GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

? Remove Yellow from foglights...

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-08, 05:54 AM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 89 Likes on 81 Posts
Smile ? Remove Yellow from foglights...

Little by little I'm replacing any and all extremities on the car from lights to moldings to prepare for new paint job and make it look clean... well I made the mistake of purchasing the wrong fog lights... I've got the ones that have that yellow cylinder inside which give out the yellow and well its too late to return them... Is there ANY way to take them out? I want all 3 sets of HID's to be the same color!!! Thanks for any help.
Old 08-05-08, 06:01 AM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

oh yea, I got as far as removing the 3 screws from the back.... but that got me nowhere.
Old 08-05-08, 08:11 AM
LiCelsior
Retired

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

dunno if u can do this but this is how the 1LS people do it, http://www.lexls.com/tutorials/lighting/fogs.html
Old 08-05-08, 08:24 AM
TYPEII
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Just trade them on here, the yellow fogs are more popular so there will be tons of peeps wanting to switch them with you... Just post in the 2G classifieds.
Old 08-05-08, 08:31 AM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by TYPEII
Just trade them on here, the yellow fogs are more popular so there will be tons of peeps wanting to switch them with you... Just post in the 2G classifieds.
REALLY? the only thing is, is that they are BRAND NEW! I dont want to trade for old ones .. I'll check it thanks. and try the above too (havent seen it yet)
Old 08-05-08, 08:33 AM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by LiCelsior
dunno if u can do this but this is how the 1LS people do it, http://www.lexls.com/tutorials/lighting/fogs.html
MAN! I thats exactly what I was trying to do, but I couldn't get it out of there for the life of me! It's pretty sealed in there... I'm going to attempt it again...

thanks again.
Old 08-05-08, 08:49 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,257 Likes on 1,371 Posts

Jokster,

Please try searching the forum for instant answers to your question

Use advanced search to target the 2nd gen gs forum and use keywords like 'yellow break glass' 'remove yellow foglight' etc

Example threads I found in 10 secs
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...oglight+remove
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...oglight+remove
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...ow+break+glass
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...ow+break+glass
Old 08-05-08, 08:50 AM
skaiyun
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

no, i remember its much harder than the LS. I believe bakeing is also extremely difficult. like typeII said you better off trading it.
Old 08-05-08, 10:58 AM
Kyle Harty
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

It's not that hard to break the yellow out, just use a big screwdriver or something similar. Stick it through the bulb hole and pry slowly, working it around a little bit; you'll get it. Then you just have to shake the little pieces of yellow glass out. Make sure you didn't bend the shield out of place and if you did recenter it. You now have clear fogs.

Blasphemy to many here, but it's a lot less hassle for you than trading them; especially when they are brand new.
Old 08-05-08, 11:12 AM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Kyle Harty
It's not that hard to break the yellow out, just use a big screwdriver or something similar. Stick it through the bulb hole and pry slowly, working it around a little bit; you'll get it. Then you just have to shake the little pieces of yellow glass out. Make sure you didn't bend the shield out of place and if you did recenter it. You now have clear fogs.

Blasphemy to many here, but it's a lot less hassle for you than trading them; especially when they are brand new.
question to that would be, will ALL of it be gone, or will a little be left? and if there's a little left, will it cause some yellow to show? I'm using 15,000k all the way around, and I dont know what yellow and purple would make....
Old 08-05-08, 11:54 AM
GCOP
Driver

Originally Posted by Mr Jokster
question to that would be, will ALL of it be gone, or will a little be left? and if there's a little left, will it cause some yellow to show? I'm using 15,000k all the way around, and I dont know what yellow and purple would make....
I did mine the same way, worked well, no ill effects. I used a shop vac to cover up the bulb mounting hole while I shook the lense to get all of the old stuff out.
Old 08-05-08, 12:21 PM
nutzo4lexo
Driver

I needed this.I've been trying to buy clears or trade my yellows forever. I'm going this route
Old 08-05-08, 12:45 PM
nutzo4lexo
Driver

Just did it. Done in 5min. This was a very helpful topic for me...
Old 08-05-08, 04:21 PM
Kyle Harty
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

It will all come out with a little effort, like nutzo just posted it's pretty easy and the yellow will be completely gone. 15,000k though?
Old 08-05-08, 04:52 PM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Kyle Harty
It will all come out with a little effort, like nutzo just posted it's pretty easy and the yellow will be completely gone. 15,000k though?
Gets PLENTY of attention!!! I've always liked the look of the 15,000k's and 30,000k, but cant see ANYTHING with the 30,000...

May I ask why you give the ? I dont mind people not like what I do, just would like to know your opinion. Better though that you give a instead of saying "thats effin stupid!!" like what many poop heads do out there.. yes I said poop heads, big whoop you want to fight about it!! :P

Quick Reply: ? Remove Yellow from foglights...