GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

The Torch has been passed, DaveGS4 to Veritek

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-08, 02:50 AM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by TLW
wall of txt.

Cliffs?
....my eyes were hurting after a few lines.

Reminded me of the MATRIX movie...LOL.

A couple HARD RETURNs (new paragraph) would be nice.
Old 09-05-08, 04:30 AM
veritek
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Seize
What a wonderful story! It's nice to hear how it was a pleasant transaction for everyone involved.

I'm happy to hear that Dave's car is transferring ownership to the hands of another well-respected CL owner.
Thanks Seize. It's definitely better on the nerves and your piece of mind when you know the person. You know, sometimes, things don't turn out when friends make get involved with big transactions and such, but I am fortunate to count Dave as one of my friends. It all goes back to good character, and Dave has it!!
Old 09-05-08, 04:31 AM
veritek
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by PHML
....my eyes were hurting after a few lines.

Reminded me of the MATRIX movie...LOL.

A couple HARD RETURNs (new paragraph) would be nice.
Yeah, I hear ya. Sorry about that fellas, I was just so excited, I started writing and forgot all I learned back in school about text and such, heheh.
Old 09-05-08, 05:04 AM
ZippyGuy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I've watched DaveGS4 and carbongs over the years and have followed a few of their modifications, if nothing else, they gave me inspiration and direction. I'm really glad to see Dave's car go to Mike. Hopefully one day I'll be able to meet some of you guys soon.

Good luck with one of the East Coast's modification OG's ride.
Old 09-05-08, 05:40 AM
FlavesLex
Lexus Test Driver

Much Congrats to you Bing... Would've never thought Dave would let go of this ride, but great to see it going to someone who will take good care of it.
Tony, on the write-up, they are always very entertaining
Old 09-05-08, 06:08 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i guess i never realized how tight knit of a community this CL group actually is. what more can be said???

what are Dave's plans for the LS is what I want to know??

p.s.

Old 09-05-08, 06:10 AM
KayGee
Instructor

Received 41 Likes on 20 Posts

Dang it, I should have gone to the Varsity yesterday. Congrats Bing. You should have made Dave throw in that pimp rug for the garage also.
Old 09-05-08, 06:33 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,434 Likes on 1,596 Posts

Congrats Bing! Cool to think the beast is going to be in the Atlanta area now owned by a true enthusiast!
Old 09-05-08, 06:37 AM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

nice score. it's a beauty for sure. I'm surprised no one has asked the inevitable question that we're all wanting to know. I know it's rude though and I'm not asking.

too bad the site admin doesn't own a 2nd gen gs anymore though. there was a time when cl revolved around the 2nd gen forum.
Old 09-05-08, 06:50 AM
RI-Lex
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Dave's former car is a beauty, thanks for sharing guys, sounds like it was a great road trip.
Old 09-05-08, 06:51 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,271 Likes on 1,378 Posts

(I'll paste in a response I wrote for a thread in the Clubhouse forum and add a bit to it here)

Krista (my wife) kept asking me "are you sure you want to do this?" and I admit I keep opening the garage door yesterday and peeking out to the empty space in it sadly.

Why did I sell? I wasn't driving the GS (58 miles last year) for fear of damaging something on it or getting it broken into and have slowly dropped out of the car show scene since they've been getting smaller and lamer in Charlotte the last couple of years.

I've had several folks express interest in buying the car but Bing was the first. He also bought my 1998 LS400 a year or so ago and has taken great care of it. Someone buying my GS could make a good chunk of money parting it out but I knew Bing would keep it together, and take care of / enjoy / drive / show it a bit before doing anything else with it. That made moving forward a bit easier.

What else am I selling? No I'm not leaving Lexus and CL. I'm keeping the LS430 but decided since it's our daily and goes every day to the gym, grocery store, etc that I want to maintain the OEM ride and look. So I'm selling some of the minor mods I bought for it (Auto Couture wheels, Datasystem air ride controller, exhaust tips). I've had potential buyers express interest for all of these so I haven't really been promoting them much beyond initial posting, but will soon.

What's next? I think unless I see some smoking deal I'll just drive my 05 LS430 Ultra for a while. I'm a bit worried about the economy and I think until there is some upturn that's the smart thing to do. In addition to the LS, we've also still got the Porsche 911 and BMW M3. The 'smoking deal' cars I consider are an IS-F, SC430 (would modify), Porsche 997 Carrera S or 996 Turbo (would modify). Or possibly a used Prius or Camry Hybrid.

