GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

What does YOUR trunk look like?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-08, 01:42 AM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 89 Likes on 81 Posts

Man forgot about the BTL's!! those are some mean mother fuuckers!!! How about the Escalade Steve Meade did!? LoL that was sexy!

Yea, our local RE dealer just created another beast! First off, if you go to Realm of excursion, go to the XXX section hes got 2 videos of 8 XXX 12's tuned to 32. He hit some ridiculous numbers!. As you know thats nuts for street bass! anyways, theres a rich guy who comes every year to re due his systems ALLWAYS spening $70,000+. Well he had 4 18" MT's in his hummer and it STILL wasnt enough for him so he decided to go with 16 of the 12's instead!?!!! I havent heard it yet, but they held a 157.9db 30 second average! (were talking street bass builds here, not spl) the shop is pretty amazing with their work. Ray is ranked in US with his build as are a few shops here in lol ol' Fresno.... (full suede interior)

Last edited by Mr Jokster; 10-03-08 at 06:21 AM.
Old 10-03-08, 01:55 AM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

MAN! I'm going to have to wait till I get home from work to check out all those links... internet connections too slow here... on the build

might I add... I once did 8 Cerwin Vega 15's in a 4 door civic (trying haveing fun doing that! LoL) box placement sucked! Thank god for the 4 doors though! made it much easier.

Last edited by Mr Jokster; 10-03-08 at 02:03 AM.
Old 10-03-08, 04:21 AM
TruPlaya26
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr Jokster
what I like about it is its not the typical set up! I had designed a box VERY similar to that, but couldnt get enough room for the port to do its thing in the box, so I built the "typical" box. However, my new set up will be sexy and I've only seen 1 maybe 2 with a similar set up, however plexy will be different. once again, nice.
Yea I really tried to have something unique done, I don't like having something that's been done already. So far I haven't seen anyone with my exact trunk setup. Thanks for the compliments
Old 10-03-08, 05:35 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

to supraownz.. i had 2 12' RF power hx2's and a power bd 1000.1 originally in my nissan gloria in a nice custom ported box that was sorta pricey with all the interior design features plus cap +batery and like 1 guage with a big fuse, well anyways it was the best sounding set of 2 12's i have come across yet, outside of an actual car audio competition. that motha sucka hit so low and i really miss it. i still can't believe that i left it in the car when i sold it cuz the dude said he would take off a G from the price if i took it out... i should have laughed and yanked that stuff right out. if i could do it again and still have a usable trunk i would, oh and if it didn't cost over 3k... now i'm just being lazy with my 1 jl 12w6 and 500.1 jl amp. and by the way the sound quality between a good RF setup and a jl setup is not comparable. RF wins hands down back in 04 at least. so you vouch for the new RF top power line stuff huh??
Old 10-03-08, 05:54 AM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Sorry you think that comparison SOJAH.. someone must have built your system wrong.. theres absolutely NO comparison between the two ESPECIALLY in 2004! RF stopped making quality shtuff since they lost one of their main creators to MTX. RF hasnt made quality since the 90's! I highly recommend getting your setup looked at cause the w6 is considered one of the tops when it comes to SQ..
Old 10-03-08, 06:09 AM
young's 96
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

Man forgot about the BTL's!! those are some mean mother fuuckers!!! How about the Escalade Steve Meade did!? LoL that was sexy!

Yea, our local RE dealer just created another beast! First off, if you go to Realm of excursion, go to the XXX section hes got 2 videos of 8 XXX 12's tuned to 32. He hit some ridiculous numbers!. As you know thats nuts for street bass! anyways, theres a rich guy who comes every year to re due his systems ALLWAYS spening $70,000+. Well he had 4 18" MT's in his hummer and it STILL wasnt enough for him so he decided to go with 16 of the 12's instead!?!!! I havent heard it yet, but they held a 157.9db 30 second average! (were talking street bass builds here, not spl) the shop is pretty amazing with their work. Ray is ranked in US with his build as are a few shops here in lol ol' Fresno.... (full suede interior)

http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/i...4d6d4f9125.jpg
damn those are alot of speakers thats enough to blow out every window in your car
Old 10-03-08, 06:17 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

yeah i finally had it tuned by a "certified jl whatever whatever' and it did improve the sound quality but to me it is just not the same sound that i was used to with my 2 12's that i bought back in 02 and pimped through 04. my current jl12w6 seems like it only hits like 2 frequencies and granted one of them sounds very nice but yeah every bass line sounds the same to me.

