GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

abs vsc light

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-08, 07:10 PM
cpxdamon
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default abs vsc light

So I got my front lower ball joints replaced, and right when I turn on my car, the vsc, abs, and vsc off lights come on in the dash, do anyone know how to fix this? I ran diagnostic, and it say its my left front sensor, is this easy to fix?
Old 09-08-08, 08:04 PM
kit cat

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

search noob
Old 09-08-08, 08:15 PM
McKrevice
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Coco-bun
search noob
A+ response. Will read again. Asset to Club Lexus A+++++++++++++
Old 09-08-08, 10:44 PM
Hunter2000
Driver School Candidate

You must of fix the left front ball joint right? Because the code is telling you your left front wheel sensor is bad. You must off disconnected or cut the wires to the wheel speed sensor. It detects the rotation of the wheels. It can also read incorrectly if there is a obstruction. Make sure it is correctly plugged in and no wires are cut.
Old 09-09-08, 07:13 AM
kit cat

Originally Posted by McKrevice
A+ response. Will read again. Asset to Club Lexus A+++++++++++++
what do you think a forum is? A magical black box that spits out an answer to every question? Duplicate threads are made, especially for a common problem like this and when someone actually does search, all the information are scattered all over the forum logs.

watch this.

then read this.
Old 09-09-08, 06:30 PM
McKrevice
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Coco-bun
what do you think a forum is? A magical black box that spits out an answer to every question? Duplicate threads are made, especially for a common problem like this and when someone actually does search, all the information are scattered all over the forum logs.

watch this.

then read this.
No, what is a forum? Sometimes people need answers and DO searches without finding what they are looking for so they post a topic. Big deal. Not like it harms the forum by having GASP A DOOPLKATE THRED! OMG! Who cares. This is a place to get help for cars we love. I've done plenty of searches without finding what I'm looking for and I don't really feel like rooting through page upon page of information trying to find the answer to what I need the answer to now.

If you're like me, which it does not sound like you are, you like to help people with the knowledge you have and have learned over the years with the problems that you may have at one time experienced. It takes minutes to help someone.

If I knew the answer, I'd just post it. Much more helpful than OMG NOOB! GTFO OR SEARCH IDIOT!
Old 09-09-08, 06:37 PM
jcat_350
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

No, what is a forum? Sometimes people need answers and DO searches without finding what they are looking for so they post a topic. Big deal. Not like it harms the forum by having GASP A DOOPLKATE THRED! OMG! Who cares. This is a place to get help for cars we love. I've done plenty of searches without finding what I'm looking for and I don't really feel like rooting through page upon page of information trying to find the answer to what I need the answer to now.

If you're like me, which it does not sound like you are, you like to help people with the knowledge you have and have learned over the years with the problems that you may have at one time experienced. It takes minutes to help someone.

If I knew the answer, I'd just post it. Much more helpful than OMG NOOB! GTFO OR SEARCH IDIOT!
apparently, you just don't know when to stop barking up the wrong tree. I haven't been here that long but i know coco has, he's probably forgotten more about these cars than you know. The reason we don't want duplicate threads is exactly what you said, we want to help people with the problems theyve had but people need to try to help themselves first. Making more and more threads about the same problem not only ruins search results but it can also take attention away from other people's threads who really need the help on a question that hasn't been answered before.

if you have something to offer, then offer it. if not, then just keep your mouth shut. the reason we tell people to search is because we know this has been posted before.

hell, if you don't like it, i know lexus owners club forum can always use a few arrogant people like yourself.
Old 09-09-08, 06:49 PM
McKrevice
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by jcat_GS3
apparently, you just don't know when to stop barking up the wrong tree. I haven't been here that long but i know coco has, he's probably forgotten more about these cars than you know. The reason we don't want duplicate threads is exactly what you said, we want to help people with the problems theyve had but people need to try to help themselves first. Making more and more threads about the same problem not only ruins search results but it can also take attention away from other people's threads who really need the help on a question that hasn't been answered before.

if you have something to offer, then offer it. if not, then just keep your mouth shut. the reason we tell people to search is because we know this has been posted before.

hell, if you don't like it, i know lexus owners club forum can always use a few arrogant people like yourself.
haha, barking up the wrong tree? Why because I disagree with someone on the internet? MMMMKAY.

