GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Updated pics....Specific 90K Service Questions!

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-08, 06:14 PM
sUpErMaNGS
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by macd7919
DO NOT use Supra injectors among other reasons they are not the right size and your car will run like ***. There is no reason to replace your injectors unless there is something wrong with them, trust me.
IM SORRY NOT INJECTORS i meant sparkplugs UGH any suggestions where to get sparkplugs?
Old 07-29-08, 07:31 PM
macd7919
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Ok, thats more like it, lol.... Denso/NGK Iridiums

Denso part number IK16
NGK part number BKR5EIX-11

Probably gonna run you around $60 from your local part store. They are worth it, they are tried and proven to work in your daily driver all the way up to 1000hp+ Supras. There is a reason they are the most popular plug on high hp cars, they work and are PROVEN to work and last. Some members on this board think Torquemasters are better, there is no conclusive evidence of that and I for one would much rather go with a worldwide MAJOR manufacturer of parts that have been proven time and time again to work then be the guinea pig and try to make 1 extra hp for twice as much money with "snake oil".

Last edited by macd7919; 07-29-08 at 07:34 PM.
Old 07-29-08, 07:50 PM
sUpErMaNGS
Driver

Ok, thats more like it, lol.... Denso/NGK Iridiums

Denso part number IK16
NGK part number BKR5EIX-11

Probably gonna run you around $60 from your local part store. They are worth it, they are tried and proven to work in your daily driver all the way up to 1000hp+ Supras. There is a reason they are the most popular plug on high hp cars, they work and are PROVEN to work and last. Some members on this board think Torquemasters are better, there is no conclusive evidence of that and I for one would much rather go with a worldwide MAJOR manufacturer of parts that have been proven time and time again to work then be the guinea pig and try to make 1 extra hp for twice as much money with "snake oil".

how bout the brand of the oil, tranny oil, antifreeze and airfilters? where will i be able to purchase them ? private website, ebay or any local store?
Old 07-29-08, 08:12 PM
macd7919
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by sUpErMaNGS
How bout the brand of the oil, tranny oil, antifreeze and airfilters?
Oil:
I would go with any quality brand, Mobil 1 is always a good bet and can be found at Walmart or Sams club/Costco for a good price.

Oil Filter:
Oem toyota

Tranny Oil:
Oem toyota Type 4

AntiFreeze:
This is important, ONLY use OEM Toyota Red antifreeze. It has additives in it for the design of the water pump/radiator etc..used on the Toyota/Lexus cars.

Air Filter:

If your not looking for more power then just use a Oem drop in filter or a Fram replacement, if you want a little power try a K&N drop in (about $75), if you want alot more power try a SRT full replacement system (about $500 shipped)

It would also be a good idea to change your cabin airfilter as well. It's very easy to get to and just costs a few dollars. Your a/c air will blow better and smell nice and clean.

Last edited by macd7919; 07-29-08 at 08:41 PM.
Old 07-29-08, 08:16 PM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome...Your neighbor looks very familiar..Around Flushing perhaps? Clean ride so far..Keep up the good work...
Old 07-29-08, 09:04 PM
sUpErMaNGS
Driver

Oil:
I would go with any quality brand, Mobil 1 is always a good bet and can be found at Walmart or Sams club/Costco for a good price.

Oil Filter:
Oem toyota

Tranny Oil:
Oem toyota Type 4

AntiFreeze:
This is important, ONLY use OEM Toyota Red antifreeze. It has additives in it for the design of the water pump/radiator etc..used on the Toyota/Lexus cars.

Air Filter:

If your not looking for more power then just use a Oem drop in filter or a Fram replacement, if you want a little power try a K&N drop in (about $75), if you want alot more power try a SRT full replacement system (about $500 shipped)

It would also be a good idea to change your cabin airfilter as well. It's very easy to get to and just costs a few dollars. Your a/c air will blow better and smell nice and clean.
Thanks alot bro your info is greatly appreciated! but i still dont know where i should get the oil filter and tranny order since its OEM so is it special order?

