GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Any 93-97 Gs300 Lip

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-02, 04:21 PM
minh
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As far as performance mods go, intake, and exhaust are pretty much it. For more $$$ you can get a stand alone or piggy back programmable ecu (AEM). For a lot more $$$$$ you can get a turbo system from Toyomoto.
Old 02-23-02, 05:20 PM
Jmai22
Lexus Fanatic

since we have same engine as supra and SC can't we use supra and Sc mods
Old 02-25-02, 07:58 AM
ocnbrzz
Driver

Default 1st gen GS300 INTAKE !!

Point me the direction of the mfg of an improved intake for the 1st gen GS300'S........ thx!
Old 02-27-02, 04:43 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

There are many products for the JSZ-141 Aristos (1st Gen GS). It's just that it's mostly all Japanese. Go to your local Japanese Town and look for a book by HyperRev. It's volume 34 (titled ARISTO) and it'll have a LOT of stuff to look at for the JZS-141's. Also, pick up some Japanese magazines like VIP Car, VIP Style, AF EXe, Super VIP Sedan, Dress Up Car, and even some Option (there are quite a few different ones) magazines...

Finding out what's available is easy, actually GETTING it is another story. For that, you'll want to hit up Steve Ganz (at Carson Toyota) or you can hit up Jun as he just opened up a new shop down in Southern Cali.

I'm a big fan on that car. I'm considering doing up one myself as a second project car (it's between that, a UCF20 ~MC Celsior [95-97 LS400], or a JZZ-30 Soarer [92-00 SC300])

A mild body kit, some 19's, some coilovers, some suspension upgrades, and a turbo and you're good to go....
Old 02-27-02, 09:11 PM
Jmai22
Lexus Fanatic

can't wait till jun open's his store i was gonna drop by that one day he had an opening for people but i was busy. i live like 10 min from his shop. in torrance
Old 02-28-02, 08:27 AM
Rico's Revenge
Lead Lap

Great info Manaray!

I have fought for a year now to get just what I have on the car! Its a real pain in the ***, but you end up with something nobody has!

There are 5 or 6 GS430s with L-Tuned trim close to my home that I have seen, but...all of them stare when I drive by. Wait until the turbo is on, then they'll really hate me!

I disappeared from this board for a while because of what was said a while ago. People don't seem to respect the older model owners...and I'm sick of the attitude and the I drive this and this and this, blah, blah, freakin' blah...take your 430's and....you know.

As far as a front lip is concerned, Blitz probably has the best. Check out www.veilside.com for IMO the best looking full aero-kit, of course I'm biased because that is what I have.

Tanabe has a great sounding exhaust system in the Hyper Medallion line, but wait a couple weeks because the Super Hyper Medallion is coming out now. Greddy/Trust has great exhaust as do Blitz and Veilside.

As far as intake go to www.rodmillenstore.com and buy their intake...I have found it to be the best I've seen and it is easy to install yourself.

FMAX has a Turbo manifold for the JZS147 and you should expect to pay around $950 for it (you can find it on autonetperformance.com or www.boostfactor.com)...I will be doing a T3/4 turbo on mine and want to run low (11 PSI) boost which should still put me in the 330-340 hp range. Keep in mind that our engines are rated at 220 hp, but in reality we are somewhere around 160.

Sorry for the sermon! I was excited to see someone finally living in the real world!

You can check out the car here...

http://www.streetsourcemag.com/Profi...ProfileID=6898

Last edited by Rico's Revenge; 02-28-02 at 08:31 AM.
Old 02-28-02, 08:57 AM
ocnbrzz
Driver

Originally posted by Rico's Revenge

I disappeared from this board for a while because of what was said a while ago. People don't seem to respect the older model owners...and I'm sick of the attitude and the I drive this and this and this, blah, blah, freakin' blah...take your 430's and....you know.
[/url]
Nice info on your post. the bit above pretty much is a carbon copy of me a year ago.... I just came back, thought I'd give club lex another chance.