I'm sure he knows way more than me. I've owned my GS for about 1 week.

You already see what I had to offer.

And I'm far from arrogant. Like I said, I help people when I have knowledge that I have and they need. I have never said SEARCH NOOB!

I'll keep your advice in mind though. It was stern, but fair. Right to the point. You put me in my place. Kudos to you.
Old 09-09-08, 06:54 PM
jcat_350
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

haha, barking up the wrong tree? Why because I disagree with someone on the internet? MMMMKAY.

I'm sure he knows way more than me. I've owned my GS for about 1 week.

You already see what I had to offer.

And I'm far from arrogant. Like I said, I help people when I have knowledge that I have and they need. I have never said SEARCH NOOB!

I'll keep your advice in mind though. It was stern, but fair. Right to the point. You put me in my place. Kudos to you.
and really, don't take offense to it, we try to avoid the kind of pissing-contest-one-upmanship mentality that LOC has on their site. People just sometimes don't know how things work. It's a family that takes some adjusting to get into, but once you do, we're your best friend and best source of information on lexus vehicles on the internet, PERIOD.
Old 09-09-08, 07:00 PM
McKrevice
Lexus Test Driver

and really, don't take offense to it, we try to avoid the kind of pissing-contest-one-upmanship mentality that LOC has on their site. People just sometimes don't know how things work. It's a family that takes some adjusting to get into, but once you do, we're your best friend and best source of information on lexus vehicles on the internet, PERIOD.
well good then. I sold my BMW M5 because it was junk and all BMW forums are filled with douchebags. I was starting to think that Lexus owners are the same way.

I don't even like telling people I drive a Lexus, I refer to it as a Toyota. That's how humble I am. Just sayin'.
Old 09-09-08, 07:58 PM
kit cat

actually, i've helped ppl out...i've called/emailed/translated Japanese so members can get some parts they want. I've also helped a local member with his GS but whatever.

to the OP>
if you tugged on the wire, it's most likely a broken wire somewhere. there's a coupler inside the front fender well where the coupler is. the wire+sensor is a $250 part I think. However CL member "JeffTsai" has an awesome page dedicated to DIY jobs on a GS which shows you step by step how to fix this by yourself.

but if you had a shop do this, i'd make the shop pay for everything.
Old 09-10-08, 12:03 AM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Might I suggest that when older members suggest to another member to "Do a search" they can also aid and assist that new member by providing a couple of links to steer them in the right direction.
Old 09-10-08, 03:03 AM
cpxdamon
Driver School Candidate

Angry

I paid them 60 bucks for the labor, and I was watching the guy replace them, he was banging the balljoint hella hard!, I was like damz, don't **** up my **** now, so that mightve caused the sensor to **** up. But I also know the guy who owns the shop, I took it back there for them to fix it and they jus unplugged the sensor and cleaned it, they took out my rotor also to check if anything was wrong, and now when I steer my wheel all the way, I hear like a rubbing like sound from my steering, damz, I hope that's nothin too serious, all he suggested was to buy a new sensor for the front left, which is going to cost around 200 plus tax, I was going to go to lexus dealer here for them to try to fix it. dam this sucks!
Old 09-10-08, 07:35 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

jk well said though

Originally Posted by CK6Speed
Might I suggest that when older members suggest to another member to "Do a search" they can also aid and assist that new member by providing a couple of links to steer them in the right direction.
that would be a great idea, wonder if we can get that done?

heres a search page you can use.......

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sea...archid=2306335