Also since im heading back for college im kind of low on money for books and furniture, so i was wondering since my car is @98K should i change my timing belt/waterpump? Are there any signs telling me when i should change it? Because if its necessary i rather get this fix than buy text books!
Old 07-29-08, 09:06 PM
sUpErMaNGS
Driver

Originally Posted by One HoT
Welcome...Your neighbor looks very familiar..Around Flushing perhaps? Clean ride so far..Keep up the good work...
LOL yea i live in flushing ! you too? i cant seem to find any pics of your SC can you teach me how to use this forum.?

I clicked on your name and clicked the link that says all posts by blahblah and then i clicked on all threads started by blahblah and its the EXACT same thing so i couldnt find any of your pics..Are the links directed wrong?
Old 07-29-08, 09:12 PM
macd7919
Lexus Champion

Thanks alot bro your info is greatly appreciated! but i still dont know where i should get the oil filter and tranny order since its OEM so is it special order?

Also since im heading back for college im kind of low on money for books and furniture, so i was wondering since my car is @98K should i change my timing belt/waterpump? Are there any signs telling me when i should change it? Because if its necessary i rather get this fix than buy text books!
Just get the oil filter, tranny fluid and coolant from Toyota. (If they are a good dealership they will be able to cross reference the oil filter for you) the coolant and tranny fluid is the same thing lexus uses just not marked up as much.

It would be a good time to do your timing belt and water pump but that is not a cheap service.
Old 07-29-08, 09:19 PM
sUpErMaNGS
Driver

Just get the oil filter, tranny fluid and coolant from Toyota. (If they are a good dealership they will be able to cross reference the oil filter for you) the coolant and tranny fluid is the same thing lexus uses just not marked up as much.

It would be a good time to do your timing belt and water pump but that is not a cheap service.
so you can only get those fluids at lexus / toyota dealers not in like autozone right? dam is it really expensive? O_O
Old 07-30-08, 09:01 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

um why would the non tt supra have different injectors? they have the EXACT same motors
Old 07-30-08, 02:26 PM
macd7919
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by sakataj
um why would the non tt supra have different injectors? they have the EXACT same motors
They don't have the exact same motor, I'm not sure where you came across that information.

Just for reference as pertaining to this thread:

Non-Turbo Supra injectors are 330cc
Is300/Gs300 Injectors are 285cc
Old 07-30-08, 07:41 PM
sUpErMaNGS
Driver

They don't have the exact same motor, I'm not sure where you came across that information.

Just for reference as pertaining to this thread:

Non-Turbo Supra injectors are 330cc
Is300/Gs300 Injectors are 285cc

hey so where do you buy all the toyota / lexus fluids only at dealers?
Old 07-30-08, 09:02 PM
macd7919
Lexus Champion

hey so where do you buy all the toyota / lexus fluids only at dealers?
Yea, unfortunately you are going to have to buy the tranny fluid and anti-freeze at the dealer. But look at it this way, you only do the anti-freeze once every 100k miles. The tranny fluid is on a large interval as well. It's really not that expensive to use the proper Toyota stuff when you think about how infrequent it really is you have to do it.

One more thing, your cabin air filter I mentioned before, thats supposed to be changed every 10k miles. It can have a significant effect on your air conditioning system. Don't neglect that while your at it, you can get those filters on ebay for about $15. Here is a link to one:

Cabin air filter
Old 07-30-08, 09:42 PM
sUpErMaNGS
Driver

Yea, unfortunately you are going to have to buy the tranny fluid and anti-freeze at the dealer. But look at it this way, you only do the anti-freeze once every 100k miles. The tranny fluid is on a large interval as well. It's really not that expensive to use the proper Toyota stuff when you think about how infrequent it really is you have to do it.

One more thing, your cabin air filter I mentioned before, thats supposed to be changed every 10k miles. It can have a significant effect on your air conditioning system. Don't neglect that while your at it, you can get those filters on ebay for about $15. Here is a link to one:

Cabin air filter
is the cabin filter the one in the glove box or under the hood near the intake theres also another filter O_O sorry i just have so many questions especially since i didnt get a hold of a manual yet which is shipping on its way
Old 07-31-08, 07:52 AM
nutzo4lexo
Driver

Welcome Nice ride by the way! sUpErMaNGS, you will find it much easier and faster to use the search feature when looking for general q's,trust me ima newbie too. I dont think there is any topic that has not been covered on here. +01 on Falkens

Quick Reply: Updated pics....Specific 90K Service Questions!