Our engines are, from what I understand, are the same as the Toyota supra, and as far as being a "base platform" were designed for a turbo application. Hence the Turbo in the Supra and in Japan, our 1st gen(Aristo) comes stock w. twin turbo's at 285hp.

I saw your car via the link you provided. NICE JOB! Your GS is tite!
High performance class!
Old 02-28-02, 09:12 AM
Rico's Revenge
Lead Lap

Thanks...

Actually from everyone I've talked to, the non-turbo 2JZ-GE actually has a stronger bottom end than the 2JZ-GTE turbo motor. The manifold is different than the Supra, so don't try to do a swap! The weak link is the transmission.

I've already started buying parts (the turbo, blow-off valve and intercooler) but, honestly, I would scrap all the plans for a Kazuma (TRD) Supercharger if they had an application.

Anyone have any thoughts on who to talk to for an ECU upgrade? I could go with the APEXi Super AFC, but I'm looking for options.

Todd
Old 02-28-02, 09:46 AM
Swifty
Pole Position

good luck finding just a lip. The Jspec ol Skool GS lip kits will not fit a US Spec car. The reason being is due to the front impact beam being larger in the US, and thus altering the shape of the stock US bumper. You'd be better off to purchase a full front bumper kit.

The only japanese company stateside that sells em is Veilside. There are plenty of other japanese kits out there but shipping from Japan is in the ball park of $1,000.00
Old 02-28-02, 09:57 AM
Jmai22
Lexus Fanatic

Sup Rico. remember me. i found your webpage and i left you a message in your guest book that said contact me and you e-mailed me day later. i was the one asking if you have HID's in your car. so did you ever get it. hahah finally i'm starting to bring the first generation GS back. hahaha
Old 02-28-02, 10:14 AM
Rico's Revenge
Lead Lap

Jmai22..I remember! I recognized your name this morning.

No, I never did the HIDs. They will come later. I just had the Tanabe exhaust installed and my car got back from the body shop yesterday from having the "Lexus" and the "L" emblems shaved. With the exception of the "GS300" taillight (which will be replaced with a JDM "Aristo" piece when I can get one here from Japan), there are no exterior markings left on the car.

Swifty...you are absolutely correct! I completely forgot about that. I had to remove the rebar from the US spec car to make it match the JDM to install the Veilside spoilers in front and rear. Also, keep in mind that if you do switch the front fascia, you will need to get ***-Spec foglights because the US ones will not fit. Veilside now includes the fogs with the kit.

PS...there is a full WIN aerokit for sale on Ebay for $950, it has been up for a while...do a search under Aristo.
Old 02-28-02, 10:19 AM
Jmai22
Lexus Fanatic

Hey Rico wanna sell me your "Lexus" mine got jacked and now i have holes on my trunk door. and i don't feel like covering them up. i need a "lexus" anyone??
Old 02-28-02, 12:54 PM
Rico's Revenge
Lead Lap

What did they take? The "L" or the "Lexus"

Go to the dealership...they should only be a few bucks! If not email me and we'll do something!

T
Old 02-28-02, 03:54 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey Rico, nice setup on the GS....but don't be dissin' the 430....hehehe, I have one...

Your in-dash Playstation mod is pretty dope! The only thing I HATE about aftermarket stereo installs (all of them), is that the plastic NEVER matches...it just kills me! I suppose wood/aluminum/carbon fiber trim could work?

There would be more support for the older GS's if you guys that owned them would just STICK AROUND! If you all leave, there won't be ANY support here. It's up to owners of the JZS-147's...you can't expect most people that own newer GS's to know anything about the older ones!

If anyone is interested, a friend of mine has a full JDM Aristo front clip available for sale ($7000)...it's the ENTIRE front end of the car including the dash...you can do a full RHD, 2JZ-GTE Aristo...defintely something different! (he will NOT part it out)
Old 02-28-02, 09:07 PM
Jmai22
Lexus Fanatic

the "lexus" rico i went to the dealer and they wanna charge me 29.99. for the word "lexus" alone. whats your e-mail again i lost it. if you don't wanna post it here. here is mine. Jmai22@socal.rr.com

Quick Reply: Any 93-97 Gs300 Lip