GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

damn, I have to balance the tire every two weeks!

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-08, 08:42 PM
derricklee
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by raytseng
Have you ever mounted a tire before?
I think something is wrong with your conception of how tires attach to rims.

Google finds this article that explains with pictures: http://marktg.toyotires.com/file/rimslip.pdf

wow..it is very good article to share with

So if i didn't unmount the tire. will it dry winthin two monthes?
Old 10-16-08, 08:52 PM
raytseng
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by derricklee
wow..it is very good article to share with

So if i didn't unmount the tire. will it dry winthin two monthes?
Get it checked for balance without unmounting. If the balance is off, then your tire people have work to do. They can check to see if it was because of slip or because of missing weights. They can mark your tires and find out.

If it's still slipping even after the lube is dried, then either your particular choice of tire and wheel just don't get along or there's a lot of crap on the wheel that wasn't cleaned off.

In either of these cases, you are best off just having your tire professional make the appropriate changes for you, since they are doing the work anyway. No need to second guess them unless they are letting you down. Maybe they will have you choose a different tire with a different bead. If they are well trained tire place with competent ppl, they will be able to see what happened and help you way better then a bunch of people on the internet.
Old 10-16-08, 10:08 PM
derricklee
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by raytseng
Get it checked for balance without unmounting. If the balance is off, then your tire people have work to do. They can check to see if it was because of slip or because of missing weights. They can mark your tires and find out.

If it's still slipping even after the lube is dried, then either your particular choice of tire and wheel just don't get along or there's a lot of crap on the wheel that wasn't cleaned off.

In either of these cases, you are best off just having your tire professional make the appropriate changes for you, since they are doing the work anyway. No need to second guess them unless they are letting you down. Maybe they will have you choose a different tire with a different bead. If they are well trained tire place with competent ppl, they will be able to see what happened and help you way better then a bunch of people on the internet.

Thanks!