from my jl12w6, the only thing i can figure is that it may be because it is hooked up with an rf splitter to the factory head unit. it is being pushed by a 500.1 jl amp but the signal is being split out from the factory nakamichi amp...
Old 10-03-08, 06:27 AM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by sojah
from my jl12w6, the only thing i can figure is that it may be because it is hooked up with an rf splitter to the factory head unit. it is being pushed by a 500.1 jl amp but the signal is being split out from the factory nakamichi amp...
yea that would be PART of the issue (I dont know why folx still use their factory radios then complain ) also 2 things. You cant compare frequency response of 2 12 to 1? 2 12's will of course drop low! second. Give me one 12 and I can make that summabiitch drop like no other! its all in the box design... how big is your current port? how big is the box?
Old 10-03-08, 07:17 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

dude, my current box is just a plane sealed box that is shaped like a cube in the back but angeled in the front sorta like a truck shaped sub box but a lot deeper. plus the 2 12's i had previously were dual 2 ohm, and i don't even remember what the jl12w6 i have now is. i just wish it were better or i would have invested a little more at the purchase date to get something better. the current box and sub setup, i am ashamed to say cuz i used to be so much about the audiophile and overall quality, is/ was one of those already pieced together setups in a myer emco (high end home audio, car audio, + visual) stores and i just told the dude that if it fit perfectly (which it did) in that 2gs back up against the seat location that i would get it. it was like like 1300 all in all; the sub the amp the install the kit the box and the remote bass control ****, so i told them i would give em a g and the dude laughed... then i recognized one of the employees from back in hs years earlier, and he made it work. i just pulled out the factory sub of course so more sound could get in which helped. plus my old car's trunk was all dynamatted and sounded so tight when the bass hit, but my body kit rattled until some in depth thinking and ingenuity kicked in.

this is the first time i have ever hooked up aftermarket stuff to factory stuff, so all in all it hasn't been as disappointing as i thought it might.

the dudes who made my box w/ the 2 big 12's in okinawa japan were local competition champions years and years in a row and made some very expensive boxes.. this was my first taste of that and i now believe people who say that it is all in the box, when before i thought it was a little silly.
Old 10-03-08, 08:04 AM
Supraownzu
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yea that would be PART of the issue (I dont know why folx still use their factory radios then complain ) also 2 things. You cant compare frequency response of 2 12 to 1? 2 12's will of course drop low! second. Give me one 12 and I can make that summabiitch drop like no other! its all in the box design... how big is your current port? how big is the box?
i'm kinda hoping you mispoke on that comment. the frequency response on a woofer will be identical, regardless of number of woofers. the output level may be different, but not the frequency response.

back in 2002, rockford wasnt super bad, definetly not the quality they had in the mid 90's, but still not bad. 2003ish-2006, was a pretty bad time for rockford. however, in 2007 they decided they need to get back in it, and really came out with some pretty solid equipment.
Old 10-03-08, 08:18 AM
DriftGirl
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by SHiZNiLTi
Nice to see some that knows real carauadio.

I'm going to do a 4th order bandpass with (4) 10's ported into the rear cab through the factory sub cutout in the future.

Here is my setup in my other ride since it's related...

I've hit 149 on the temlab with a single Fi BTL 18" in 7cubes @ 32hz with 100sq.in. of port area...

Here is a vid I made, has about 60,000 views, make sure to turn speakers up...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuVtPkKWkB0

Here's a link to my lates build, (2) RE MT 18's in a 15cuft enclosure tuned to 28hz. This setup will do hair tricks no problem, also that's my purp in the background ...
http://members.***.net/shiznilti/

Check out this link for fraps of google sketchup box design...
http://s113.photobucket.com/albums/n228/SHiZNiLTi/

This box came out nice with the gloss black piano finish...
http://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/ele/805453880.html

WOW!! NICE WORK!!
Old 10-03-08, 08:38 AM
Wringo
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Wringo's Custom Trunk Set Up!

I wasn't going to post the pictures of my trunk set up, because you asked for air suspension set up's, but I didn't want to deprive others from seeing what I had done to my trunk after other members started posting thier set ups.

Here are a few pictures of my "Now you see it/ Now you don't "set up.

(Trunk lid LED Lexus logo)

(Trunk wrapped in Allante' vinyl and built around my rear strut bar.) My trunk is still functional for cargo, but I rarely put items inside.(Covers on)

(System accented with black seude accents-system on display!)

(Right side exsposed)

(Left side exsposed)

(Here is my system illuminated with covers on!)

(System illuminated with covers off!)

(Right side illuminated!)

(Left side illuminated!)

(Rear shot of the car illuminated)

There are plenty more pictures in my gallery if you want to view them of the build process. You may want to check out members Lexusondubs set up as well with the air runner set up you may be looking for and Bluelex's trunk set up? I love my system and it works for me. The sound is awesome and the build was priceless! Good luck with your set up!

Last edited by Wringo; 10-03-08 at 09:03 AM.
Old 10-03-08, 09:14 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

hey man wringo, don't take this all homo like but other than the color of your car, and that big ad on the right side in your trunk advertising the shop that i guess did your trunk install, your gs is what i pictured in my head before making the decision to buy my gs.

-respect
Old 10-03-08, 09:15 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

what did those maya wheels run you??
Old 10-03-08, 10:01 AM
Infamous 1
Lexus Champion

WRINGO - Your set up is ridiculously sick! props

Quick Reply: What does YOUR trunk look like?