GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

victim of the backorder!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-08 | 01:41 PM
4play4dr
Lexus Champion

i just emailed my CC company about the transaction to see if they can get me a full refund..i wouldve called them..but i emailed so i can see what suprastore has to say back bout my shipment..i shouldve known not to deal with them.i never go through online stores without reading up on em first

EDIT**so i just called apexi, which is located in CALIFORNIA..they said they have it in stock!! i dont see why suprastore has to receive it and then ship it to me..theyre based in AZ! it would take apexi like 2 days to get that exhaust to me if it worked out that way..so im going to keep trying to call suprastore and see wassup with that because its straight BS to have to wait this long when the US distributor has em in stock

EDIT AGAIN** crazy thing just happened..i actually got ahold of someone from suprastore..andrew i think it was..he said.."he was just about to call me"..which i dunno if its true..but he says my exhaust arrived today at their warehouse in OHIO..and supposedly the box looked a little roughed up so theyre checking it to see if anything is wrong with it or scuffed up or anything. and if all is good..he said theyre gonna ship it out today to me..otherwise they would have to receive another one from apexi and receive it in ohio and then ship it to me..so much work! but he said if all goes well i SHOULD have my tracking number by today..but we'll see how that goes

Last edited by 4play4dr; 11-03-08 at 02:02 PM.
Old 11-03-08 | 02:07 PM
j_version_
Pole Position

I just called apexi too (great minds think alike) they said they have it in stock but they can't ship it directly to us because suprastore is not a direct customer with them. apexi ships it to suprastores distributor and then they ship it to us. the guy at apexi said they had a few ship out so hopefully its ours. let me know what you hear from suprastore.
Old 11-03-08 | 03:17 PM
4play4dr
Lexus Champion

for sure..i guess we just had to wait..but andrew said for sure sometime this week and he actually apologized for taking so long on the response
Old 11-03-08 | 03:19 PM
pingu
Lexus Champion

I hope you learned your lesson.
Old 11-03-08 | 04:53 PM
j_version_
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 4play4dr
for sure..i guess we just had to wait..but andrew said for sure sometime this week and he actually apologized for taking so long on the response
awesome. so once I get this I can quit worrying and find a motor for a car
Old 11-03-08 | 05:00 PM
AYEmike
Lexus Champion

i dont buy it as they keep making up excuses, imho get your money back asap; even if the next time you call them and they offer another excuse that sounds sweet to the ears.
Old 11-03-08 | 05:59 PM
LexFather

THis is one hilarious thread title!

Hope it all works out.
Old 11-03-08 | 06:54 PM
j_version_
Pole Position

Originally Posted by fuzionn
i dont buy it as they keep making up excuses, imho get your money back asap; even if the next time you call them and they offer another excuse that sounds sweet to the ears.
so much negativity!
Old 11-03-08 | 07:51 PM
4play4dr
Lexus Champion

haha..i mean..i dont mind waitin for it i guess..its more on the fact that they dont respond well to emails or pick up their phone calls..i just wanted an approx. ETA of when i should receive it
Old 11-03-08 | 07:53 PM
pingu
Lexus Champion

FYI, check your time with your CC company to file a charge back. You may only have 1-2 months to do so.
Old 11-03-08 | 08:42 PM
4play4dr
Lexus Champion

my CC company jus needs to know a few things in order to investigate..i have to send it some kind of dispute form..but ima wait n see wassup wit my exhaust this week before i make a move
Old 11-03-08 | 10:02 PM
Eddie@JP
Driver School Candidate

Who did you guys talk to at Apexi? Now I'm confused cus they told my wife they didnt have any in stock. I feel bad if I gave you guys wrong information.
Old 11-03-08 | 10:59 PM
j_version_
Pole Position

i dont remember the guys name but he says hes the one that keeps track of the inventory he said a few of them had shipped out and also i emailed cesar from carson lexus he told me that they only had two in left stock. i hope the ones that were already shipped belong to me and my buddy 4play4dr guess we'll have to play the waiting game some more
Old 11-03-08 | 11:54 PM
j_version_
Pole Position

this guys post from supraforums.com amuzed me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
My .02 on Tozer

Although not an infamously reveered and known member of the supra community, as this is my second post, I have been in the shadows for a couple of years and have solved most my auto problems using this site as an aide, for that I thank all the members. :-) . I only bring this up because, I too have dealt quite a bit with SS and Tozer. I started ordering parts on a regular basis through them about two years agao and never really had a severe problem, a couple little things here and there but nothing enough to stop me from continuing my purchases. Now this pattern held up until about 6 weeks ago when I ordered a afpr, pulsation damp., line kit and install from SS, totaling about $340.00, not nearly what some have lost but a just cause for aggitation. After a few weeks with the product still not at my door, which was until now not the norm, I decided to write SS. Mark was the one to write back. He stated there was a delay and i would recieve it in 4 days. I waited. Nothing. A week or so went by and i wrote again, I recieved a similar response. I waited another couple weeks and decided to look up on the forums to see if SS had such a history, what I found was appalling and scared me. Ill show you my third and final email to tozer, its ridiculous what it takes to get results from such a company.

"This is my third email to you inquiring on my fuel system upgrades for the 7mgte. It has now ben over a month and a half since the order was place and you have told me twice now that they will be shipped shortly, alas, no parts at my door. This is the first time I have had issues with suprastore.com, however, it will probably be the last since I dont think I will place any more orders through your company. I was a die hard fan until now. Although this is the first time for me, I have researched your company through several forums, most supra specific, some not and have tallied dozens of similar stories equaling thousands of dollars lost by the before said auto passionate victoms. I still would love for their stories to be misleading and exxagerated, but I sit at home awaiting that beautifull brown truck, in vain. I believe I too have become infected with the infamous mark poser virus and my never see my parts, nor a refund if I do so inquire upon, which brings me to my next half. If indeed you have no intention on sending my ordered parts very soon, very very soon, then I will need a full refund and I refuse to pay any "stocking" fees you feel like making up to pocket my hard earned cash, as it is evident you dont know the meaning of hard work, just theft. A reply would be appreciated but not required if you have no intention on sending the parts. I will check the bank account in 5 days and if the money isn't there nor have you sent word of parts on there way, I will take your silence as an insult and attempt to steal from me as you have many others. If this is the case, I have in my possesion enough information saved from my own experience along with being in contact with dozens of others with just as important information to begin an offensive and devastating legal action. It is not worth your time to continue doing business in the manor I have heard so much about. I am not patient enough nor willing to go back and forth pointlessly with you mark, I need solid results, not weak excuses. Thank you for your time, I hope all works well. For the both of us. " Austin Tillinghast

He replied less than 10 hours later

Austin, Your complete order was express shipped today at our cost. My apologies for the inconvenience. Tracking will come later tonight. Thanks!

I hope this wasnt too long of a post, sorry if it was, just thought I would help the cause, mark isnt impossible. You just have to threaten a little haha :-)
Old 11-04-08 | 03:36 AM
4play4dr
Lexus Champion

haha..looks like theyre jus being lazy..i guess ill have to do somethign like that if i dont receive my tracking number soon

Quick Reply: victim of the backorder!!!