have a better look. suspension has to be next year for me but wheels i might still get as my last mod for this year. Oh and yea i always keep my original wheels for all my cars but thanks for the heads up.

Last edited by GS430V8; 07-25-08 at 06:55 PM.
Old 07-25-08, 06:54 PM
vboy418
Lexus Champion

Looks sharp!
Old 07-25-08, 06:54 PM
RI-Lex
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I say do the suspension first, then go from there as far as wheel size
Old 07-25-08, 06:56 PM
istundra
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

hi,

nice looking car. as for me, i am not too fond of the chrome pillar covers becuase i prefer the illusion of one big window instead of the easily distinguished front and rear with the chrome pillar bar.

good work!

Also, got a link of the dash kit? some dash kits try to make the car "seem" luxurious.. but to me, it seems like overkill.
Old 07-25-08, 06:58 PM
GS430V8
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by vboy418
Looks sharp!
thanks man
Originally Posted by RI-Lex
I say do the suspension first, then go from there as far as wheel size
yea i was thinking about doing suspension this year instead of wheels, but i think i rather put some wheels on for now and than do suspension next summer. and plus winter down here is crazy!

Last edited by GS430V8; 07-25-08 at 07:10 PM.
Old 07-25-08, 06:58 PM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

Great job on the car so far, keep up the good work!
Old 07-25-08, 07:05 PM
GS430V8
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by istundra
hi,

nice looking car. as for me, i am not too fond of the chrome pillar covers becuase i prefer the illusion of one big window instead of the easily distinguished front and rear with the chrome pillar bar.

good work!

Also, got a link of the dash kit? some dash kits try to make the car "seem" luxurious.. but to me, it seems like overkill.
I'm actually not getting the dash kit from the internet. I am getting it custom made at a shop in town. sorry about that. like you said the ones on the net don't look so good. but i'm getting it all matched up nicely custom made.
Old 07-25-08, 07:07 PM
mex lex
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by GS430V8
yea i was thinking about doing suspension this year instead of wheels, but i think i rather put some wheels on for now and than do suspension next summer.
Thats what I did, and if I could take it back, I would've done suspension first before I'd gotten my 20's. I strongly suggest holding on the wheels. I know what you are thinking, "some 20's would look sweet" but, not stock suspension. Get some spacers for like upstate mentioned and it will make your stance look 10x better, and 100x better than 20's on stock suspension. Besides, you already have some nice looking stock chrome wheels.
Old 07-25-08, 07:07 PM
RI-Lex
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Coilovers my friend, just raise it a little during the winters, that's why I do
Old 07-25-08, 07:08 PM
GS430V8
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Seize
Great job on the car so far, keep up the good work!
hey thanks seize, once again thx for the old sig but i think its time for a new one , i'll be around the photoshop forum so keep an eye out.
Old 07-25-08, 07:15 PM
wowitztai
Lexus Champion

looking good..love themm stock chromies..
Old 07-25-08, 07:24 PM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by mEx_lEx

Thats what I did, and if I could take it back, I would've done suspension first before I'd gotten my 20's. I strongly suggest holding on the wheels. I know what you are thinking, "some 20's would look sweet" but, not stock suspension. Get some spacers for like upstate mentioned and it will make your stance look 10x better, and 100x better than 20's on stock suspension. Besides, you already have some nice looking stock chrome wheels.

seriously man... ALWAYS go for that suspension first and wheels later if you have to choose one over the other right now... a gs slammed on oem spaced out wheels still looks classy and mean... you throw 20s on a car like this and leave it stock height (even if its just for a "little while") and well... wheres that smiley icon that pukes?
Old 07-25-08, 08:05 PM
GS430V8
Lexus Champion

I understand what you guys are talking about. Having 20's on stock suspension is way to high. As my last mod for this year I was thinking of getting some wheels but now I have know idea what to do. Let's say if I go with lowering my car, what would you guys recommend? I want a comfortable ride and not that bumpy slammed look. I would only want to get lowering springs to lower my car nicely and still have a nice ride. And spacers would be a must if I went with lowering my car instead of getting new wheels. So what do you pros have to say?

Quick Reply: *My GS430 Mod Progress*(Pics)