Originally Posted by jcat_GS3
dave, i will tell you one thing from having an uncle with an LS430, the data system controller for your air ride is your friend
Have had one for a year, never installed. I love the OEM ride of the LS Ultra and decided just to drive on stock wheels / not lowered. I'll choose to modify something a bit sportier in the future instead.

Originally Posted by lexusondubs
wow just wow iam speechless ..... oh i didnt see but what all was in the trailer ???
Pretty much an entire room of my basement and part of my garage has been freed up. I kept pretty much EVERYTHING OEM from my old GS so if you see it listed as a mod (below), I still have the original somewhere. Plus some new stuff I never installed (S&S headers, WIN spoiler, some stereo stuff, etc)

I expect after he goes through it all, Bing will be having a big Lexus yard sale... or building another OEM car out of all the parts. Here's a checklist I had that still doesn't list it all; that trailer was pretty full and Bing was glad he got the bigger one.
  • WIN Spoiler
  • PSP x2, chargers and games
  • Amsoil ATF
  • OEM Hood
  • OEM front bumper
  • OEM rear bumper
  • OEM sideskirts 1 (black)
  • OEM sideskirts 2 (silver)
  • OEM grill (painted black onyx)
  • set of 5 OEM 16" GS wheels and tires
  • HRE wheel boxes
  • Brembo GT boxes
  • 1 OEM 17" GS wheel and tire
  • 1 18" OEM Pirelli Pzero M&S tire for LS430 wheel
  • set of 4 OEM Chrome 18" LS430 wheels and tires
  • OEM Tan Interior Leather
  • OEM exhaust
  • OEM suspension
  • OEM airbox x2
  • OEM stereo and changer
  • Rear decklid with 3rd brakelight
  • OEM brakes
  • OEM HID headlight, no bulb
  • OEM yellow fogs (new in box)
  • OEM 98-00 tail lights
  • OEM speakers front and rear
  • OEM TQ Converter
  • Extra set of 14" Brembo outer rotors
  • Extra tan headrest
  • Car covers x2 (Lexus and Noah)
  • Alpine 5 channel amp, wiring, surround
  • JL inline fuse (silver)
  • Monster 2 gauge power main and battery connectors
  • Trophies and wall trophy
  • S&S Header
  • Battery Tender
  • Chrome and black pearl badges
  • Extra bulbs
  • SRT heatshield
  • OEM Steering ECU
  • OEM Gauge Cluster
  • OEM engine cover
  • OEM door sills
  • OEM radiator, oil, etc caps
  • Extra set of plugs colder range
  • Extra supercharger belt
  • Pulley for RMM SC

Next modification - building a home gym in the basement now that I have a free room! One of the conditions of the sale was the he TAKE IT ALL so I could have that space in my house back

Last edited by DaveGS4; 09-05-08 at 06:55 AM.
Old 09-05-08, 06:53 AM
veritek
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
Congrats Bing! Cool to think the beast is going to be in the Atlanta area now owned by a true enthusiast!
Thanks for the kind words Paul!! Good to hear from you.
Old 09-05-08, 06:54 AM
Rob Daddy
Lead Lap

Well I see another Legendary GS has found its home in ATL
Congrats on the purchase
I really need to make it to the meets
I just saw the old pic where it was the last meet i went to a year ago when i first got my car.
I will try to make the next one & maybe i can catch a glimpse of this remarkable car
Old 09-05-08, 07:04 AM
GS430V8
Lexus Champion

thats one lucky owner that got that GS!
Old 09-05-08, 07:07 AM
veritek
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
Krista (my wife) kept asking me "are you sure you want to do this?" and I admit I keep opening the garage door yesterday and peeking out to the empty space in it sadly.
I've had several folks express interest in buying the car but Bing was the first. He also bought my 1998 LS400 a year or so ago and has taken great care of it. Someone buying my GS could make a good chunk of money parting it out but I knew Bing would keep it together, and take care of / enjoy / drive / show it a bit before doing anything else with it. That made moving forward a bit easier.
That trailer was pretty full and Bing was glad he got the bigger one.
One of the conditions of the sale was the he TAKE IT ALL so I could have that space in my house back
Dave, it's ironic that you mention peeking in your garage, cuz I find myself doing that too, but on the opposite spectrum, cuz I still can't believe that beauty is sitting in my garage. I feel guilty, but rest assured, I will treat her right. As far as the trailer full of stuff, I was kind of worried when Dave opened his garage, and I saw all of the things he was wanting me to take. It'll take a while, but yes, I will be posting up in the for sale forums after I go through everything. Dave, I can't say it enough, but thank you so much for this honor!!

Quick Reply: The Torch has been passed, DaveGS4 to Veritek