GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

New "HID" system from Sylvania!

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-02, 02:18 PM
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New "HID" system from Sylvania!

For those of you wanting/interested in HID take a look at this link:
http://www.sylvania.com/xenarc/prodinfo.htm
Looks promising, if they have Lexus applications.
Attached Images  
Old 02-19-02, 03:43 PM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

TXSYTLE,

Do you think Xenarc X1010 Auxiliary Low Beam Kit would work in the where the GS foglights are??
At first glance it looks like it might but i'm no expert..

Ken
Attached Images  
Old 02-19-02, 04:01 PM
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by 2SAVVY
TXSYTLE,

Do you think Xenarc X1010 Auxiliary Low Beam Kit would work in the where the GS foglights are??
At first glance it looks like it might but i'm no expert..

Ken
Excellent question! It does appear that one of the Xenarc kits is indeed for "foglight" applications, as shown on their site. I would call or email them with that inquiry. As for me since I have factory HID's I'm going to purchase their "SilverStar" line of bulbs which is suppose to be the brightest on the market and as close to xenons for my high beam & foglight bulbs. I'll keep you posted...
Attached Thumbnails New "HID" system from Sylvania!-ss_bchart.gif  
Old 02-19-02, 04:02 PM
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic

Thumbs up

Pic of the SilverStar!
Attached Thumbnails New "HID" system from Sylvania!-sstar.gif  
Old 02-19-02, 04:12 PM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally posted by TXSTYLE

Excellent question! It does appear that one of the Xenarc kits is indeed for "foglight" applications, as shown on their site. I would call or email them with that inquiry. As for me since I have factory HID's I'm going to purchase their "SilverStar" line of bulbs which is suppose to be the brightest on the market and as close to xenons for my high beam & foglight bulbs. I'll keep you posted...
I just sent them an email with my query about the fogs so i'll let you know what they come back with.. Any idea what the "SilverStar" bulbs cost.. Those are just plug and play as a replacement for the 9005 bulbs correct??

BTW when is your 350Z coming in??
Old 02-19-02, 05:44 PM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

they dont make an application for our fog lights... they make some foglight thats a rectangle i see but not for our car specifficly. we should mass email them. they make all the stock GS bulbs so im sure they would be interested...
Old 02-19-02, 06:13 PM
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by LexusRules
they dont make an application for our fog lights... they make some foglight thats a rectangle i see but not for our car specifficly. we should mass email them. they make all the stock GS bulbs so im sure they would be interested...
Sasha, did you confirm that? It's my understanding that the GS foglights are a pretty standard application.
Old 02-19-02, 06:17 PM
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by 2SAVVY

I just sent them an email with my query about the fogs so i'll let you know what they come back with.. Any idea what the "SilverStar" bulbs cost.. Those are just plug and play as a replacement for the 9005 bulbs correct??

BTW when is your 350Z coming in??
Cost = $24.95 ea. And yes they are plug and play. 350Z is supposed to be here @ late August Here is a thread from a member who has these bulbs installed. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...threadid=38509
Old 02-19-02, 06:20 PM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the bulbs are 9006 which is no problem. but these kits are the actual housing all sealed and everything that is a replacement for stock.
Old 02-19-02, 06:28 PM
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by LexusRules
the bulbs are 9006 which is no problem. but these kits are the actual housing all sealed and everything that is a replacement for stock.
Yeah I know that, but on the site you can see where they make both headlight and foglight sytems. As you can see below on this new Accord, it has the actual HID sytem installed as well as the headlights.
Attached Images  
Old 02-19-02, 06:33 PM
Johnny Mo
GX and 2IS Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Xenarcs

Hey guys,

I'm getting the Sylvania Xenarc (X2010)kit for my Expedition, they make a headlight kit specifically for it. I know (through superford.org) one guy who has done it and he said the fit, finish and instructions are all top-notch, down to telling you wher to route/clip the wiring harness. I'd bet they have a few more things in the works, it may pasy to hold off to see how vehicle specific they get for the Lexi that didn't come with HID's originally.
Old 02-19-02, 06:40 PM
Intellexual
Lead Lap

Do the SilverStar bulbs run at a higher wattage and thus make you run the risk of melting your wiring harnesses?

How would they look behind the yellow fog lenses of the GS400? Would they make the yellow brighter?
Old 02-19-02, 07:18 PM
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic

The wattages are 60 & 70 respectively (low & high). As far as the look shining thru our yellow lenses, I'm unsure, but I feel they will be considerably brighter and not affect the yellow color much. I'm installing them this weekend. I'll keep you all posted..........
Old 02-20-02, 12:53 AM
Intellexual
Lead Lap

Cool, let us know how it goes TXSTYLE....

I'd definitely trust Sylvania (maker of many OEM bulbs) for their higher wattage bulb / blue tinted bulb applications than some ricer company....

Last edited by Intellexual; 02-20-02 at 11:03 AM.
Old 02-20-02, 10:44 AM
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by Intellexual
Cool, let us know how to goes TXSTYLE....

I'd definitely trust Sylvania (maker of many OEM bulbs) for their higher wattage bulb / blue tinted bulb applications than some ricer company....
Will do. And I totally agree with you, Sylvania is a true "Pioneer" in the lighting industry.

Quick Reply: New "HID" system from Sylvania!