GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

AC issue

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-08, 06:51 AM
DubbleURX
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AC issue

Ok so ive done a bunch of searching and found a few theads on my problem, but not exactly. I turned on my AC this morning and the drivers side is blowing hot air, while the passengers side is really really cold. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Old 09-02-08, 07:27 AM
DubbleURX
Driver School Candidate

Everything ive read people are having trouble with the opposite. The drivers side is cold but passenger isnt.
Old 09-02-08, 07:47 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

try researching a blend door........i have the same prob but opposite. mine is ONLY on heat.........and only happens on passenger side sooooooooo guess i need a blanket in the car for them? hahaha. do u hear a click and a whirr or some kind of electronic noise sometimes on start up or when u turn th air off and/or on?
Old 09-02-08, 07:51 AM
DubbleURX
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by sakataj
try researching a blend door........i have the same prob but opposite. mine is ONLY on heat.........and only happens on passenger side sooooooooo guess i need a blanket in the car for them? hahaha. do u hear a click and a whirr or some kind of electronic noise sometimes on start up or when u turn th air off and/or on?
Yes when i start the car up i do hear an electronic noise coming from the dash. It sounds like a hard drive on a computer loading up but only lasts for about 15 seconds then stops. It sometimes starts making the noise during driving to.
Old 09-02-08, 09:24 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

yes thats the noise i meant. its a blend door....they located under the dashboard by the glovebox. this is what electronically switches the air from head to feet to both and from hot/cold. sounds like yours is doing like mine is and sticking. i haven't bothered replacing it yet as mine only does it on heat and only on passenger side. (sorry sweetie i dunno y u cold im nice and toasty ) i will be doing mine in the winter. also there are like 4 of them under there.....i have heard this is quite laborious....as i think the glove box will be coming out and someone said they pull the dash. mines starting to act up again so i might be doing my own shortly. was ALSO told sometimes its just the gear arms on the synchro of the blend door and my mechanic said he might be able to replace just those. let me know what u do man
Old 09-02-08, 10:54 AM
DubbleURX
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by sakataj
yes thats the noise i meant. its a blend door....they located under the dashboard by the glovebox. this is what electronically switches the air from head to feet to both and from hot/cold. sounds like yours is doing like mine is and sticking. i haven't bothered replacing it yet as mine only does it on heat and only on passenger side. (sorry sweetie i dunno y u cold im nice and toasty ) i will be doing mine in the winter. also there are like 4 of them under there.....i have heard this is quite laborious....as i think the glove box will be coming out and someone said they pull the dash. mines starting to act up again so i might be doing my own shortly. was ALSO told sometimes its just the gear arms on the synchro of the blend door and my mechanic said he might be able to replace just those. let me know what u do man
Air is blowing out of the vents just fine. Just the drivers side is getting heat when the AC is on and the passenger side is nice and cold.
Both sides get heat when the heat is on too. where can i find more info on the blend door?
Old 09-02-08, 03:10 PM
DubbleURX
Driver School Candidate

anyone, save from getting raped at the dealership please?
Old 09-02-08, 06:35 PM
blazin svk
Rookie

you have been directed down the right path. if you are not comfortable with at least pulling the glove, changer, and amp to allow for further diagnosis, then you will have to take it somewhere. fellow members have answered the what, and it is up to you to answer the why
Old 09-02-08, 07:03 PM
DubbleURX
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by blazin svk
you have been directed down the right path. if you are not comfortable with at least pulling the glove, changer, and amp to allow for further diagnosis, then you will have to take it somewhere. fellow members have answered the what, and it is up to you to answer the why
can you tell me where i can find for info about a "blend door"? What do they look like? Any info? Im willing to do the work to fix the problem, i just want to know what the problem is so i can start buying parts and prepping for the fix.
Old 09-02-08, 07:18 PM
UncleRay
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Check if the dual climate button is pressed... If not, then rip your hair out of your head.
Old 09-02-08, 08:00 PM
DubbleURX
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by GS400RcrX
Check if the dual climate button is pressed... If not, then rip your hair out of your head.
Ive already ripped the hair out of my head. I just bought the car 4 days ago lol.
Old 09-03-08, 07:15 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by blazin svk
hahaha is this meditation class? blazin u scaring the noob. dubbler he's right though if u wanna DIY your gonna have to pull the glover box,cd changer,and factory amp (they all in glovebox). can anyone get me a pdf on this as i will also be doing this shortly.............?
Old 09-08-08, 07:29 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

ok so i did some research on some past topics..........

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...nd+door&page=2

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...ght=blend+door

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...ght=blend+door

they just aren't very helpful. can anyone else give me some insight?