GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Tail Lights-What's YOUR opinion on these?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-08, 05:51 AM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 88 Likes on 80 Posts
Default Tail Lights-What's YOUR opinion on these?

I've seen quite a few different styles of LED tail lights and most are gay and very cheap looking with NO creativity... However there IS one set I've seen that have the same look as OEM, but are hard to get a hold of... Anyways, saw these and if I can get my 2 week old stockers sold soon, I'll be getting them. ok, now heres the pic, what do you think?:

Last edited by Mr Jokster; 09-08-08 at 08:15 AM.
Old 09-08-08, 07:29 AM
GS430V8
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i think they look good!
Old 09-08-08, 08:01 AM
jriggs
Lead Lap

I like those over just about every other led tail I've seen. I wouldn't have taken the amber out of my 99 tail lamps. where did you find them?
Old 09-08-08, 08:12 AM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by jriggs
I like those over just about every other led tail I've seen. I wouldn't have taken the amber out of my 99 tail lamps. where did you find them?
I cant give away my secrets!!! I've GOT to be the only one....

Originally Posted by louiegs400
i think they look nice
i still like 03 tail lights over led's i like the stock look
Spoken like a broke man! :P JUST KIDDING!
Old 09-08-08, 08:13 AM
iGOTlexy
Lead Lap

i prefer cleared 98's but those look decent.
Old 09-08-08, 09:21 AM
RacerLex
Pole Position

I looked at these as well. The 118 LEDs sound great but not sure about the brightness or quality. I haven't been able to find any reviews on them, and at $500, too risky to do on ebay with no refund.
Old 09-08-08, 09:30 AM
jcat_350
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr Jokster
I cant give away my secrets!!! I've GOT to be the only one....

Spoken like a broke man! :P JUST KIDDING!
i'd think twice about what you just said. His car's a 98, buying a set of 01+ taillights, which are now deprecated stock, actually costs close to what you would pay for 2 sets of LED tails on ebay.

and besides, this is a repost. Multiple repost. USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION.
Old 09-08-08, 09:50 AM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by RacerLex
I looked at these as well. The 118 LEDs sound great but not sure about the brightness or quality. I haven't been able to find any reviews on them, and at $500, too risky to do on ebay with no refund.
You can go to their online store.. but, dont remember them saying no refunds... However, all my VIP stuff and/or upgrades and have NEVER had a problem with them, I buy direct from them instead of ebay. Everything I've gotten from them have been great quality. Oh yea, and they basicly overnight their stuff. Not sure if I get them that quick because I'm in Cali, but I get everything VERY quickly...

Originally Posted by jcat_GS3
i'd think twice about what you just said. His car's a 98, buying a set of 01+ taillights, which are now deprecated stock, actually costs close to what you would pay for 2 sets of LED tails on ebay.

and besides, this is a repost. Multiple repost. USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION.
Dude, it was a joke chill out! oh yea and grow up, it was a simple thread to talk about something.

GOD, I hate morons...
Old 09-08-08, 09:53 AM
pingu
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is a repost though. There was a thread about trying to get a group buy on these. I forget which company makes these lights.
Old 09-08-08, 09:54 AM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by pingu
This is a repost though. There was a thread about trying to get a group buy on these. I forget which company makes these lights.
Its hard to find a thread of a specific tail light.... sorry, if I hurt anybodies feelings by reposting... searching threads is not fun when you cant talk about it... from fresh.
Old 09-08-08, 09:58 AM
pingu
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here you go.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...led+tail+light

Took me about 30 seconds.
Old 09-08-08, 10:00 AM
FlavesLex
Lexus Test Driver

Not too bad
Old 09-08-08, 10:10 AM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by pingu
Here you go.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...led+tail+light

Took me about 30 seconds.
I stand corrected... boo to me

Originally Posted by hav2spool
there clean but i mean there's a freakin grip on ebay soooooooper cheap to that look the same!
DUDE! If you can find me one.... send it my way! All I do is browse ebay when I'm bored, and I find NOTHING! The one I mentioned in the original post is close to stock (but led) but doesnt have enough led's and looks gay. looks like 2 sets of squares! I really dont like it.. HONESTLY, if you find it let me know.
Old 09-08-08, 10:40 AM
jcat_350
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr Jokster
You can go to their online store.. but, dont remember them saying no refunds... However, all my VIP stuff and/or upgrades and have NEVER had a problem with them, I buy direct from them instead of ebay. Everything I've gotten from them have been great quality. Oh yea, and they basicly overnight their stuff. Not sure if I get them that quick because I'm in Cali, but I get everything VERY quickly...

Dude, it was a joke chill out! oh yea and grow up, it was a simple thread to talk about something.

GOD, I hate morons...
you know what man, i just have to laugh. there's an entire thread (maybe sticky? can't remember) called "official aftermarket headlight/taillight" something or other like that. if you keep posting things like this there are plenty of long term members who won't be nearly as nice to you as i was.
Old 09-08-08, 10:42 AM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

EWE!! NO!!!!! LoL... those ones with the circles are DISGUSTING!!! Yea, Ive seen those... but they dont have the shape I want (as I stated earlier) the FIRST ones are perfect, but in style, but the led formation is ugly,IMO... I dont like how the led's are "squared" looks pretty cheap to me. the other I dont like the huge chrome piece on the bottom. The one that is smoke and red is perfect, but I dont want the smoke, I want clear/chrome. when they first came out, they were available, but they went pretty quick. If all else fails, I'll get the Junction produce ones, but $800..... damn!

Quick Reply: Tail Lights-What's YOUR opinion on these?